Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

My Warmest Congratulations Consul. May Your Road be succesfull

:smiley:

1 Like

You are welcome! :yum:

1 Like

@Urban
Ahh I think itā€™s okay! We will just see what happens with judging and (hopefully) get it published eventually!

@CaesarCzech
Thank you! Couldnā€™t have done it without your help!

@Thunder-Man
:smile:

3 Likes

Just trying to be helpful for once, instead of continuing to just be a lurker for literal years heh.

1 Like

Hahaha congrats on your first post! Honored that you chose this game to come out with hahaha. Hope you enjoyed it!!

Hey just curious but is it possible to get bought by the tall lady in a Roman dress in the slave market? Tried a bunch of different ways but it doesnā€™t seem possible with a Greek with a merchant background :o Congratulations on submitting your game btw ^^

3 Likes

You canā€™t unfortunately :v

2 Likes

@nauhziy congratz bro, happy to see another amazing wip submitted,YAy (now to wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe )

2 Likes

Yeah I was wondering that too, tried a bunch of stuff, is it impossible then?

1 Like

@Eto @Asdwa
Yeah @Evan_Dean_Nathanael is right, sometimes in life, youā€™re just not the kind that the buyer is looking for haha.

Also, shout out to a fellow Singaporean!

1 Like

What was she looking for in particular? Someone clearner and sexier? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Perhaps hahahaha. Or maybe she was just window shopping, yā€™know how it is

1 Like

Oh wow youā€™re a Singaporean too? Thatā€™s a pleasant surprise XD (There doesnā€™t seem to be many of us around here sadly):joy:

Congratulations! Iā€™ve been watching this project from the beginning (mostly as a lurker since I didnā€™t make an acct until fairly recently), and this is definitely one of my favorite WIPs!

(sidenote: Agapios is bae)

A little disappointed with myself for not being aware you needed beta testers + volunteering myself to be one, but you have a great group!

I really do hope you get published! Throwing my money at this for sure :money_with_wings:.

Go Asians!

3 Likes

Hi @nauhziy. Sorry that I have to bring this to your attention, but Iā€™ve just read the demo of your game and canā€™t help but notice a lot of similarities to a game I wrote in 2014 called The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost.

First off, I want to say that your game is far from a carbon copy, the majority of it is completely unique (and extremely well written). Throughout the first chapter, I didnā€™t see any similarities at all and the majority of the third and fourth chapters were also completely unique, but the second chapter of you game (the chapter that takes part on the slave ship) seems almost identical to the second chapter of my game.

Iā€™ve taken some screenshots of both games to show the comparisons:

Screenshots

Both games contain a scene on a slave-ship where one of the slaves tries to break free and the protagonist has to choose whether or not to help them.

Price of Freedom:

The Gladiator:

Both games contain a scene where the protagonist meets a girl/woman who doesnā€™t speak their language very well, but still tries to befriend them:

Price of Freedom:

The Gladiator:

Both games contain a scene where bread is thrown to the slaves in the hull, and the protagonist gets to choose whether to give the bread to one of their friends or keep it for themselves:

Price of Freedom:

The Gladiator:

Both games contain a scene where one of the slaves on the ship strangles another slave to death, and one where sailors come down to the hull and drag women up on deck to rape them:

Price of Freedom:

The Gladiator:

Also, in the third chapter of both games, thereā€™s a scene where the slaves are being sold in the market and a female character expresses concern at the idea of being brought by a ā€œpleasure merchantā€

Price of Freedom:

The Gladiator:

Iā€™ve also noticed a few similarities with a couple of characters in the game. (Nerinas seems quite similar to Rhode and Gisila seems a little similar to Lula.)

Basically, I wanted to talk to you first about this, since, like I said before, while the second chapter is very similar, the rest of the game is completely unique and I really enjoyed playing it. I can tell that you put a lot of time and effort into it. Also I donā€™t want to give anybody the impression that Iā€™m trying to sabotage the CoG contest by trying to ā€œget rid of the competitionā€ or anything like that. Youā€™ve worked way too hard on the game to have your chances ruined by one chapter.

That said, I am going to have to ask you to edit the parts of the game that were influenced by my game, since I am planning on submitting an updated version of The Price of Freedom to Hosted Games, and I obviously donā€™t want people to read your game first and think that Price of Freedom is a rip-off of Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t realize you wrote that it was amazing!!:star_struck: Will there ever be a part 2?

2 Likes

Yes! I have been working on a part 2, but I put that on hold to finish The Lawless Ones (As soon as Iā€™m done with the artwork for The Lawless Ones, Iā€™m getting back to it.)

Also, the updated version of Innocence Lost is pretty much complete. Just have to edit a few errors and make a WIP. :blush:

4 Likes

Wow canā€™t wait for it! It was literally the first game I played on chooseyourstory.:grin: Will the updated version be on there?

1 Like

It already is actually, though I havenā€™t published it on the site. Here it is.. Thereā€™s a lot of changes been made. More background for both your own character and for other characters, as well and giving the character 5 stats instead of 2. (So far the only difference between the CYS version and the Choicesript version is that, in the Choicescript version, you get the option to play as a girl.)

3 Likes

AWESOME!!!:star_struck::heart_eyes::skull:

1 Like