Working on a choice script story for the first time (Tips)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lt10l9qw1a4evnb/Mage%20Tale.html?dl=0

Its very basic since I"m new to the coding and not sure how interesting it is. Basic character development, stat screen set up, short intro to the story.

The story is about a individual who learns they are a mage and is sent on a journey to discover their magic, along the way an unknown villain take their best-friend to force them to give up their magic (Motives of Villain Unknown so far) Some scenes will be battles so the Main character will be able to pick to be a fire , water , or nature mage and 4 attack/def spells will be accommodated with it. The Character can also learn 4 extra tool spells to do things like turning invisible, walking through walls, and such which will be made available progressively in the story only 4 can be learned period players of the choice to choose which. There is a mana bar in stats using spells will drain mana, resting will replenish mana it makes the battles scenes a little more challenging,

The stats screen has some relationship names for friends and companions

Elis - The mage
Tania(warrior) - Female Companion character and love interest (Gay, Straight)
Dole - Male companion chatacter and love interest (Gay, Straight)
(Gorn) * - Son of whoever will be my main Villain in the story - Evil like his parent but as a twist might make him romance-able or set up a love tension between him and main character ( Thoughts and Opinions and possible name change)

Need a name and personality and motive for the main villain

If you need any more info on my idea ask me please looking for some serious input

link to see the basic intro of the story so far :slight_smile: … Remember I am a Noob at this dont expect much

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lt10l9qw1a4evnb/Mage%20Tale.html?dl=0

ps - Thank you fairy Godfeather for the help getting a proper file link to my story

@odane94
That is a local link on your computer, we can’t see it, you need to upload a compiled version of your game to dropbox or use a public folder (If you have an old dropbox account).

1 Like

Please read my answer to your previous thread on how to upload files.

link has been changed check it out and let me know what you think

The link works!

Here we go, I’m going to list the bugs that I’ve found so far.

Getting this error when I take the stone:

If that is where the demo ends, try adding a *finish after that choice to tell us that it is the end :smile:

I got this error after picking up the book called “The art of disappearance”:

This one for “the art of floating”

And this one for “illuminating the world”

Looks like you forgot to create some variables :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are some typos and the text needs a few *line_break commands to make it easier to read, but the story itself looks interesting!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about choicescript, I’m not an expert here, but I’d be glad to help.

1 Like

Discuss things here