Y U G E N 幽玄 [Demo - 21/09/2017] - Updated

Well, I know more about my bro, Isamu, so I’m biased here. Yes, I said bro.

I also think it makes things more interesting with the guy we know from way back.

At the moment, Daisetsu seems a bit like a random NPC who won’t necessarily live long. Happens in anime plenty of times.

Introduce new character who seems enthusiastic about his job then bam! Dead.

Only time will tell if I warm up to the guy. With how formal he is, I can see he needs a buddy to show him the fun side of life.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it also

I didn’t have any rest in the night, little miss Yokai was humming to a nursery rhyme, teaching Haruka the words to the song. The two of them had somehow bonded over their loves for sweets and mischief. It was refreshing to see Haruka playing with someone else other than me; I always pondered on how much different her life would have been, if she would just stay with his own kind.

And

She held a small piece of leaf in his paws; in all my life, I have only seen her using that once. By placing it on her forehead, Haruka was able to create multiple shadow clones of herself; perfect for creating havoc and mischief.

The his that showed up in these two paragraph Haruka a girl

yay, update!

I shall read after 2500 word essay…
100 years later
done! wait? where did everyone go?

2 Likes

Love the update😍 good story @Ros_e :smiley: just wondering is there will be yokai and hum-no no that wrong side I mean imperial side kind of war?

1 Like

There are quite a lot of things that are similar to Inuasha.

Those are the most obvious anyway. My MC should be able to act like Miroku too if you know what I mean

7 Likes

I figured the white-haired kitsune being sealed by an arrow and needing to be released to save the MC from a powerful yokai was a shout-out to InuYasha

1 Like

There wasn’t suppose to be an arrow at first xD and then… I felt like in the midst of fending off a gashadokuro, the MC won’t really have time to unseal the kitsune effectively xD thus “pulling out an arrow” felt right

4 Likes

So when they were talking about my new retainer and they said “he or she” I was super excited, then I got to who I got…another guy :rolling_eyes: “fine, c’mon samurai, just don’t talk to me.” lol. Anyway, I was in love with Haruka from the start because I’m a sucker for cute :heart: But between the scene where she offers me all her manju and her flashing me puppy eyes…OMG :heart_eyes: For what happens next…Haruka and I get married and I become Empress? :smiley:

3 Likes

Gashadokuro? I think I’m gonna take full credit for this one too xD pretty sure I mentioned it early on in this thread :stuck_out_tongue: haven’t read the update yet (finals week), but will do so soon

Im pretty sure u said it

The inuyasha thing are quite similar especially shikonotama and yokai piece part :sweat_smile: what I want to tell you exactly is if you @Ros_e, want yokai or omyouji reference you can see nurarihyon no mado this anime and manga even describe omyouji too,inuyasha (who everyone know) can also be reference since inuyasha series is taking many time because she searching from real source(and it’s hard because internet are not like now),and anime what (from what I hear) any Japan 1980-1999 (sorry don’t really know about this one😅)childhood folk know it I forgot it’s name the protagonist was the yokai leader who look like 5 year old boy,wear blue tradisional Japan clothes,have brown hair and bang that cover one of his eyes,and always have really small yokai with one eye(who from what I hear was that yokai bang covered eye part) this anime have 2-3 season and every season have many episodes.
I don’t know if you already use it as reference already or not I just want to inform you just in case😁 (sorry if too long and can’t remember last anime title,already too long not see it,dont really like it just think that will be good reference)

The Eien shard wasn’t inspired by Inuyasha (Since many of you pointing out the reference TwT I feel I needed to clarify this.)

It’s actually a belief in my culture, that sacred tamas (jewel) were able to prolong life or even grant immortality.
Also it was very common for Emperors to seek for immortality by any means.

The jewel in Inuyasha also draws its reference from this and so did many other similar material.

12 Likes

What’s those pics from? Sorry, I swear I know but I can’t remember for the life of me.

@moonwalkerdragon Its from Inuyasha

1 Like

some short (sorry) report before going to sleep :

Sure enough, the antidote was effective, the colour on Isama’s skin was slowly returning. The visible veins on his body had also reduced.
(Isamu)

Our room was pretty much the same as we before we left. I carefully laid Isamu on his futon, he still hasn’t responded at all.
(there is double we there)

“Hello. May I see the patient?” Gempachi had a warm and gentle smile, he was like an uncle that every loved having around. He kneeled beside Isamu, checking his pulse.
(everyone)

She was either brave or crazy to barge in like this; she was walking on a very fine line between the two. Why as she here?
(not sure if it should be is or was)

“So so so, does that mean you can have as many manjus as you want now?” His eyes sparkled like the night sky, they held all her hopes and dreams.
(his)

“I, Rkuemon no Kyouran will repay my debt to you, Yuki.” He
(He what ?! XD)

Yes! I didn’t even know it was an update @Ros_e you never fail to impress me this and Caught in a Reverie has to be one of my newer top w.i.p

3 Likes

Awww thank you c: it means a lot to me

4 Likes

@Ros_e I’m actually pretty impressed with not only your story so far, but those portraits.

You’re quite the creative person.

Now, I eagerly await the next update as I’m sure everyone else here will.

3 Likes

So these jewel shards we’re collecting, I wonder if we can use their power for ourselves. That could be fun.

3 Likes

Hmm… Define “fun”.