Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

I dont even care which Yuki it is, cause whenever I see the word or hear the word the only thing I think of is this:

I dont even like the anime.

1 Like

… I guess I’m not normal (or my MC isn’t anyway).

The yandere queen.

shivers in fright

2 Likes

I found something here:
My character is a girl and the one saying this seemed to be Haruki :arrow_double_down:

Regarding theories and ideas, probably our kitsune will win.
MC’s teacher helped her when she let the other yokai get out alive, but now there’s no way to help my MC out of this mess. Personally, if I was in her place, I would be happy. Discovering that we are risking our lives to some guy get immortality would make me want to stop being an Onmyoji.
I would take this chance and fake my own death, the yokai was strong, it makes sense. I would run away, change my name, cut my hair and sell some of my kimonos to get money… then I would become a wanderer, helping people with yokai/ghost problems.

Or the history would go the same way “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho”, MC suffers a mortal wound and the kitsune gives her a fox bead to “save” her.

5 Likes

[quote=“May_Rinn, post:304, topic:20632, full:true”]Or the history would go the same way “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho”, MC suffers a mortal wound and the kitsune gives her a fox bead to “save” her.
[/quote]
Hmm… or maybe we can manipulate the kitsune into trading places with us a la Painted Skin: The Resurrection… They get onmyoji powers and a shot at life in the Imperial Court, the MC gets fox magic and freedom. Seems like a fair trade to me.

1 Like

Just what is it with Eastern Imperial Monarchs and Immortality? Jeez…

I agree. You’d think that living forever would be more of a curse than a blessing, specially as you watch your loved ones die before you, plus the implications it would have on one’s mental health and personality. But its not just the Eastern Emperors - most cliche villains tend to be pretty egocentric in that they either want to rule the world and/or want to live forever. If they were to think logically them would realize just how silly (and unhealthy) those ambitions are.

What makes you think the kitsune has any love for the empire or even the onmyoji themselves to want such a job? The yokai-hunters (that’s what I call them now because onmyoji is a pain to write) aren’t exactly the nicest of people towards those of supernatural origin - that’s like saying I’ll free you but from now on you have to serve an empire that hates you and probably killed or banished your family. They may even be the ones that imprisoned the kitsune in the first place.

3 Likes

They think if they’re are immortal they get to keep their power/wealth forever and I don’t think they really care about watching friends and loved ones dying.

1 Like

Thats usually what they’re aiming for as immortality is seen as a god-like trait and one thing the asian emperors share with the pharaohs is that they were both considered demi-gods on Earth, mostly by themselves (though some of the populace though so too). First of all, there’s different degrees of immortality - the kind where you can’t die of old age but are still susceptible to physical/spiritual damage and the kind where you’re immune to both. The former means you can still be killed so that’s out.

Immortality itself doesn’t necessarily grant you extra powers beyond what it is so you can still be over-powered and taken as a prisioner to place a place where you can’t really harm or control anyone anymore - that kitsune in the game is pretty much an example of that as his immortality and powers obviosly weren’t enough to stop him from being captured and rendered useless. I’m pretty sure most would wish a quick death than left to rot for god knows how long.

Major downside of immortality. Boredom

5 Likes

yes…Immortality is rather dull since what an you do after you learn everything? not a lot, also, when your lover dies as they are mortal (if you do have one) you will become distraught and unhappy, not to mention loneliness.

And possibly losing your mind.

1 Like

I guess that’s why most immortals in fiction seem like sociopaths(if that’s the right word?)

5 Likes

Considering the kitsune’s question to the MC, they were almost-certainly an ally of the onmyoji at some point in the past, before having a falling out and being sealed,

4 Likes

any “paths” will suite the bill.

@Asura, TBH I am exited to see what had happened before hand when he was free and who the girl is (forgot her name which is pathetic) and I have always been a sucker for Yokai, spirits, demons and Omni :grin:.

2 Likes

An update will be coming up this month heheheh

27 Likes

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

#Me so happy, my favourite WIP so far BTW
(not to say that the others are rubbish because they aren’t, but I am a sucker for fun Yokai games and stories!)

6 Likes

I was thinking about the game today and I felt like the game needed something. You know the game is full of stuffy imperial samurai and court onmyouji. All these nobles need to be balanced out with some goddamn ninjas XD better yet make it a yokai ninja, maybe a tengu ninja. You know, Iga is famous for ninjas, Iga has lots of mountains, Tengu lives in mountains. See, it makes perfect sense :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah, you could pay them with flesh from the battlefield or better yet make them assassins if they are Tengus.

2 Likes

I’m hoping we meet the oni soon. It will be between her and the kitsune for my MC. I have a thing for strong women, what can I say? From the art that was posted she looks kind of small to be an oni tho.

4 Likes