[WiP] The Golden Eagle

You’ll want to refresh the page. It’s because I added a variable.

Is this the new feature of the stats page? Very nice. :+1:

5 Likes

Of course you would have the good luck of seeing them. I still can’t. I think I need to clear my browser or something.

But yes, that would be it. How is it looking? Is it too big, too invasive compared to the stats, awkwardly aligned? Or is it looking good?

3 Likes

It’s somewhat big. That screenshot takes the whole page and the legs are missing (from the shot). I would suggest making it a bit smaller. The alignment is OK. And now my uniform is green. :laughing:

Edit 1: And the uniform keeps upgrading with the medals and shit. This is amazing. :clap:

2 Likes

@Goshman
This check is reversed: if (marianne > 50) #“I have no intention of visiting you, Demoiselle, even for a celebration.”

Also this check seems a bit high given you can successfully dance with Maxime in the lembeaux scene for 40 charisma:
“I would be delighted.”
Maxime’s smile widens as your hands meet and you approach the open floor. The two of you face one another and assume the position to begin the dance from. You wait
for the beat of the music to come to a good point again, then move your feet to take the first steps.
*if (charisma >= 70)

If you want to leave it that high to sleep with Maxime maybe introduce an interim check where you aren’t falling all over yourself but “she’s not that into you.”

Yep, like this new feature very much, shame about the legs and the boots tho. It could be a little bit smaller plus the legs added, but that’s just me nitpicking. :grin:

2 Likes

Haha, glad you like it.

I’d really like to have it alongside the stats, but I don’t think CS allows that kind of overlap unfortunately. I’ll cut them down by something like 50%, see if that’s good.
I’m probably not going to go all the way down to describe the boots/shoes in the images… mostly because I suck at drawing feet. But I haven’t made up my mind yet on that.

At this point I think I’m just putting the heat on @Cataphrak since he already has all the military decorations presented so neatly in the Infinity series. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Balls. And I used to be so proud that I never got those two reversed in math class. Now look at me, I’ve gone through almost all of them now.

It’s on the high side, but it’s also a fair bit later so it’s taking into account the ability to improve the stat. But I’ll take another look at it and the stat increases prior to that point.

1 Like

Shots have definitely been fired. Now the world holds it’s breath as it waits for @Cataphrak’s response.

2 Likes

I like playing with balanced stats. The best I can do so far is 65 in each. In most of the other situation so far in the game my MC is able to perform capably if not achieving the best result. Here though there isn’t a sort of interim check like you have in most of the other situations with checks later in the game.

4 Likes

So jack of everything, eh? I prefer 40/70/85 myself, beating the other military observer at the wargame is just glorious. :laughing:
In any case the stat spread is 195 points total, unless there is going to be more in the coming chapters.

That’s actually really great reference. Thank you.

I know the upper limit for Body should be around 80, maybe 85. The others have more opportunity to build on, so their max should be around a full hundred. Although, I don’t intend to put in checks that require a full stat, unless I end up writing something truly epic for that kind of mastery over the MC’s self.
It’s good to know that 65 is around where a balanced MC will be.

3 Likes

I say keep it high! So I just finish the University chapter. We start see formation of or least genesis of this society so we are being officer to managed the cabaret interesting direction indeed! The same Comte that over use a the foreign post is making some power plays…big power plays. So the big split is after the war. How many branch are there? For example do we have to take offer to run the Cabaret or can we go down another path?

I played the new part of observer Mara is bored to dead. I found it well written but totally boring and dull. Maybe is because I found all too weird, nothing happens except some native slaughtering…Text is 200% goodie and doesn’t take account my pragmatic view. No choice to try to smuggling or black market slaves or just plain negotiate with family some lucrative business. Mara would suicide if nothing happens. :sleeping: And the only noble bangeable character is only interested in boys … I mean why she can’t go to a whore house…

I personalty thought it was one most interesting chapters felt werid and alien and so enjoyed so much more the normal battles chapter. It show good not just writing but story telling on his part the build the atmosphere and the mood. Honestly the next chapter it call Heart of Darkness for a reason…Oo the horror the Horror. So yeah get ready Mara!

This video reminds me of you darker nature.

2 Likes

I don’t like stories that hasn’t nothing to do with main story.This is mara’s story not about Saryvf tribe Who is against Lucifernus old colony When Piñata is raiding peasants :sleeping: MARA IS,THERE TO GAIN MONEY SMUGGLING OR TRADING WARES OR SLAVES NOT TO DO A ESSAY ABOUT NATIVE LANGUAGE… I couldn’t care less for people who don’t give any gain Have to read page after page of lore without could skip anything is a pain in the ass.TOO MUCH LORE INFO NOT ENOUGH CHARACTER CHOICES WHO MATTERS

Mara is there choice your post there is not to anything thoughts things we not smugglers ,slave traders or conqueror we are military observer. So we are representing the Empire interested in official of are office. So that out of range of shit we would even dream of getting away with my good lady. The game set up that MC reasoning to going out to the new world is to hold on there a active military commission another this would consider a form of exile. Mara it does have to do the main story have you not read Heart of Darkness or seen most likely your own taste Apocalypse Now? He fusion though two together with own twist. That going right down alley way you want trust me.

I Am Spanish what our military do in colonies were
Go whores
Drink
Smuggling with knives and metal stuff with natives in exchange of leather of animals and some other stuff natives had.
I read the heart of darkness and watched Apocalypse now.But the title don’t say READ ABOUT A STORY THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CHARACTER DURING TWO HOURS WITH NO INTERACTIVE STUFF.

If you want express the real situation SHOW DON’T TELL LIKE A ENCYCLOPEDIA . Put me in a expedition to contact tribes make me part of a spy stuff not Tell me Piñata is a state blah blah

• The townspeople must have known each and every one of the settlers who pushed out to found Veerenburg, and seeing the military simple sit around doing nothing about it must be agonizing. ----- The townspeople must have known each and every one of the settlers who pushed out to found Veerenburg, and seeing the military simply sit around doing nothing about it must be agonizing.

• Directly ahead of you, you can still see the ----- The sentence ends right there.

One thing I would agree that seems a little lacking is that the observers job is to collect intelligence for the Empire and represent its interests. With the possible exception of the Gatling gun the MC hasn’t done much corresponding with his superiors and has basically no idea what the Empire’s intentions for the region are.

5 Likes

We are not Spain at best we are Patrick-Henri Lassan! Mara we going partake in the drama!
@cascat07 I feel like chapters are more of set for the drama that about unfolded! I bet money when we are do least we will be made a Commandant/chef de bataillon