Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

I’ve done all possible choices and their were a couple where they were cheering my MC’s name but I think I still was knocked out in the end. Very anticlimactic and unsatisfying.

1 Like

I understand your frustration, but I assure you that it will/might be worth it :wink:

I’m just wondering if I “won” or not.

1 Like

I’ll fix the phrasing to make the victory/lose condition more obvious haha. Thanks for letting me know!

@Prof_Chaos
Also, I’ve been working on the chapter 3 endings, I figure that if your best friend had a final swing at you, its in one of the loss events, so you probably lost that fight.

[Update 22/08/17]

1. fixed mine slave win-loss ambiguity
  2. fixed age +2 to age +1, added in additional scenes
  3. added scene to mine path, fleshed it out a little.
  4. minor fix to slave route puzzle, made it clearer

Hey guys, added about 4-5000 words but mostly as fixes to all the issues that cropped up with the third path in chapter 3, and all the comments that you guys gave me way too long ago. Will finally be working on chapter 4! Super stoked for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, thank you so much for not giving up on me HAHAHA, the 100 likes, and the 6000 clicks! Just the thing to keep me typing/staring at my computer screen after 9 hours of typing/staring at my computer screen at work :smile: :smile: :smile:

18 Likes

1 Like

That’s pretty strange, but yeah I’ve fixed it! Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Cato path is my favorite favorite! I killed some wolves, went to the banquet, and then beat up Decius which impressed Aurelia! Also, I won the munnus thing. I hope that REALLY catches Aurelia’s attention :smirk:

During the Brutus storyline I didn’t take argoplalawhatever- my bestie- but I still got the birthday scene. And I’m sure I didn’t take him since my character spoke of missing him. Then suddenly he appears, we stargaze and chill, and he’s gone again. I wondered if my character would be surlrised, like he’s my birthday present or something, but it just showed me the dialogue as if he had been there the whole time.

Also, I killed the traitor dude (but spared my boss) for stealing. I washed my clothes and “didnt say anything” (I think that’s what the option was) but it still went on as if I had went to tell Brutus of the thievery. Also, when he wanted proof and I was leading him to the scene we came upon a dead guard which I never killed.

I thought it was supposed to play this way: wash my clothes, go to sleep, keep quiet. Instead it went: wash my clothes, teleport to master Brutus, come upon dead guard, then show him the crime scene. Point being, it played as if I had taken a different route than i had intended. I may have misread it though so I’ll try it again and pay more attention this time!

2 Likes

@cottoncandy
Hey there! Thanks for giving me such great feedback, super careless mistake on my part, I totally forgot to switch off the event on the condition that you don’t bring your best friend along.

I’m really glad that you enjoyed the Cato path, and I’m so sorry that there were some huge continuity errors that must have ruined the experience. I’ll definitely take a look at the code, sometimes its just one or two errant *if else conditionals.

Also, I’ll look into the Brutus path again. Definitely not suppose to play out that way so its another big error on my side :confused: Again, thank you so much!!! :smile::smile::smile:

I took a peek at your profile, and if its okay I’ll really like to know how you feel the female ROs are panning out in the story. Character development is a pretty big weakness for me, especially romance. So any thoughts would definitely be super helpful (:

p.s. wasn’t able to fix it all tonight, so I’ll keep at it tomorrow and hopefully clear all the continuity errors. Sorry for the delay!

6 Likes

Got around to playing this, and it’s really neat. Will be waiting for future updates.

Also, here are stats:

Character Details
Name: Amr
Race: Egyptian
Background: Merchant
Denarii: 0

Character Stats
Leadership: 23%

Strength: 50%

Charm: 67%

Intellect: 39%

Relationships

Slaves
Ebe: 88%

Gisila: 72%

Taurus: 46%

House of Cato
Master Cato: 28%

Decius Cato: 0%

Aurelia Cato: 0%

Renown
Rome: 39%

Gaul: 0%

Greece: 0%

Egypt: 23%

Languages
Latin (spoken)
Greek (spoken)
Egyptian (spoken)

I think I got a pretty good character. Won both the fight at the ship (albeit through trickery rather than actual strength) and that one fight to honor House Cato. Tried to get a thing going with Aurelia, only to fail terribly. Hopefully, winning this fight will, at the very least, give me a fleeting chance with her.

