(WIP) Wilhelmina (In Revision)

Gosh, I love your writing!

2 Likes

Thank you :star_struck: @Teetness @Cari-san @Lizzy @Misa101

Oh wow! That sounds really wild, but I’m intrigued :smiley:

I am right now trying to make it possible, as I see no reason why he should not be an RO :grin:

5 Likes

Thanks! I think with some work he could make for a quirky option, assuming Mina isn’t a Vampire (I couldn’t see him being comfortable with her if she was given his occupation, though I guess it depends if you will give the player the option to be a heroic Vampire fighting Dracula).

2 Likes

Found some typos for you:

As you look around you have have a weird deja vu.

remove one “have”

“Of course, mother thinks he’s the most suitable,” she whispers, rolling ehr eyes.

her

Jonathan tries to look offended but fails miserable, snorting slightly at your pensive expression.

miserably

As soon as you have finished your tale, Lucy straightens and puts her teacup on the coffe table and you decide to ask her something in return.

coffee

1 Like

So my question is how do you deal with a closeted nature and social expectations of Victorian society?

1 Like

@Rosencrantz Thank you so, so much. They should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

@Rogar I am trying to keep it as realistic as possible, but some things just don’t work very well with my story/I haven’t found a way to implement them with my still story working out (e.g. in regards to gender roles). So, in my ‘universe’, if I may call it that, things will be a bit more lax.

4 Likes

Dracula is about dealing with closeted feeling.

1 Like

I think the fact you allow Mina to be any race the player wants to be means you’re allowing for some relaxation of some typical gender roles and perspectives of the time.:grin:

5 Likes

I love this idea! Honestly this is a character I would want to play even if I didn’t get to customize her at all. The fact that we do get to make our own version of the character is even better.

It’s a small sample, but I like the way you write. I’m looking forward to more of this.

4 Likes

I just played through the demo and I loved this, my questions are and I mentioned this earlier, but is it possible to have Mina side with the Count having her become a vampire, as well as Lucy? As opposed to saving her as an option? That could be a good idea.

I’ve started reading it instead of the movie which eww (no offense to those who liked it lol), and I’ve seen the older movies with Lee, Lugosi and so on), and my other question is, foreigners were looked at very well by the English is that going to be addressed? Way I read Mina and Lucy I don’t think they will look down on the Count the way Harker for example or others did.

4 Likes

I screeched when I saw the name Dracula Haha. This looks interesting, definitely my scene since I’m a hopeless romantic and the fact that there is a substantial romance has me soo excited. I was kinda spooked by that weird dog so if that was your goal well done then

2 Likes

@Camille622 @Nika_Alexandrov @Victoria_Princess_An
Thank you so much! :blush:

Yes, that will be an option.

It won’t be actively referred to. People will react differently to Dracula, bc of different aspects. How Mina will react to him depends on your choices.

Success! Spooky doggo is spooky. :smiley:

2 Likes

That will be a wonderful option, glad to see you’ve returned because I am interested in seeing more of this game. As someone who had noticed and been writing such awhile ago from not only her perspective but also Lucy’s and others it really is nice to see a story set around her. :slight_smile: It really was terrible in the book how we never got to see from the Count’s perspective at all and how Harker and others treated him not to mention the Romany, and the rest of his servants I always thought.

1 Like

To be fair in the book he is trying to take over Britain and create an entire legions of Vampires so… :laughing:

2 Likes

Supposedly, but that was always told from the point of view of Harker and the rest. We never got his point of view and keep in mind, Harker and the others weren’t very fair to the gypsies, or others who were not from England, back then the English had a real problem with those who were from Eastern Europe :laughing:

1 Like

This seems well written just from the small portion you’ve posted. I can’t wait to keep updated with it and see how the story progresses :grin: I’m also a sucker for romance :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Actions speak louder than words… :wink:

1 Like

Ohh I remember the words of Harker very well, along with his thoughts towards the innkeeper, the gypsies and others certainly didn’t seem very cheritable towards anyone who wasn’t from England or anywhere from Western Europe.

Even if Harker comes across a tad superior Dracula still wants to control everything though, it’s who he is. Just as Fu Manchu being a unpleasant and cruel villain in Limehouse doesn’t mean every person of Asian descent in those stories is automatically bad, Dracula and his evil doesn’t wipe the whole of Eastern Europe under the same brush. If anything they have more of a reason to be fearful of the Count than any of the British characters do.

Ultimately though you have to remember the time these stories were written when the British Empire was the apparent guard against chaos and civil ruin. They did tend to feel fond of boogeymen like Dracula, Moriarty and Fu Manchu as a result, just as they had been with Napoleon a century before.

1 Like