(WIP) Wilhelmina (In Revision)

It would make sense, would it not? She’s a superior predator, who likely views herself as being even above men, at a time where men ruled. She acts with the same superiority as them, because she’s truly more superior than them. Dracula acts the same as a man or a woman, because the same sense of superiority is part of the character regardless of what sex you decide for them to be.

13 Likes

I mean, she doesn’t have to act like a lady…
But it was like the character was written as a male and simply changed pronouns and descriptions for the female character,which might be the case here…

1 Like

Nah you’re getting it all wrong mate. The character was written to be Dracula, not written to be a man. And believe it or not, that personality is exactly the same regardless of whether they’re a man or a woman. Like it shouldn’t be that hard to understand that the character would act exactly the same regardless of sex. Besides, plenty of women act manly. Can’t believe it’s such a big issue. This is quite frankly a non-issue, because the character wasn’t written to be one specific gender, but was written to be Dracula personified based on how Dracula acts in the original book.

10 Likes

Eh, it’s not that much of a problem, I don’t really have any issue either… I just mentioned it just cause the topic arrived earlier…

Probably because it was. Fidere asked about it and ended up adding the option.

2 Likes

Ooh

@MaryQueen for point 1: yeah, I totally get what you mean, but it is actually on purpose. :yum: It’s not supposed to be an “easy” path.

also @Empress_Nightmare for point 2: Ah, yeah. I’m not really historically correct with writing Mina, bc it would take quite a lot of fun away if I did. Dracula was male only in the first demo, but then I wanted to add another female romance, so I asked the community whether or not they wanted me to add the female version of Dracula. So, yup! The first scenes were written with a male in mind.
But as @Cyphr pointed out already (better than I could tbh :sweat_smile:), Dracula is a superior predator, that doesn’t change in any way just because you chose to make them a female. There are certain personality traits that are set in order to create this specific character. And in regards to coding the gender switch, changing the pronouns is the easy way of doing it. If I am not mistaken, that is how you write a gender switchable character, right? :flushed: Otherwise it wouldn’t be a gender switch but a character switch…?

Thank you for the comments, everyone. :relaxed:
(I hope it’s okay to tag all of you. Just wanted to explain myself :see_no_evil:)

5 Likes

Don’t worry yourself @fidere ,I have Faith in you :smirk_cat::joy_cat::smile_cat: that you’ll do justice to this story…
G’Luck with it…

3 Likes

Transylvania isn’t as picturesque as England? Uhm, excuse me!!? :sweat_smile:

Transylvania can compete with New Zealand in terms of that fantasyesque natural beauty, trust me when I say it’s one of the most mindbogglingly beautiful places in the entire world!

Other than that little nitpick, I love this demo!! :blush:

2 Likes

I could never really get into Dracula, but this Dracula? This Dracula I wouldn’t mind getting into… (…What?)

Heeeeey, Ana~ :heart:

3 Likes

I’m a bit late, and I know this is based off the actual book, but… I can’t wait to romance Lucy as she was being portrayed by Katie McGrath. This feels like fanservice, and i love it.

3 Likes

Alright, I fixed what I wanted to fix. I hope everything works and you like the changes. :hibiscus::vampire:‍♂

Here the changelog:

• fixed a few grammatical errors and some typos, but I probably missed some
  • deleted the ‘investigation’ hobby, this is now a passive trait of Mina
  • added chapter titles
  • added a few choices to the first nightly garden scene
  • added the choice to spend the night with the suitors at the end of chapter 4
  • added more answers in dialogues
  • added to the interview scenes of the three suitors
  • fixed the labyrinth bug
  • fixed the endings of the labyrinth and the attic scene, or rather added to it
  • created to different relationship stats, one for friendship, one for romance
  • changed the conversation with the suitors in chapter 4

The demo is now at a word count of ~55k words (with most of the code)

I’d love to hear what you think about the changes or if there is anything else that needs fixing.

26 Likes

I forgot to mention, that I am thinking about adding a few more chapters to the demo, once I finish writing them. So you’d be able to test out the two major paths of Act 2 (and meet van Helsing). Mina will be one of the longer games, I think. So having a demo of only 5 chapters feels a little sparse to me. Maybe you feel so too? :woman_shrugging:

43 Likes

Is it supposed to end after the attic scene? Because for me it just loads endlessly when I press next chapter there…

2 Likes

No, it should end after chapter 5. I think that was a traffic problem? Sometimes too many people are on the website and it slows down immensely :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hm, it’s still just buffering, and the choices I make don’t seem to matter. Every time I get to the attic scene and press next chapter it just endlessly loads… :pensive:

I’m not sure it would help really but here’s a screenshot of what it looks like

Stays like this for as long as I leave it, longest I tried was 15 minutes lol

1 Like

oh! :see_no_evil: that attic scene. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant another, earlier scene. Yes, that’s the endpoint. Though, I still don’t know why it won’t load the ending card… usually, there is a bug notice when it’s the code that’s messing the game up. but endless loading? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s because your scene_list includes 06_chaptersix, but this scene isn’t included in the actual directory, so it just searches endlessly for a file that doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: ugh dsfdsf I thought I deleted it out of the list :weary: My bad! I’m gonna fix that asap, thank you for telling me :sweat_smile:

Edit: Fixed it! As well as a few tyops :+1:

2 Likes

Hii! I’m absolutely in love with this wip and so excited to see the complete demo! :heart_eyes:
Just a liiiitle question, and a bit of suggestion. I noticed that we have 3 main ability stat. As i’m an charisma and occult-focused Mina throughout the demo, my strength stat is 0, which is a bit jarring for an ability stat. I have this suggestion in my head that said 0 in stats means bellow normal human ability (or maybe it’s just me having a grudge with number 0). Would it be possible to add a “minimum” value for ability-based stat at the beginning? It might be something like the “average” stat for normal people. By setting this, it might also gives more flexibility in the term of choices (like, if there are choices that would give a minus point in a stat, or a penalty that would reduce your stat to 0).
This is just a suggestion, though :laughing:

Cheers! :heart:

2 Likes