[WIP] Wolves of War (Rewritten 9k words) (06/22/23)

Oi @Phantmwolf another technically it’s wrong…

I didn’t even went with Skoll this time, I chose Fenrir directly, my first choice to spend time with but…

it's all technically wrong

I didn’t chose to go with Skoll yet, Fenrir is my first choice to spend time with, so MC has ABSOLUTELY NO WAY of knowing 'bout the ring or that Skoll took/stole it and they DEFINITELY didn’t explored the other realm…

Oi @Phantmwolf found these on the outing with Skoll…

Amarok looks over his shoulder and sees you closing the gab.

closing the gap.

“I think it was rather noble of him.” A slight giggle slips out of Raven’s throat.

Not him, my character is a female…

“Saving a damsel in distress in a common theme among men these days, but at the same time, it makes it look like women can’t handle themselves.”

is a common theme

I think you could add flavor text, something like
Saving a damsel in distress is a common theme among men, but I guess women can’t help it either.

I want you do deal with Skoll, Raven. Just make sure you don’t kill him."

to deal with Skoll

“Rodger that, but I don’t see why we can’t kill him. He knows too much about the artifact and had stolen the ring from Fenrir. We can’t let the knowledge of these artifacts fall into the wrong hands.”

Roger not Rodger…

Either way, your not sure if you would ever want to do this again.

you’re not sure

It took me a while to fix everything because I had to write an additional scene. I will update the game in a day or two after I make sure everything is working properly.

Edit: The game has been updated.

4 Likes

Just a quick progress report. I plan on releasing the next update around the end of this month or early next month depending on how much work I get done in the next week. The update will add about 10k words or slightly less.

12 Likes

The new update is here. Added 9k words to finish the four sidestories to be able to progress through the story, the part after that is still a work in progress.

The next update will consist of optional lore for you to read, as well as trying to finish chapter 2 and adding variables in certian areas to change character relationships that I have skipped until now.

13 Likes

Yet another progress report for taking too long for the next update. I have been stuck on a scene for quite some time, but now that I have gotten out of that slump, I should be able to finish it much faster now. We will start to get into the meat of the story before chapter three starts.

If you have any questions about the story or questions for me, please feel free to ask. Who knows, your questions might give me ideas to implement into the story or point out some plot points that I inadvertently created.

6 Likes

found a typo, Unbeknow starts with a capital U

Just released the new version. Added 7k words to finish chapter two, and changes to the stat screen. Stats are no longer shown, instead, stats are ranked based on how high they are. Added another stat that will increase based on your four base stats, increasing intelligence will add a bonus.

10 Likes

A quick update for the upcoming version. This update will be the biggest one yet, I am currently at 10k words and I finally remembered to add relationship changes based on your choices for all chapters. You will no longer be able to buy armor or weapons from the blacksmith, it didn’t fit the story. (Goodbye four-hundred lines of code) You will still be able to get a sword if you don’t want to use claws. I plan to release the update within the next two months depending on how much work I am able to get done. You should expect an added word count between 15k and 20k words.

6 Likes

Thank god the smith store is gone. No hard feelings for the guy. I preferred the game to depend on skills instead of money and items. Besides we are a werewolf stronger than any human so we are a weapon technically

2 Likes

The next update has been pushed back a month or two. I’m trying to aim for a release date sometime in November, but that won’t be a guarantee. Work on the game has been slow but steady, trying to spend at least an hour a day on it if not more.

The current projected word count will be closer to 20k if not more. There are a few scenes I have to finish and some testing from my editors and I. My Patreon is back up and running if you wish to support me. Usually, it incentivizes me to find more time to work on the game but also causes me anxiety because I feel like I’m not getting enough done to appease those who do support me. There are no longer tiers for my Patreon, support me for as little as $1 or as much as you want to gain early access to the demo. The release of the demo will be announced to the public on Patreon, no need to pay to get the announcement, the demo will be released two weeks after it is released for Patreon supporters.

9 Likes

The new update is here!! Added 21k words with two branching paths. Two of the newly introduced characters might be future RO’s, we will see how it goes.

As always, I am looking for feedback about any bugs or spelling errors, as well as opinions on the story itself.

18 Likes

Thank you for the update author :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

In case anyone has been wondering about the progress that I’ve made since the last update. I have taken some time off trying to figure out where the story is going to go. I have a rough idea, but I needed to work out some of the details. Winter is always a slow month for me when it comes to writing since I don’t have as much time as I do during the summer.

I’m not sure if this next update will be as big as the previous one, but I have been inspired to work harder after playing one of the newly released Hosted Games. A reinvigoration to focus on the darker tones in life, slowly revealing a character’s personality as the story goes on. What once seemed like a blank slate when you meet a character, just like real life, their complexities reveal themselves over time, as well as changing. Opening up to you, the main character, if you choose to chase their past.

I don’t know where I was going with that. Sometimes I go on a tangent and can’t stop myself.

10 Likes

I’m a vampire type of person so this isn’t for me but the story is ok I guess

1 Like

I might as well announce this sooner than later. I am rewriting the game. I wanted to avoid this but there was just too much that needed to be changed. Many details in the plot either didn’t make sense or wouldn’t amount to anything significant. I tried forcing them together and it ended up becoming a big mess.

1. For better or worse, some of the names will be changed to avoid confusion and for personal reasons.

2. More descriptive writing to make the world feel more vivid. I feel like I’ve improved a lot after taking a break. Now I try to include detailed descriptions whenever I can.

3. The prologue has been changed to include the massacre of the PC’s village before the start of the original game. Everything will be described in graphic detail.

4. Speaking about graphic content. Let’s talk about a more explicit version of the game. I will make a separate thread for this because of its adult nature. Both versions will be updated at the same time and neither will be neglected. If you have any questions or concerns about me juggling two versions at the same time, don’t fret. I have made this process as simple and easy as possible.

5. Minor and major changes to the plot.

The prologue should be released by the end of the month depending on how much work I get done and if my editors have enough free time. I’m not sure how I want to release updates yet. A chapter at a time? Or when I reach a certain amount of words?

19 Likes

The new update is here. Information about the changes to the story can be found in the post directly above this one. The adult version of the game will be released in the adult thread when the next update for this sfw version is released.

If anyone has any questions about the game, spelling errors, or bugs, feel free to leave a comment.

Does the game contain too much blood and gore?
  • Yes.
  • No.
  • More please.

0 voters

8 Likes

While we wait for the long and frivolous journey to the next awaited update. A survey stares back at you after accidentally hitting F4 to exit a game during a great battle you were just about to win. Its presence is intimidating at first, but you know you have to anonymously conquer it by providing feedback to make the next iteration more appealing.

Seems to have potential, I hope the story ends up actually being well written and exciting. I’ve seen a bunch of vampire and werewolf stories which started well but kind of fizzled off at the end.

Good luck with the story

1 Like

Endings can be tricky to get right, especially these games where you can have multiple of them. One reason might be because the author wants to write a sequel. Instead of a satisfying conclusion, they rush the ending and set it up for the next game with a cliffhanger, the MC gets fucked over in the end, or its only a partial conclusion.

1 Like