[WIP] Virtue's End, a dark fantasy horror game (INACTIVE/OUT OF DATE)

I love the demo so much, the story seem so cool and cant wait to read more :heart:.
Your Tumblr ask is disabled for anonymous in case you don’t know. I would love to ask more about the ros but sadly don’t have account on Tumblr.

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ve enabled anonymous asks now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

the lore is super interesting to me and i can’t wait to read more.

Gosh I absolutely loved this WIP. The writing is so good, the lore is extremely interesting, and I’m already in love with the characters. I can’t wait to read more! Keep up the good work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Welp I’m hooked on this game.

1 Like

Very intriguing premise.Loved the characters too.Looking forward to future updates.

1 Like

Oh wow, that was so good. I really can’t wait to meet the ROs and interact with them. Especially the bastard one.

2 Likes

I like it so far

Just wanted to post here to let you guys know that I’ve updated the game! For a full list of changes you can check out the pinned post at my tumblr.

Some parts of the game were overhauled so previous saves are borked, unfortunately. :confused:

13 Likes

hey, was about to check the Update and I remembered something I wanted to mention and I forgot…

ahem anyway, I was wondering why at the beginning you can choose ‘‘Set romance gender to male, females…etc etc’’ . But then you have another choice for Shea to male or female? If I set all romances to females, shouldn’t that choice…not be there?

Edit: Also, you can edit your post and update the title like 'Virtue’s End (WIP: Updated 14-11-2020), a dark fantasy story) :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: Also…you say ‘Pure Hel’…that normal? Shouldn’t it be Hell?

Edit 3: Don’t worry about save being brokered lol a WIP is made to be tested, poked, and everyone know when you update the saves get reset and we are better starting over :wink:

1 Like

If I set all romances to females, shouldn’t that choice…not be there?

I think I answered this question here before, but I made Shea’s (and Elexis’) gender selectable because I liked the option of being able to customise your ‘mentor/Keeper’ character. At the moment, these characters aren’t ‘full’ ROs so I didn’t want to include them in the list at the start. They might be later on, however, during which point I’ll add them. :blush:

Also…you say ‘Pure Hel’…that normal? Shouldn’t it be Hell ?

The name of the shadow plane is indeed ‘Hel’, not ‘Hell’. :grin: My native tongue is Dutch and you can find all sorts of weirdly spelled variants of names in the game that might sound a bit odd to English speakers, haha. The dialect the common folk speak is also slightly based on it.

3 Likes

Ohh please, make them full romanceeeeee! I already have my eyes on Shea :kissing_heart: don’t break mah heart! lol

I’m not a native english speaker lol so it made me doubt my english a bit lol Good to know though . Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

You should add the update date to the title. It would help more people see that the game was updated.

4 Likes

Found a bug ~

Pronouns inconsistency

Once again, I enjoyed your demo! ;D I love the update!

2 Likes

Ohh please, make them full romanceeeeee! I already have my eyes on Shea :kissing_heart: don’t break mah heart! lol

Haha, there are plans in the making, don’t worry. Their ‘romance path’ is just a slightly bit different compared to the other ROs (Elexis’ as well).

Found a bug ~

Thank you for reporting it! Those can be slippery… I’m happy you like the update!

3 Likes

So far i’m really enjoying the game, love the different things that can possess your body and honestly can’t wait to see more of what this has to offer

2 Likes

I love the wip so far, getting to play a non-human MC is always a treat. I am curious about the helspawn we are bound to, are they conscious? The first Keeper says something about them “heeding the call” right? Is it something they willingly did, or are they trapped?

I can’t wait to find out more!

I also have a few grammar/spelling suggestions.

Summary

“Illegible” is used for text, it should be “Unintelligible” instead.

I believe “too may eyes” is ment to be “too many eyes”.

“Set Shea x” sounds kinda clunky, “Set Shea as x” or “Set Shea’s gender as x” sounds better.

It’s not a big deal, but if nb MCs can choose pronouns other than they/them (which is wonderful, by the way!) then it would be better to put genders in brackets in the first set of options rather than pronouns. “[Non-Binary]” instead of “[They/them]” for example.

2 Likes

I am curious about the helspawn we are bound to, are they conscious? The first Keeper says something about them “heeding the call” right? Is it something they willingly did, or are they trapped?

The answer to this question is slightly spoiler-ish, so read at your own risk. :slight_smile:
The entities are summoned and bound to the MC against their will. The MCs mind has effectively melded together with the entity, but there are still certain aspects of it that are separate and wholly other. Once the MC starts to grow more monstrous, that side of them will start to come out and çan ‘take over’. It’ll also communicate with the MC within their mind.

I also have a few grammar/spelling suggestions.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I’ve already went and fixed them in my version of the game and they’ll be updated once I upload the next version.

It’s not a big deal, but if nb MCs can choose pronouns other than they/them (which is wonderful, by the way!) then it would be better to put genders in brackets in the first set of options rather than pronouns.

Absolutely! I forgot to update that part of the text after I added the option to change your pronouns. It’ll be fixed in the next update!

4 Likes

An intriguing start. I would love to see how the development in the game will be!

That aside, I’d like to suggest that our pc has the option to not have/use a last name. For someone who had, let’s say, been “remade” by a suspicious order, lost all of their memories, and was treated as a weapon, it was a bit weird to see a last name. I thought The Order would purge any traces of the PC’s past as an additional punishment, including taking PC’s name and last name. I wouldn’t even be surprised if The Order rename our PC’s, and our name was like a codename or something.

Perhaps the PC’s might choose to have a last name as a form of rebellion, or for a slight personal touch, or as a promise to remember their past life. But nevertheless, I’d like to simply point out that not having a last name in this game has a pretty legit reason, and would add a more immersive playing experience :laughing:

1 Like

I definitely see where you’re coming from; I like to believe that Shea ordered the MC to take a name for themselves after their treatment at the hands of their first Keeper, who only used derogatory names for them previously.

The name the player chooses is actually not the original name of the PC, which is something that will be touched upon in later chapters when you learn more about their past.

7 Likes