[WIP] Wolves of War (Rewritten 9k words) (06/22/23)

Lovee it! :))

up :100: :100: :100: :100:

1 Like

The alpha version will be released on August 14th.

3 Likes

The new version just dropped. If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask.

7 Likes

@Phantmwolf lol saw where ya fixed some things but I also know from a previous post you said it was to be the next update not this one that would have the fixes. So not to concerned about the previous bit I pointed out in my original post at this time.
Though moving deeper into the demo from what’s new to me did notice typos here and there the one that stand out the most likely cause it’s towards the end where you have choices with how to react to news the center one has crying misspelled.
Beyond that though there were parts through out the new stuff that felt of or disconnected? Sorry my brain is having hard time focusing at the moment.
Despite that I can see the potential with the story you have and where and what I think your going for so keep up the work and look forward to seeing what’s to come and what fixes you do.

1 Like

The current Alpha version will be available for free on September 4th.

Progress has been slow these past few days, I’ve been working on two projects at the same time. Finding time to work on them has been difficult, but I won’t give up.

Working a full-time job, finding free time for myself, and time to work on these projects is taking it’s toll on me. Progress will be slow, but I won’t give up until the game is finished.

If you like this game and want to support me on Patreon for as little as $2 a month, I would greatly appreciate it. If I gain enough support, I might be able to do this full-time however unlikely it will be.

I am currently working on a new personality system in the game, so far, I haven’t seen anyone else come up with this specific idea. At least not the way I plan to make it. There might be one, but the details of it are too vague for me to discern if it is the same as my idea.

I plan to finish writing all of the chapters before my editors and I polish the wording and pace, sentence by sentence, word by word. I want to make this game as perfect as we can get it, even if we don’t get much support.

13 Likes

Thats great :smiley:

Remember to also consider your needs, too. Forcing yourself to sit at a desk every time can form a habit, but it’s only a good one when you aren’t draining yourself out of your drive to do so, and other things beyond these writing projects. There’s lots of ways to keep your brain working without risk of burnout turning around and having an effect on the rest of your life too.

The desk (or whatever your personal choice of setup is :upside_down_face:) can just be the productive workspace where you write things down. Your creativity, however, can happen anywhere, and that’s what makes a long creative project fun. You don’t have to limit your creative locations just because it might be a tad faster to get things written down. You can take notes, and write snippets of conversation anywhere you are! Provided it doesn’t cut too hard into your work, and private life; always try to be present for those. If you enjoy traveling on your off time for instance, you can fully enjoy it the way you would normally, and also have a great opportunity to take down some thoughts that might’ve occurred to you right there in the moment. If you’re visiting a natural site, and the setting for the scene is out in the wilderness, you’ve got the place to let your characters discuss the intricacies fudge vs brownies if they so wish.

Be determined, but also realistic with your needs as a person; it doesn’t have to be done and dusted in a matter of hours vs a year or few. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m cutting it a little short for the deadline I set, but here it is. The newest version has been released for everyone.

My next goal is to finish chapter 2 and then start working on the new personality system. Player stats will also be worked on since I have been putting them off for the longest time now.

4 Likes

error with the save slot

1 Like

Fixed.

I like werewolf story but
immortal ? ( vampire)
can use fire magic ? (wizard)
I think you should focus more on werewolf thing ex: the moon or
pack dynamic…
that’s just me

Werewolves are generally depicted as being able to transform only under a full moon. I depicted this trope somewhat in the story, but this myth is due to ancient civilizations thinking that wolves howl at the moon, which is false.

All of the creatures in this story, including werewolves, have a different origin story than one would generally expect from current mythology. All will be revealed as the story progresses, although, I have touched upon this already depending on which path you take early on.

1 Like

Will there be character discription and customisation?? Can’t wait for the whole story loving it so far

1 Like

I can definitely add character descriptions, but I don’t know if I should add character customization yet. Right now I’m just trying to focus on the story before adding new features.

Maybe after chapter two or three I’ll start experimenting. That way, the characters will be more fleshed out by then.

5 Likes

Oh take your time I got so into the story nd was having a hard time trying to decide if my vampire wife was 5’1 or 5’8 and ended up asking a question I knew the answer to :joy::joy:

It’s very interesting story i enjoyed alot, now waiting for whole story hope will be published soon

Progress is slow but steady. There’s no telling when it will be done.

5 Likes

The new version is available for everyone. So far, I’ve been able to keep up with the three-week upload schedule, let’s hope I can continue to keep up the pace.

11 Likes

I almost forgot to release the new update for the game, and If you didn’t realize it already, updates will now be every four weeks instead of three.

I’m excited to announce that I’ve been working hard on the next version and have started to work on several new features at the same time. Be aware that these features are just for testing purposes and may not make it into the final product. You can expect a larger word update than normal despite the fact that I just recently started up an old project again (Unrelated to COG). My workload has increased, but I’m getting more done for each project than usual.

Feel free to give your feedback and any ideas for the game you have as well. One last thing I have to point out is that I have been neglecting the player stats for now until I get further into the story.

If you experienced a bug at the beginning of the game shortly after the new release came out, just know that it has been fixed.

12 Likes