Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

Well, that would’ve been handy… I assumed the save system was broken because the save slots said ‘error’ instead of ‘slot 0, slot 1, etc.’ It does work, it just looks like it doesn’t!

I’m kinda torn on this, I guess. I like the idea of making death cost something, but when you have to zip through the entire chapter again it can be a little immersion-breaking, and it’s always tempting to make different decisions now that you know where the story’s going. I’d rather save exploration for a second playthrough and keep my first uninterrupted. I’ve seen a couple games here that let you get out of a death at some kind of cost, taking a blow to a stat or just keeping count of how many times you’ve died (with maybe an achievement to make it to the end with zero deaths). I remember Totem Force (WIP) does this, don’t remember what the other was…

1 Like

Wouldn’t really consider myself a history buff, the late Roman Republic is pretty much the only time/area where I know more than a little bit, and even that’s partially due to historical novels.

That said, is 68 BC the year where you are born or the year where you are 16 and get taken as a slave?

1 Like

Love the overall story so far! I really hope to see more! Although, there is one flaw that I saw repeatedly. I’m female, so I chose to have a female character, like any other girl like me. But there were times where the story referred to me as a man. For example; (Spoilers) I was pretending that my best friend [Whose name is too complicated to spell] was my husband too smuggle him into the same villa with the same ‘master’ as me, but he referred to ME as ‘husband’. So I was a bit confused as to why he didn’t refer to me as his ‘wife’. Although this kind of mistake popped up multiple times, I really enjoyed this story, and am really looking forward to seeing a romance between my character and her best friend.

1 Like

@nauhziy there seems to be something wrong with the codes it generates now… the old codes not work and when i start a new game i get this code PlayerCode253392. 651472556. 177836976. 2359998. 515310884. 18841200. 6000000000000. 2578480.Ismael6 after i finish i want to play with this code and it gives me a ceroes name.

1 Like

@Alexandra
Ah yes, I think it’s because I put the save plugin in an *if conditional. Maybe I should explicitly inform the player about it! Also cause the plugin is only for WiP, so I’m not too concerned about it.

That’s also true I guess! But then again, the choices leading up to the fight might affect your stats as well, which in turn affects the fight. But yes I get your point about the long duration between the sale at the slave market and the fight (got a bit carried away with this chapter).

This is pretty interesting. I might consider this option! It seems very doable haha.

@bomsasa
Ah I see, mostly the period where Julius Ceasar became dictator and changed the republic into an empire? It was definitely one of the most intriguing and well documented periods.

At first I intended this to be the year you are born in, but to be fair I’m still looking to change the year, or transpose the historical timeline onto a fictitious setting.

@Kristina_NRE

Oh shucks, great catch and thanks for letting me know! Sometimes I slip up and use male pronouns instead heh. If you happen to see other examples of gender flipping, screen shots would be super helpful!

Don’t worry about spoilers, you can blur them out by typing “[ spoiler ]without the spaces[ /spoiler ]”. Again, sorry about the gender flipping :confused: And thanks for the kind words. As a girl, what do you feel about your character’s relationship with her best friend so far?

@anon4518890
Let me take a look and get back to you asap. Sorry about the technical error!

2 Likes

Hey @anon4518890, try the third option on the landing page → “Hell yeah! I’m a pro”

I tried out your PlayerCode and it works fine there. Sorry about the confusion with all the different types of PlayerCodes! And thanks for dropping by to play finish the play :smile:

yup it work now, perhaps you were updating before? i did get a 350 error in the code.

1 Like

Strange, but at least its working now! :slight_smile: Let me know how the new Chapter plays out for you :smile:

i cant win neither brutus or cato fight even tought my stats are inflated?
i remember winning before but not anymore, did you change it?

PlayerCode253416. 1245420358. 961912176. 4159998. 515310884. 22063632. 6000000000000. 969680.Ismael6

edit> i finally did win but did have to start from chapter 1 again… it seems there was something wrong with the stats :expressionless:

1 Like

Hmm strange, i cleared chap3 w your MC on the Cato path. With your stats you should be clearing all the stat checks! Haha

1 Like

thats what i did think too but continued dying :roll_eyes:
i have used that saved code since you updated the game, maybe the game did load bad the stats or something , dunno, by the way i always use spatha and the choice to trow the shield still appear… is that an error or you have to code it?

1 Like

How are you fighting? Which are your choices?

1 Like

I didn’t mean to be the leader of the Legion, I meant to show the way for the Romans, tell them the strengths of the tribe, etc.

1 Like

im going to be even more excited if we can lead/join a roman legion (i love roman history and medeival history)

2 Likes

spatha, attack him, Parry with your House of Cato Spatha!,Go on the offensive and bring the fight to him
then i have those choices even though i use spatha (2 hand sword fighting style)

Taunt!

Charge! ( i select this one, charge since spatha is better for offensive fighting)

Throw your shield and follow up with a strike

Surrender.

(i think it was some stats problem when loading the code or something since now im winning, anyway what is wrong is to have that choice when im using 2 hand sword… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

1 Like

I used your code and won without a problem. And the spatha is not 2 swords, it is a 2-handed sword.

1 Like

yeah, i should edit that, anyway did you have the choice to trow your shield too?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t remember.

@nauhziy a few continuity errors while fightingthe Brutian:

“You charge at the Brutian with your House of Cato Spatha with a final cry. He rises to fight you on an equal footing. Sword to sword. It is vicious, intense and exhausting. A thrust. Block. You slash. Parried. You forge ahead with multiple strike combos. But to no avail.”
“A fierce stab with the sica almost cleaves your arm off, but your armour holds… barely. You shake your head, clearing the red mist fogging you consciousness. One. Last. Effort You slam your spatha into the Brutian’s sica, smashing it to the ground. Bloodied. Exhausted. He charges straight at you with his shield raised.”

The problem here is that my MC broke his sica and he thrown it in his leg, he shouldn’t have his sica.

1 Like

@anon4518890
Oh yes I understand what you mean. I forgot to put a selectable_if there, thanks for the headsup, I will go fix it on my working copy.

I think this is why you lost? Haha its a blood sacrifice so surrendering is obviously out of the option.

@Urban
Yup! A spatha is a 2 handed sword :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing that out, but a sica is a short sword so correct me if im wrong I think its okay?

@augustus27
Ahaha I might consider that! It would be exciting to lead a Roman legion

The problem is that before that scene my character broke the sica and the Brutian thrown it in my character leg. So he shouldn’t have a sica to attack the MC.

1 Like