Would you like to play a game from the perspective of a camera?

No, never. I play this for role playing a character. If i am just a random camera choosing from far. I don’t care the story has to build attachment and control and being a outsider cold machine the story would be cold and like a puppet no being a real character. Even if it is an original idea for a non interactive story

4 Likes

We can always help show you how to code. It can be a little difficult to begin with but once it clicks things become a lot easier.

If you want to link or post your writing, then I’m sure someone will show you how to code it.

There’s a game where you play an Iron Atom! I haven’t tried it but if you can be an atom I don’t see why you can’t be a camera. One of the things I love about this site is the ideas people have for their games.

4 Likes

Well,it’s certainly an unique idea,I’ll give you that…

I don’t know how’d you pull it off,though…especially since immersion is going to be an issue.Not all of us can relate with a box that records stuff.

But,there definitely could be a good story from this idea.Just think outside the box,I guess.

1 Like

hehehehe good pun dude :laughing:

I’d be interested to see what you want to do with it, but if you can’t really affect anything as the “player,” then it’s really just a story and not an interactive game, right?

I mean, stories from the viewpoint of otherwise inanimate objects exist, like “Toy Story,” Raggedy Ann," “The Velveteen Rabbit,” etc. come to mind. But even then, the toys had personalities and desires and were able to do things when humans weren’t around (OMG, “The Brave Little Toaster” was MESSED in that regard, so many feels and much heartbreak).

If the camera had thoughts, or could tip itself over, refuse to record something, erase film/pictures, etc. to advance or alter the course, then it would make sense. Otherwise, it’s about the same as being a useless fly on the wall.

4 Likes

umm, I duno if you are allowed to ask this here but can you publish one chapter at a time on wattpad?

That would be super if someone could teach me now I have more free time :smile: I’m really open to any help you guys could give me.

What do you mean by that?

Oh you said you were writing the story in wattpad. If you link it to us, we might be able to show you how to code it.

1 Like

Ok cool, I shall have an attempt, though I don’t know how to link stuff from wattpad yet :sweat_smile:.