[WIP] Wolves of War (Rewritten 9k words) (06/22/23)

You were once a regular human living in a small village, but after its destruction, you are turned into a werewolf. After being taken in and cared for, the same threat emerges to take everything from you once again. However, there is something darker and more sinister lurking within the shadows. Will you defeat this dark force, or will you end up joining it?

Rewrite
The story has been rewritten for many reasons. The most obvious reason is to improve the game. Improvements to the quality of writing. A character personality system (still figuring out exactly how I want to implement it.) Your character no longer has amnesia, rather they start in the village. New characters, old characters/character with new names.

Content Warning

This version is far more graphic than the last. Explicit depictions of violence and gore. Self-harm, sexual themes, and strong language.

ROs Spoilers

Fenrir: An intimidating male werewolf that yearns for battle. He never shies away from a fight. Highly intelligent, and likes to make jokes despite the horrendous situations he finds people in.

Scarlett: The character that replaces Elenor in this new version. A girl from the same village who happens to have a crush on you. Unfortunate circumstances have turned her into a flesh-eating wendigo. But that wonā€™t stop her from accomplishing her dreams.

Will update as the story progresses.

Updates

Update; 06/22/23
Added 9k words and finished the prologue. The current progress as of this writing for the next update is at 3.5k words.

The original version of the game

This version will not be publicly posted on here anymore. However, it will remain on dashingdon. If you want a link, send me a message.

Current word count for the free version is 9k words.
Dashingdon Demo
Moody.ink Demo

Join our discord server Discord

Patreon.

Patreon Benefits

Two week early access. New patreon benefits include the ability to request a story to write. This starts at tier one and for only $3 a month. This tier can only request stories. At the end of the month, and we will vote for the one I write If I receive more than 1 request.

I currently donā€™t have any patrons, so the first story I write could be yours.

These stories can be NSFW, but thatā€™s not something we can discuss in this thread.

Or you can support me on Ko-fi. For similar benefits.

269 Likes

This sounds interesting

1 Like

sounds very interestingā€¦ ill wait till a few chapters are out.

1 Like

The premises sound interesting, but since amnesia is something that makes me extremely unconfortable, and depending how itā€™s handled I may or may not be able to handle it myself, may I ask how easy or hard (and how fast) will it be possible for the MC to remember their past? I hope thatā€™s not too spoilery, but I need to know before I start.

4 Likes

Very interesting story! Itā€™s going to be fun to see how the stats (strength, agility, intelligence etc.) will work in game too.

I only found a few little typos:

I think this would be or.

This may be a coding error.

Just curious, will there be the option of having a non-binary MC for readers who would want that? I was wondering as thereā€™s a ā€˜maleā€™, ā€˜femaleā€™ and ā€˜unsureā€™ choice when choosing gender.

Congratulations and well done on posting your first demo! Good luck with the rest of your writing journey. :blush:

4 Likes

Lol. The lack of Werewolf games? Obviously you havenā€™t been paying attention to this forum.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

The Unsure option uses none binary pronouns. Of course, I expect some grammar issues that come with having them.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, personally i was wondering when you show up with your protect, I saw your draw a while ago, Iā€™ll be lookin how this develops, is always interesting the story around an amnesiac protagonist.

Also I found a small typo I believe.
Wolves Of War

Not sure if this one is an error, butā€¦
Wolves Of War (1)

1 Like

I meanā€™t the games that have already been published. You are right, I havenā€™t been keeping up with the forums.

Lol. There are quite a few Werewolf games that are WIP one of which is a favorite of mine called Blood Moon. Check it out if you havenā€™t already.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I fixed the second one you pointed out in the alpha version. Iā€™m not sure about the first one, but I will take a look at it.

As a suggestion, you could change ā€˜unsureā€™ to ā€˜non-binaryā€™ as non-binary can also mean a person who is between male and female, or someone who does not exclusively identify as either - that doesnā€™t necessarily mean unsure.

6 Likes

Also as another suggestion you should have a ā€œcharmā€ ability

Werewolf game ? Iā€™m already excited for it !

Thatā€™s weird, to me still appear that odd sentence, I mean if this happens on the 1600ā€™s, why the MC is mention ā€˜channelsā€™, like TV channels, but you know, no pressure.

Out of topic, kinda shame, thereā€™s several wip of weres that never go forward, either cancelled or the author never appear again in here, even some wips than never showed up in the forum, but still exist their wips on dashingdon.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s never enough werewolf games, Iā€™ll keep my eye on this one

3 Likes

I also want more werewolf games, but having the nonbinary option as ā€œunsureā€ is a little insulting. Iā€™m not sure if this was intentional or not, Iā€™m guessing not, but I still wouldnā€™t play it until it was changed ^-^ā€™

6 Likes

Yes thatā€™s something I forgot to edit after changing it from modern day to the 1600ā€™s.

I will change it when I get the chance. I did not mean any disrespect to people who identify as non-binary.

2 Likes

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: