Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

Hey! Glad you liked the demo :smile: Yes, itā€™s just four chapters for now out of a total of 6 chapters (I think the last two chapters sum up to about 80 thousand words or something!) But yeah itā€™s been submitted to the Cog contest so you stay excited for the final publication!!! :smile:

Thank you for the kind words! How did you find the ending character profiling feature? Did you like it?

2 Likes

Looking forward to the final release. Is this going to be a stand alone game with everything wrapped up, or will there be others?

As for the end I liked how it called me a charismatic leader since that was my strongest stat. Though it being a death page made me think it was a bug or I was like were Ebeā€™s lips poisoned? Lol.

1 Like

Guess you would have to play the final game to find out hahahaha. Another consideration would be the response for the first game I guess! If people love it, Iā€™ll def write another piece in the same universe. But weā€™ll see (;

Ahh yes it actually tracks your decisions (itā€™s independent from your stats) So if you play it multiple times, you can get different results! And yes, I realized everyone would die hehhh sorry about that! Rest be assured the final game doesnā€™t have that ><

It would be so sad if Ebeā€™s lips were poisoned. Surely I wouldnā€™t be so cruel! hahaha

2 Likes

No oneā€™s speaking of the cutie who take care of you spoilerwhen youā€™re hallucinating ?spoiler
Or heā€™s just but a figment of your imagination ? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha well, thatā€™s all up to you to figure out :wink:

Noooo Iā€™m crap at this, please give a hint :sob::joy:

1 Like

I always thought that was the Masterā€™s daughter ? I forgot her name ā€¦ @nauhziy, she is a great healer right ?

the sequel will be MC elevated to Military General ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Vana @Eric_knight
Hahaha I donā€™t want to spoil it for you guys! But what do you think? >.<

@Eric_knight
Wellā€¦ I donā€™t want to spoil chapters 5 and 6! But thatā€™s definitely a possibility!! Still, given the relatively low social status of a gladiator, it would be almost impossible to become a general (I believe they are called Legatus) of a Roman Legion. Still, there are other positions available.

I might do a split path thing! What do you guys think of becoming a Lanista, or running your own gladiator school?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be posting up a super short blurb just to see if you guys like the writing style/detail so stay tuned for that! Havenā€™t been able to write too much, Iā€™ve got a short story coming up too if anyone is interested!! :smile:

Also been thinking of setting up a website for my writing/ my siblingā€™s work. So weā€™ll see how it goes!

2 Likes

Well the description doesnā€™t match any of the characterā€¦ MC must be hallucinating :joy:

2 Likes

Please spoil me :smile:

What is Lanista again ? if i am romancing my childhood friend, i want to start my own gladiator school with her as wifeā€¦ if i am romancing Aurelia ?? (the daughter of my master) then i want to become her personal body guard :slight_smile:

Really??? Could it be an Angel ? Angel exist during Roman era right ???

1 Like

Lanista are men who purchase and look after the gladiators, they also train them

3 Likes

Thatā€™s greatā€¦ It is like creating a sanctuary for the gladiators ā€¦I like that :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not keen on this game when you fight you all ways die or get badly hurt never win or anything

1 Like

Getting badly hurt is a win. Ensuring your survival is a win. Better than death.

11 Likes

It is about the story and adventure as a life of gladiator ā€¦

I think if we want a game about a larger than life protagonist who can ā€œkillā€ everyone , take all the treasures and win every battles, we donā€™t have to play HG/CoGā€¦ playing some first person shooter online games is more than enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Harley_Robin_Evans
Hey! Sorry to hear that youā€™re having a tough time with the game, I did intend it to be realistic so thereā€™s def some element of difficulty!

Just curious, what did you find challenging, where did you die, and what were your stats! Maybe I can help you out hahaha. Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

@Vana @Eric_knight
Perhaps! Or maybeā€¦ :wink:

Yes, a lanista is a trainer, much like what Nerinas is. So you will oversee the day to day training of your gladiators and probably report to the owner of the ludus (the gladiator sch)

1 Like

Hahaha I see that you have truly embodied the spirit of gladiator, well done my friend

5 Likes

So the contest results are out, and although the Gladiator didnā€™t get anything, it would still be very awesome to see it in the Hosted Games label (and finally get the last 2 chapters to see the light of day). To the beta testers who have helped w/ the testing of the game, and for all those who gave such amazing suggestions, I would love to credit all of you!

If you would like, do drop me your real names so that I can credit you properly, otherwise I will be using your avatars! Cheers! :smile:

@mossheart @Logan3000x @FutbolDude21586 @Kristina_NRE @phantom1321 @TheNobleOne @FaustXIII @Guillaume_Gilbert @CaesarCzech @Rav3nsblad3

7 Likes