DEADPOOL WRITING GAME.
FIFTH WALL HAS BEEN BROKEN.
AND THE LEGION MARCHES.

THEIR WILL BE THE DECIDING FACTOR.
OF THE STORY TO BE FOR IT WILL CHANGE.
MUCH AND NOTHING. IT ALL DEPENDS.

ON THE PLACE. ON THE LOCATION.AND TIME
ON THE PERSONALITY. AND RESPONSIBILITY AND BELIEF
IT WILL BE THE FIRST STEP IN THE CHRONICLE. YET TO BE WRITEN.

THE CIRCLE WILL BE SQUARED AND JUDGED. THE HELL WILL AWAKEN.
AND THE HEAVEN WILL ANSWER. THE DESTINY WILL CHANGE.
WHO KNOWS. PERHAPS WE ARE BUT MAYFLIES.

PERHAPS WE ARE SOMETHING MORE.
THIS MAY BE THE PROPHECY OF THE DEATH AND WHITE WINTER.
OR THE PROPHECY OF LIFE AND GOLDEN DAWN.

NOBODY KNOWS. WHAT HAPPENS
ALL WE KNOW. IS OUR HERO.
WILL HAVE HIS OWN PART TO PLAY.

tried for pseudo mysticism rambling in regards to the peeking.

Pretty damn good but for even better pseudo ramblings abuse some substances first. :yum:

Yes. Napoleon basically started Neoclassocism. See Jacques Louis David and his artwork. I was just saying Goshman could also be exploring the dichotomy of loyalty to the Empire versus Revolution Ć” la Brutus. Itā€™s ok if he takes inspiration from Rome. I understand this is a mid-late 19th century biopic, I was just reading about ancient Rome and Gibbon mentioned Roman battle standards so I was curious.

1 Like

I was interested because Napoleon created multiple institutions to study ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome, and Europeā€™s interest in those civilizations was rekindled in the mid to late 18th century, although Golden Eagle is set a century later. I was just interested in how loyal a soldier was to their specific standard as at least my MC is, and then the potential to break away and how hard that decision would be. Goshman truly puts us I the shoes of a soldier from that era and obviously keeps us ruminating about the impact of that decision. I was just commenting on the similarity of history, as it undoubtedly repeats itself. Canā€™t wait for the final version and give money to Goshman for his efforts.

1 Like

I keep playing this WiP and thinking ā€œThis is it. This is the time where I finish everything in one go, and then Iā€™ll write my thoughts on it on the forumā€. But I never seem to manage, so Iā€™ll write what I thought so far (Iā€™m in the part after your sargeant dies)

Well, what we have here is a historical-fantasy WiPā€¦ set in a Napoleonic-esque periodā€¦ by the author of Lords of Aswick.

Sign me up, basically.

Well, I enjoyed it. The characters are interesting, in part because I think the beginning manages to introduce them with quick explanantion from the narrator. The fact that the characters each seem to have distinguish personalities from each other also helps, itā€™s not hard finding a voice for each and every one.

The setting seems good. Even though I still have to read all the entries in the Codex thing near the stats. Oh, and the art of the MCā€™s outfit evolving, that was clever. I, for one, have a hard time remembering all the clothing details, let alone military outfits in the early nineteenth century.

Something that made it hard for me to ge through the beginning was the prose, though. Sometimes it felt as if the details for places were too much, or they were just focused in one big block of paragraph. Iā€™d say balancing it out helps. Placing descriptions here and there, instead of in one go.

Well, thatā€™sā€¦ around it. It was good. And Iā€™ll certainly play it again to finish it.

2 Likes

I playing the being enough his big prose have grown on me. But did have take moment look up what some words I knew what he was talking about.

don`t know if you know about this error

if you go colony path and when looking around for a place too sleep if you back out you can not pick it again.
wanted too have a look around seeing how much things cost. at the last moment was not able too choose anything?

1 Like

I really enjoy the story so far. There were a few minor things I found last night, but I forgot to note them. They were minor things so no worry.

While this is a fun game, I feel to some extent that the choices make little impact on the game itself, which is not necessarily a bad thing; keep going!

1 Like

Not every choice need to be at earth-shattering important so I agree with you they should be studdle things about the relationship or their perspective about the world

2 Likes

So i played the infinity series just recently and have to say it only made me more eager for the golden eagle. I cannot wait for the opportunity to read this story in full.

4 Likes

New question for this, but when it comes to your military service once you choose to go to University, is the MC going to have the ability to join another regiment or is the MC very much locked in the Light Infantry? Should war wage on once again I mean.

Itā€™s going to be a chaotic situation at that point. Light infantry will definitely be the preferable option, but there will be a lot going on so it wonā€™t be quite as heavily regimented as it has been so far. Plus you might have some new toys to work with, which would make it implausible to roll those out with Light Infantry.

At the same time, youā€™re also climbing the ranks. It wonā€™t necessarily be a Section or even a Compagnie under the MCā€™s command when time comes.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pumped to see what happens! Also, Iā€™m assuming there are more medals for the MC to win which might bump them up into nobility should players not choose the noble option?

Oooh do we get our own regiment? That could be fun. Training and equipment, subordinate management are all interesting aspects to deal with.

2 Likes

This has been my favorite game to play and to read to date- great amount of detail and craftsmanship. Please keep up the great work - iā€™m eager to read more of this!

2 Likes

@KyleRipper There are always more medals to be earned, and the nobility is out there as a possibility for those who lean towards maintaining the monarchy.

@chrisbat Not a regiment, since this isnā€™t a regimental army. You will be getting a more varied group though. Either a more informal militia force or a flying column. I havenā€™t quite made up my mind yet about that and everything is still liable to change.

As can be seen from the last couple of months where I took pretty much everything I had written for the next chapter and tossed it out because it led down into a very different kind of story that doesnā€™t serve the main storyline in the slightest. While Iā€™m all for it, Iā€™m supposed to be finishing this thing soon so I can work on Lords of Aswick again.

7 Likes

I like this idea, especially in the context of the world you built, where a rapid deployment might mean all the difference between a full drawn out war and merely an incident.

1 Like

What I want is politics!!! Not war fare. Could a mc being focused in politics and climbing the ranks instead armyā€¦ Using the army to be popular and climb. I mean after being lost in A wild colony were like I am a girl canā€™t gain anything from the experience because only male could obtain weapons. And I am there just to read info about tribes my character doesnā€™t care about. However all is well written. And I hope someday my presence in that colony ends because my utility there is null. I am just wasting time there.

The university is a big no for me because I have to become a Madame in a whore house. My character is a noble no way she accepted to become a whore for other nobles. My character also is not revolutionary so it has no sense

1 Like

Well, you canā€™t keep your rank in the army unless youā€™re an observer. And iā€™m pretty sure your studies could help in politics, being teached how everything works and all.