Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

2 Likes

Just finished the demo. I love the aspect of showing how the main character looks like, makes the experience way more interesting and personal (as I tailored mine to look like me). I love the artstyle too. The storyline itself looks promising and I’m looking forward to more of it. :slight_smile:

I played through the demo, and made different choices with the Jorogumo. One time I exorcised her, the other time, I spared her. Both times I became an onmyoji. Do you become an onmyoji no matter what you do?

Also, is it possible for the MC to be a friend to all youkai, or simply prefer youkai to humans? I think my MC, after the first mission, would end up going in that direction.

You become an onmyoji no matter what because that is your role in the story. I am not sure about the answer to the second aside from knowing you can become friends with at least one or two youkai.

1 Like

Being an onmyouji is set in stone, yes. Whether you can still be called that is up to the author’s whims.

I also believe that it’s reasonable to assume @Ros_e will include a similar path to it for youkai-philes like you and me out there. But time is slow, and we should just patiently wait for word of that happening. and also because I totally ship my MC and the kitsune but that’s for another time wink wink nudge nudge

12 Likes

xD everytime I have prepared for an update, I felt like the flow fell short TwT so some rewrites are in action right now~

@Snowflower @RagEgnite There’s definitely going to be routes in the future where you will need to make choices regarding the Mononoke world and the human world c;

4 Likes

What choices? Is picking the human world even a choice a sane person would pick? Let’s weight the choices, shall we? Monster waifu/husbandos vs human…Hmmmm…Tough choice isn’t it kappa.

Jokes aside, glad you’re back mate

4 Likes

@a_shoggoth has a point. If you’re going to give us two routes then you may need to compesate on the human side a little in order to persuade people to follow that path, otherwise its just going to feel like a shallow choice. Who in their right mind are going to side with the boring humans here except maybe for some really driven RP characters? Yokai all the way!

5 Likes

@Ros_e
Is it possible for the MC to become a youkai (at all)?

1 Like

hahahaha xD Routes. I did not particularly say it was just going to be two, there are many possibilities. It’s not going to be a black and white type of choice; tons of gray. :wink: I do think the humans are interesting in their own way too, and jif you have a bias towards humans doesn’t mean you are necessary against the Ayakashi.

8 Likes

I had forgotten about this WIP. I read it like on January or something. It’s really good, the Japanese mythology is really vast and amazing and it’s good to have a story about it. I remembered why I forgot about the WIP, though. The MC is so characterless. A mama’s boy, and not just when we are young, later too. And our personality is also rather linear. Not entirely, but not enough to make it feel like we actually made the character that way. But besides all that, the story is good, the characters are interesting and I’ll be looking forward for more.

2 Likes

Is Haruka a Romance Option? I would be very happy if she was.

6 Likes

Yes, if I remember correctly

@Pandini
Just a head’s up: We’re not supposed to revive threads that have been innactive for 2 or more weeks (14+ days) unless we’re the author.

4 Likes

Whoops :innocent: my bad

1 Like

Please do not post in WiPs that have not been active recently. If the author would like this reopened, PM me or one of the moderators and we’ll be happy to.

Hey, this opened again :smiley:

4 Likes

Yahooooooo!!! The legend lives again!!!

4 Likes

The only thing I find strange is why this one was reopened, but Caught in a Reverie wasn’t?

4 Likes