Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

Just like @MIGhunter said there option to blur Spoiler, it’s like this

It’s also same at computer

3 Likes

…uh…you can do that?..silly me doing it manually.

2 Likes

@RagEgnite

I think those are great suggestions, now that I think about it, it is very abrupt to transit into the family scene without any so-called family bonding time/backstory. I’ll definitely consider adding in additional scenes there!

Hmm the 2 year thing as well, both you and @Urban have great points. I might consider just starting off at 18, reason why was because I didn’t want to depict minors doing anything too overtly violent/sexual/drinking etc etc.

About the puzzle, what was confusing about it? Were you unsure about what it was asking for or were you unsure of how to work it out. Was the “reward” worth it/did it feel like a reward when you were congratulated? Or did you expect something more tangible.

I like how you snuck in a little push for more rock-pun guy, but I’m afraid that the quality of the puns might plateau, and it might be better to leave you with a cliff-hanger, for fear of hitting rock-bottom :wink: unless of course… you have any in mind? :slightly_smiling_face:

@FutbolDude21586
Alright, I will include hints for MCs with higher intellect. Personally though, did you find it challenging? Or was it relatively simple. Eitherway, would you want to see more of such puzzles in the future? Or should I stick to the romance and combat.

@Urban

Alright, I will start fixing the Stat Checks once I get some free time! Thank you :slight_smile:

Hmm, I included the puzzle to try make it slightly more interesting. Do you think that its because it didn’t feel like an important event? Cause if this is so, I will definitely consider looking at it again and seeing what I can do about it.

I will have to agree with you on the age thing. I understand how it seems more like a hasty transition now. Will change it in my working copy.

@Kristina_NRE

Yeah, but then I was pretty proud with the retort after that. And I’m sure you pretty much destroyed him after that right!!! Serves him right haha! That’s good to hear, I do find it challenging to write a Gladiator story that appeals to the female audience as well so it’s definitely refreshing to hear your insights :smile: Thank you!

@Logan3000x
Hahaha you know what they say, While you live, you learn.

1 Like

But the puzzle is not interesting narrative wise.
Look at the others path.
Cato’s you fight against wolves and save your master, you participate in a banquet where you can interact with several characters and can raise your stats too, you become the favorite slave of Cato and fight for his honor at the munus.
Brutus’ path you discover someone is stealing from the master, you have to fight against a corrupt guard, you tell the master about it, you have the bath scene, start being trained for the munus and fight at the munus.

The mine path has the better scene with Boadicea, a less threatening but decent fight(because you aren’t fighting until death) and the rock pun guy. It feel the lesser path of the three you can get.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure of both what it was asking me for and also how it worked out. And when I did solve it, I didn’t notice anything different, reward or narrative-wise, so it didn’t feel like a reward, really.

If you can’t sneak in more rock-pun guy, then I at least want to see the MC descend into laughing hysterically at rock-pun guy’s puns after a while. It’ll seal the deal for me and bring me down to Earth. (Get it?)

1 Like

I found it challenging, but I’m not really operating at full capacity. Pain killers for an injury at work.

1 Like

@Urban
I see what you are driving at. Definitely makes a lot of sense now that you put them side by side in comparison haha. I’ll try to add a bit more into it! Thanks for pointing it out!

@FutbolDude21586
Oh man that sounds terrible, hope you’re feeling better and I wish you a speedy recovery!

I actually loosely based it off scheduling problems that can be solved using linear programming, but had hope that this would be a much easier, intuitive problem. Perhaps the instructions will have to be clearer too.

@RagEgnite

Alright I will work on the phrasing again. I didn’t really want to spell it out very clearly cause well, its a random guard giving the instructions but it definitely sounds like it was much more confusing than I intended it to be.

Noted. I will find a way to up the reward and significance of the puzzle.

Well, it would floor me to see your MC lose his marble at the terrible puns. Imagine him going, “Quartz me outside, how bout dat”

@everyone
I’m going to try something new, and that would be to ask you guys for rock-puns for rock-pun guy (I can only cobble together so many before I crumble and cave-in.) So shoot them in the comments and I might add it into his dialogue! :wink:

3 Likes

@nauhziy no problem keep it up :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s no fun but I manage. It’s a partially torn rotator cuff. But thanks for your well wishes.

2 Likes

Just take it easy and don’t rush back into things (I sidelined myself with a hamstring pull in Feb, then destroyed my ankle in June -.-), you could try physiotherapy and conditioning to help to strengthen the area around it once the pain subsides. Get well soon man!

4 Likes

Because it very much is the lesser of three paths you can get and we are lucky that the author is deviating from strict historical accuracy for the mine slave because historically the mine slaves, the “Damnati in metallum” which most mine slaves used to be were a special class of convict slaves who could not be manumitted or hold property of their own and who were expected to die in the mines. While our mc’s are not convicts once any slave entered the mine as a “labourer” they would likely have been presumed to be such convicts, facts be damned and the masters well knew it.

You can only get it by basically snubbing the first two prospective buyers, which is generally a bad idea.

4 Likes

how can you be literate in latin

1 Like

Become a merchant child or learn later on in the Brutus house I think

1 Like

Or be a noble and learn about the history of your tribe (Gaul).

1 Like

@idonotlikeusernames
I understand what you are getting at, and I agree with the fact that the actions/ending up in the mines as a slave would have meant probably certain death in real life. But I think @Urban has a good point with regard to game play value of the path.

Essentially, players playing for the first time might end up in the mine path and leave feeling very unrewarded, without knowing the content of the other paths. So from a game play perspective, I am thinking of how to make it equally rewarding without killing the historical plausibility of it, apart from waiving the “Damnati in metallum” clause.

@Greatnick
Yeah @Phoenix_Wolf and @FutbolDude21586 pretty much got it covered! Was being illiterate in Latin a big issue for you?

4 Likes

The code doesn’t work properly when loaded. My MC’s name is now a bunch of 0s.

1 Like

@Prof_Chaos Can I have your Player Code?

same (20 characters)

2 Likes

@Phoenix_Wolf hmm can i have your player code as well?

Wait I caught myself, I put the code in the wrong spot.

1 Like