1 Like

@nauhziy
Bug.
Playing as a Gaulish. From a merchant family.
Selecting the option:
“Learn about the history of your nation”.
Doesn’t give the MC the ability to write in Gaulish.

1 Like

So far there hasn’t been much interaction with any ROs (not complaining, i think it fits the pace) but I like it. I am given the option of whether or not I like them and then my character acts accordingly- which is all I could really ask for! I have no complains in that department, or in any other departments really. When the romance starts to build up I’ll definitely give you any feedback I can think of!

1 Like

You need to beat her brother at the feast before you speak with her

1 Like

So I played the Brutus path again to test out the scenes I was having trouble with. This time I am NOT half asleep and read very carefully to make sure I knew what was going on. I am terrible at explaining things so I’ll try my best to be clear here. So, when I choose to kill both the vilicus and strange man it eventually says:

This is where the problem comes up, because when I decide to wash up and go to bed it instead continues as if I told Master Brutus. It also completely bypasses another scene where I confront a guard, which should only pop up if I decided to report to Brutus. Here are the (paraphrased) choices I made:

Confront whoever is coming
Attack strange man
Kill him
Wash clothes & sleep

Next you can drink or stay sober, then steal the money or leave it. If you leave the money it congratulates you on being so virtuous. If you take the money it says: "You pick up the money bag and set off for Master Brutus’ Villa." Even though I decided to go to bed and say nothing. After this I immediately teleport to Master Brutus’ door, skipping the scene with the guards. The same thing happens (teleporting) if I DO decide to report to Brutus. This is all on one page after following the same steps I chose before, except I chose to tell Brutus instead of washing up:

To recap, regardless of whether or not I choose to tell Brutus it brings me to him. It skips the scene where you meet a guard, knock him out, and walk to Brutus’ door. Though the initial guard encounter is skipped, you still stumble upon him when leading Brutus to the scene. There’s also a typo when he sees the guard:

It’s missing this part: “the unconscious guard lying amongst the bushes.” I think the scene skip only happens when I go down the confronting path, because when I choose to hide and report to Brutus the rest plays out normally. I also noticed this, which I’m not sure is a typo or not:

Was there supposed to be anything before the exclamation point? That’s all I got for now! Hopefully I explained it clearly… I’m usually all over the place when it comes to writing so I tried my best to arrange this properly! And sorry for any formatting errors, I’m on mobile.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, buddy. Now I have a 36 relationship with her. Little Amr’s going places, I tell you.

3 Likes

@AAO
Little Amr is definitely looking good :wink:

@Bugreporter
Living up to your name huh. Alright, will take note and fix that! Thank you so much!

@cottoncandy
Hmm alright! Thanks for that :smile: Whatever you said actually gives me a good picture of where I can go with this/ what you as a reader is seeing so that’s good!

Ah yes, I took a look at the code/text and realised that it was a pretty big continuity issue too, so I’m still fleshing out the part to keep things coherent. Thanks for the really detailed reporting, def helps me a lot when I’m trying to track down the error.

This error is because of the scene skipping the guard scene, so I’ll look into that as well! So sorry about that, and thanks for detailing out the error for me :smile:

And as for the last one, what is your MC’s name? Cause I wrote it as ${name}! which should output your MC’s name haha

4 Likes

My MC’s name was one from the list, Akaterina. I haven’t tested it out with any other name yet, but I might try later to see if the same thing happens. Again, really fun game and i appreciate you taking the time to read our reports :smiley: i am really looking forward to what happens next!

1 Like

@cottoncandy
That’s really odd :confused: Hope it’s just an isolated issue! I’ve just fixed the continuity issues that were cropping up with the confronting route! Hopefully that will be all for now!!!

Thank YOU for the great feedback and for helping me out so much! I’m just really happy that you’re even taking the time to play through it and I’m definitely excited for the next chapter (although I’ve been saying that for like a month++ now)

I will get to it! :smile:

4 Likes

Just fixed this issue! :smile:

2 Likes

looking forward to more updates!!

2 Likes