I have recently started working on my low-magic medieval fantasy title, The Song of Exile.
Once, you had a bright future in front of you: one of the most brilliant students of the healing arts, not to mention a child of the man who changed the course of a civil war, you seemed to be destined to be a physician to princes and a power behind thrones. Instead, a great scandal with darkness at its heart lands you in a semi-genteel exile in service to a minor household in the far north.
However, what seems to be a place of silent, grave-like peace soon turns out to be anything but. The countryside is still bearing the scars of the war; the hearts are brimming with old grudges, and the woods are teeming with outlaws. Politicking doesn’t cease just because of the physical distance from the court, either.
And, of course, there is the matter of the landowner you now serve – a noble-born warrior who seems to have come into their inheritance mercilessly early. They seem a quiet and capable leader, impervious to pain, but they have scars and secrets of their own…
- Play as male or female, gay or straight;
- Uncover the secrets of the ancient castle;
- Take part in a deadly duel;
- Become a physician of rare boldness, a chronicler of forgotten histories, or concentrate on returning the old estate its bygone splendour;
- Witness the brilliance of a three-day tournament;
- Explore the world of a medieval community, from monasteries to gambling dens;
- Delve into your own dark past.
16/06/2021 - public beta opened
13/06/2021 - chapter 8 added
22/05/2021 - (short) chapter 7 added
05/05/2021 - chapter 6 added
23/04/2021 - chapter 5 added
- Chapter 4 is uploaded
- An input name and surname option added
27/03/2021 - 2 chapters + a bit of the 3d included in the demo
Public beta: https://dashingdon.com/go/8026
Now that the beta is open, I am looking for both high-level (structure, plot, characters arcs, worldbuilding) and low-level (particular scenes, dialogue, typos etc.) feedback - not to mention possible technical issues.