Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

No problem @nauhziy but they aren’t links they are ideas and features created by creative minds merely mentioned by me

1 Like

@DUNGEON_MASTER
Haha no worries. I’ll see if I can emulate what you have talked about :smile:

Now that sounds awesome

1 Like

@Arcane_warrior
Haha I hope the implementation is as good as it sounds!

Hi guys, I have uploaded the play-testing Player Code feature, which essentially allows you to carry your character across various play-throughs and updates! (Whuttttt) In terms of content, Chapter 3 is still very much in the works (boooo), (but you might be able to unlock it if you are persistent enough :wink: But… you have been warned.)

Anyway, if any of you are willing to be my guinea pigs, do try out the play-test Player Code feature. Essentially, it generates a code that you can copy at the end of each chapter. So copying that code and entering it at the start of the game allows you to skip the chapter and retain all your stats, traits and decisions! Pretty neat huh.

I would love for you guys to give it a try and let me know if it works/fails for you! That way, I can make sure that future play tests and demos won’t bore you guys with old content (as long as you save the code somewhere hahaha)

Check it out here:
https://dashingdon.com/go/1476

6 Likes

I can’t play after the first auto save, there is an error that doesn’t allow me to continue.

1 Like

Apologies, in my excitement I forgot to initialize the plugin :frowning: Thanks for the heads up! Fixed :smile:

Hi. So I was somewhat bored and decided to fiddle with the player code. This was the result-

Basically you can change the code to get crazy stats. This is technically cheating of course, but people might try it. Maybe you could make the code more, uh, complex?

1 Like

I have trouble with the save

1 Like

Haha i actually use this to get crazy stats myself when i do play tests. But I figured, since the code is visible on dashingdon, even if I do hash out the Player Code (for example by multiplying it by an arbitrary number 213728392831 and the dividing by it upon loading), players can easily access the code and just work out the values themselves. Although… I guess it is slightly more challenging.

Basically, I am completely fine with people abusing this feature because if someone really wants max stats and breeze through the play thru, its like me playing a game with hacks and cheats. (And it makes the whole experience a lot more… exciting? HAHA) But if many people think this is an issue, I would hash it and go full enigma mode on it HAHA (and then it will be a game of cat and mouse in itself :wink:)

What do you say, @LordTurtle, are we going full breaking the enigma mode?

Hi, thanks for pointing out the issue. Did you try to manually save or was this part of the auto-save? Also, did you select the perma-death option at the start? Lastly, when did you open the game, because it had the bug when I first uploaded but I fixed it about 2-3 hours after my first upload!

Thank you so much! Sorry for asking so many questions haha cause I’ve play tested it a few times and it seems to work on my end so I’m a bit confused!

Auto and after that i use the player code cuz i accidentally restarting the browser and i do not choose the perma death

1 Like

Alright, wow thanks for pointing it out, definitely didn’t take that into consideration! I’ve fixed it already :smile:

I personally have a hard time keeping myself from cheating. A challenge would spice things up.:smile:

1 Like

The save system is not working as intended.
When I used it, my character name was changed to 31, Boadicea name was changed to a name that start with D , all my relationship stats were wrong.

1 Like

Hmm could you copy the code here for me to take a look? Sorry about the bugs :confused:

I realised that it would be difficult to change the code since some people are already holding to the current ones :thinking: let me fix the issue that @Urban is having before I tinker with it further hahaha. I cherish the challenge :wink:

1111632553032193700000000202001117372461223108Albiorix

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing that out, I spent an hour scratching my head but I finally found the logic error. I amended the renown values < 10 to show double digits and didn’t change it back. Anyhow, it is fixed now!

Here’s your correct Player Code, all data intact:
111163255303219370000202001117372461223108Albiorix

I lost to the Thracian and then Boadicea was fighting the Thracian.

BAMM! The Thracian threw himself on top of you in a spectacular body slam. Not so spectacular for you cause you were now broken and suffocating under his weight. You surrender.

The ship erupts into cheers as the Thracian raises his hands in triumph. Slaves and sailors alike chanted for him as you groaned on the cold, hard wooden floor of the hull, nursing your wounds.

Boadicea steps into the ring uncertainly, sizing up the heaving Thracian that stood before her. It was one of those things that you really couldn’t bear to watch, but just had to. They circled each other, occasionally throwing in a weak punch or kick to test out the opponent. The slaves and sailors alike begin to encourage the fighters. “My grandmother fights better than you!” Insults are encouragements… kind of?

1 Like