Writing Advice: Word Crimes

Since we’re a community of writers, I thought I’d share this:

Loved this when I watched it yesterday.

Hahahaha!
Thanks for the share… x’D

Thanks for posting that. It made me laugh.

Weird Al is just the best.

Favorite moments: “or your name is Prince” and the rai-i-ain on your wedding day icon.

Seriously, that “doing good vs doing well” one has annoyed me for so long xD.

“Literally” has always been an annoyance of mine. Doesn’t help when this happens though: http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/15033.aspx

If enough people use a word incorrectly, it becomes the new correct! Ack! :slight_smile:

Hey lucid…wHip.

Humanity has failed xD.

Indeed Sam indeed. Now I shall go get some cool wHip *can feel lucids anger through my device* and I think I shall stop while I’m ahead

Hehehe.

@Lucid
Ugh, I find myself using ‘literally’ so often and I hate it. I’ve gotten used to it and now I can’t stop, even though I know it’s crap.

That is literally the funniest video I have ever seen.

One of my favorite sermons ever was the pastor who told us we could literally take our hearts out and give them to the Lord. Ack!

The only funnier one was our old pastor emeritus who came back to preach an Easter sermon and chose a piratical metaphor. Namely: “Satan is like a pirate… roaming the earth, seeking booty. But Satan will not get all the booty. For Jesus… Jesus is also seeking booty. And the booty belongs to God.”

@Havenstone
I almost died choking on my Pringles xD!

*sigh* now I understand why my religion is no longer held at a high esteem lol

@Razgriz
I think the time when it was held in the highest esteem was called the Dark Ages.

*grabs at my chest.* shots…fired *falls over*

Mwauahaha. xD