Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

@nauhziy You got my weak point there, I dont know the code xD
Even the most simple one is hard to me. Thats why Im waiting for a WYSIWYG Chronicler version, so I can make my first games xD

1 Like

Could you make a stat called ā€œcunningā€ because I think it would be fun to be a strategist in the arena and to trick all of our enemy.

Sorry for my grammars mistakes, English is not my first language.

1 Like

There arenā€™t that many grammar mistakes in this lol. The enemy should be enemies, and I think that is it. I might have missed something obviously, but you should be more confident lol.
Edit: everyone makes mistake :point_up_2::grinning:

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Well since it is required that I write 20 letters Iā€™m obligated to continue writing.

1 Like

@Guillaume_Gilbert Yeah, you could make use of the arena traps, the animals, maybe pit a gladiator against other backstage to increase your chancesā€¦ could be fun xD

2 Likes

@Josetrayamar
Ahh thatā€™s a pity. No worries! I will poke around on the forums.

@Guillaume_Gilbert
Haha donā€™t worry about the grammar! I understand you perfectly. Besides, Iā€™m not from a native english speaking country either so that makes two of us :slight_smile:

@Josetrayamar @Guillaume_Gilbert
I have created 3 stats (Strength, Intellect and Charm) mainly because I woudnā€™t want to complicate things on my first try. Other variables like race, background and money obviously play a role but I wonā€™t talk about those. I believe Intellect would describe what you guys have proposed? Given ways to win fights using brains instead of brawn :wink:

I would also want to include alternative ways to fight. From tactics and politics to clandestine methods like bribery, poisoning the opponentā€™s food or match-fixing. And of course, straight up knuckles bared good honest fighting. Loving your suggestions so far, keep them coming! I will take note of them and maybe include them :smile:

1 Like

Take a look at this and especially at the end there is a topic - how to make stat screen pretty with the coding of stat screen for three games

1 Like

This is great. I was referring to the wiki which didnā€™t have such comprehensive information. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey guys!

Iā€™m just going to throw this out there. Do yā€™all have any suggestions for a good title? The best I have come up with so far is -> The Gladiator: Blood, Sweat, Tears.

Which obviously isnā€™t great haha. If you guys have suggestions just drop a reply here!

Thank you so much!!

The Gladiator : from slave to champion

3 Likes

@Guillaume_Gilbert
You just gave me an idea! How about. The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum

1 Like

@nauhziy Ingens Fatum, something like Mighty Destiny if Im not mistaken. Sounds good to me xD

And if you plan for more than a book, maybe add some words after it, like keywords that you could relate to the story, not only the gladiator part. Maybe something likeā€¦ Ingens Fatum: Domitari nequit. (Mighty Destiny: I cannot be tamed). I may be drunk right now, but I could get used to that title. And of course it has to be latin, because, it has to be xD

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s actually a great idea because it show well the progress that we can do as a gladiator.

1 Like

@Josetrayamar
Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry but I have a personal bias against non-english names because I feel it might alienate some players. But I think that the idea of having additional words would definitely help players to relate to the story so Iā€™ll be using that idea! Aye posting drunk haha there has got to be an achievement for that!

@Guillaume_Gilbert
Thank you for the idea!

[Update 19/5/17]
Itā€™s been slightly over a week since I first posted this interest check, and I am pleased to announce that the first chapter is out! It captures the character creation as well as the backstory of the game, which will set the stage for the rest of the story to pan out.

The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum
It is the year 49BC, a time of strife, politics and Roman dominance. As a child, these concepts may seem alien to you, but when you are torn out of your comfortable life, you will be forced to come of age and fight for your freedom. Will you rise to the occasion? Or will you fade into oblivion?

Do try out the first chapter of the game here:
https://dashingdon.com/go/1476

Comments and suggestions, both good and bad are extremely welcomed. Thank you!

1 Like

Just a FYI: You have the ability to update your first post and the title to reflect your new version. If you consolidate your links and changelogs there it makes it easier for people to test and provide feedback.

2 Likes

Oh alright, thank you for the heads up! I will do that :slight_smile:

Nice, I am liking this.

1 Like

Of course, young boys and their raging hormones. Given your status, it wasnā€™t difficult to become the popular rich kids surrounded with friends. Boadicea and you would often spend countless hours wooing the girls in your village with great success. Ahhā€¦ good times.

Boadicea was described as a girl first, then she became a guy.

ā€œIā€™m going to make you regret saying that!ā€ You yell, chasing the boy down with your friends and Boadicea at your side. How dare he! To insult you in public. You will definitely not let him live this down.

And then I had a choice to go after him because he stole my money bag, but I was pursuing him because he insulted me.

Boadicea shakes her head, uncertainty furrowing her face. ā€œAlbiorix, weā€¦ we are going to be sold as slaves.ā€

Now Boadicea is a girl again.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out! Iā€™ll fix it :slight_smile: