(WIP) Wilhelmina

That’s not how they felt towards the Jewish people, or towards the Roma, or any number of people who were from various other groups. Back then there were a lot of attitudes concerning “anxiety over the collapse of British Imperialism and racial mixing”. Since we only see the biased points of view of those supposedly of the good we’re never given a chance to see his.

Of the only foreigner whose account is ever given a kind account is Helsing’s is my point. In Victorian Society, those who were not from Western Europe again were pretty much always looked down upon treated with suspicion, and scorn because, to say nothing of the a lot of other issues back then that were there. Again we only have a certain point of view to look at. We never have the Count’s which I always felt was a disservice.

Also, how do we know that the multiple blood transfusions from different sources isn’t what killed Lucy? Medicine back in that was very slipshod, I mean four men each of whom the good doctor had no understanding of bloodtypes at all? Any of them could’ve carried any types of diseases that could’ve been transferred and Van Helsing could’ve never have been the wiser. Were the tools even used sanitized? That’s never made clear in the book either.

2 Likes

Oooh…this is very promising indeed! :heart: a few years ago I was in VLAD DRACULA (the musical). I played “Lead Vampiress” (aka there were 3 feminine vampires that followed Vlad around and got to be super sexy and sing all of the good songs and sort or narrate the story) BUT I had to play Mina for a weekend (a role I wouldn’t normally expect to enjoy…especially since I had gotten the role I had wanted) ANYWAY it gave me a.lot of perspective on that character, that I hadn’t had previously. Soooo after having stepped into those shoes…I really.do enjoy your interpretation of her story/personality so far. I like how you’ve inserted the reader…I am very much looking forward to seeing which choices we get to make for her and where it will take us. Such an interesting story to take on…good for you! And great job so far, it really is very immersive already. :slight_smile: cheerS!

1 Like

@Jender @hiro_starchild
Thank you two for the kind words ^^

also, wow o.o

1 Like

The best I can manage is having seen Nicholas Briggs (who voices the Daleks and Cybermen on Doctor Who amidst many other mad things) play Dracula on the stage… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What an interesting concept! :slight_smile:

I tend to stray away from gender locked games, but the Dracula theme intrigued me. So far the only character interactions we really get are from the flashback and Lucy, but what is currently showcased is great. I hope to see this develop further, perhaps taking on more of the gothic horror themes seen in the originator of this book :slight_smile: