Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

Thanks for updating I appreciate it but I still get that error

Also this is the player code the game keeps giving me since I started playing today

1 Like

Can you send me your player code? Let me convert it for you! Sorry about the trouble!

1 Like

Wow thank you really loving the story by the way especially how every playthrough is random.

Chapter 2 Code

PlayerCode133392.611297932.488017776.2035998.312867082.19860840.0.978480.Albiorix8

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! It made me realise a huge error in the save system. Youā€™re awesome :smile: thanks for the patience and I def wna know what you think about Chapter 3!!!

Hereā€™s your new PlayerCode
(select the Iā€™m a pro option)

PlayerCode133392. 611297932. 488017776. 2035998. 312867082. 19860840. 6000000000000. 978480.Albiorix8

1 Like

I find myself unable to save, load, or delete save files, and I get these types of error message:

[details=Saving]

[/details]

Deleting

2 Likes

Did you select the perma death option? If yes, you wonā€™t be able to save/load/delete save files!

Edit: This screen determines if you will be able to save/load/delete :slight_smile:

No man your awesome thank you for doing this evening though you could be doing something else.:grin:

I KEEP DIEING IN THE ARENA! Now matter what I do!

1 Like

Ah, I simply was trying to do those actions before the option. I understand now, thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like

Have your combat at least at 52, choose balanced weapons, aka sword and shield.

Then back away when he tries to screwer you.

Finally, choose to charge him, and thatā€™s it basically. :stuck_out_tongue:

Took me at least 5 tries to get it right

1 Like

What were your stats? (also did you choose to ignore both romans haha)

Also, I think I fixed the PlayerCode issue already, hope itā€™s working fine for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I was playing the first chapter I chose gaull peasant girl but in the the scene when your about to be captured your captor says men itā€™s ā€œhimā€ a little gender mishap just, thatā€™s all

1 Like

@Megus
Thanks for letting me know! May I know your stats? (and did you ignore both Romans haha) Howā€™s the game so far!

@phantom1321
Well, it really depends on how smooth you are. And I guess youā€™ll just have to wait for the next chapter to find out :wink: Did you manage to talk to Aurelia tho?

@Haribospoon
Thanks for the heads up! Just fixed it. Let me know how the rest of it pans out for you!

@No_This_Is_Patrick
Youā€™re welcome! Its good to hear that youā€™re enjoying the game, truly makes my day (validation that the 29379731 hours staring at lines of text was worth it xD)

@Terriermon50
No worries! Glad to help :smile: Howā€™s the game coming along!

@Phoenix_Wolf @Kyle
Wow you guys actually put in effort to grind out the win! :smile: Thereā€™re more ways to win, but I wonā€™t spoil it for you hahaha. All I can say is that itā€™s not a scripted choose actions a, b, c to win kinda fight. :wink:

If you donā€™t mind, let me check out your Chapter 2 PlayerCode! I would love to give it a shot :smile:

Iā€™m finding it quite interesting! I hadnā€™t checked in a while, and I enjoyed working out what direction I want to go as a slave, but rn Iā€™m sticking to keeping my honor!

Question: how important is keeping your dignity/honor intact? And is it gonna affect later choices or how others perceive us?

1 Like

Sure: I think this is the right one.

PlayerCode146592.372217076.485937776.3817998.977752908. 20029800.0.1778480.Asheal6

1 Like

I canā€™t remember everthing on the top of my head but here is qhat I can remember

Female Egyptian noble:
Latin illiterate
Ldr: around 20
Str: around 25
Int: around 50
Chr: around 35

Summary

Chose to over: emphasize my Int:

Summary

I bowed to the purple clothed man and snubbed the other one

2 Likes

On the Brutus path does Boadicea absolutely have to be my (fake) wife? Kind of found that weird when she wasnā€™t forced on me in the Cato path.

Edit:Also kind of felt like none of my strength checks worked during that final fight even though I was well above at 62. Yup not even int. Worked with the jump back, somethings bug with my playthrough there

1 Like

One tiny comment if I may in the peasant intro my gay boy wouldnā€™t dream of girls when plotting to ambush the noble, maybe make the mcā€™s preference always be selectable before that scene?
". You dream about luxurious rich foods and wine, beautiful girls abound by the dozen. "
Dozens of girls would be more like a nightmare for my poor mc. :fearful:

Final stats,

Character Details
Name: Aegon
Race: Greek
Background: Peasant
Denarii: 0
Character Stats
Leadership: 20% Strength: 50% Charm: 49% Intellect: 46%

A real struggle to keep int up with a lower class mc here. :cry:

I would also second this, but it is kind of understandable for plantation slaves, the incentive of keeping husband wife pairs together was a hoped for higher rate of reproduction, some of the slave masters of antiquity liked to keep them together for that purpose and presumably to have greater leverage over his slaves too, as threatening family members can be an effective tool of coercion. Some always split pairs up regardless, but claiming to be ā€œhusband and wifeā€ in that situation was basically a desperate gamble to stay together on the part of the mc and their best friend. Not that my mc is entirely happy with the ruse, mind you. But then since thereā€™s no true gay marriage in ancient Rome either she is far from the worst ā€œwifeā€ that could be pushed on us. At least she presumably knows my mc is gay and probably respects that.

2 Likes

@Terriermon50
Thatā€™s awesome! Well, it really depends on what you mean by ā€œhonourā€. For example, honour to one faction might be seen as disrespect to another. And thus, itā€™s a very tricky dynamic to manage. I can only go as far as to say that Iā€™m trying to make the game as realistic as possible, while exploring relationship and power dynamics, as well as notions of class and privilege.

I know itā€™s a little cryptic! But Iā€™d love to hear what you mean by honour - I do have a definition of sorts, but Iā€™d love to hear yours!

@Phoenix_Wolf
I gave it a play-through and managed to win the fight, maybe its a little unfair cause I know all the hidden stat computations oops! But hereā€™s a hint! Play to your strengths, youā€™re a little low on intellect, but your charm stat is phenomenol, so abuse it :wink: Hope that it helps!!!

Btw I tweaked the PlayerCode system so hereā€™s your updated PlayerCode:
PlayerCode146592. 372217076. 485937776. 3817998. 977752908. 20029800. 6000000000000. 1778480.Asheal6

@Megus
I see. Thanks for letting me know! Iā€™m still balancing out the stats so Iā€™ll see what I can do. Maybe I will have no choice but to write in the third path hahaha. How did you do for Chapter 1 and 2? And may I ask why you snubbed the second guy?

@Kungfuboom
Hello! Hmm, what do you mean that it wasnā€™t forced? In my knowledge I try to make it similar, but ultimately, you are given a choice. Like what @idonotlikeusernames said, the subtle difference (I thought it was super subtle) is to reflect the difference between the two classes of slaves. Although I did not explicitly explain, plantation slaves are given worse conditions compared to house slaves

Haha the fight scene is definitely beatable! What are your stats like?

Hello! You deserve a reply all to yourself HAHA

Ahhh shucks. I will take note of this! Perhaps Iā€™ll edit the gender selection page to reflect various sexual orientations. I must admit that itā€™s quite a taboo subject in my society (generally asian/ conservative mindset), so Iā€™ve had almost no experience in dealing with such subjects. So on one hand, I would love to make this as inclusive as possible, but Iā€™m afraid that I will misrepresent certain gender/sexuality issues. Do you happen to have any suggestions on how I can broach this topic tastefully?

Hang in there! Iā€™m kind of purposely stratifying the various classes, does it seem unfair at any point?

With regard to the ā€œfakeā€ marriage issue, can I ask for your opinion on the Cato playthrough vis-a-vis the Brutus playthrough?

2 Likes