Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

An extremely cute redhead who is always there to support you and is a fucking badass.

And that is actually a problem here. She will need to marry another man and at most you will be her lover, nothing more.

I think because you haven’t done the Cato’s Path. If you do, you will meet her.

1 Like

Well that’s equality for you (in a meta sense, not in universe obviously) since for those like me who prefer the cute guys it is pretty much assured that we will be nothing more than clandestine lovers to our master’s cute sons and not spoken of in polite company.

So congrats for putting you straight guys in sort of the same situation as us gays. :grin:

1 Like

1, Do good enough in our duty as a slave so that Master Cato fulfills his promise and sets us free.
2. Have a high relationship with him so that he actually accepts your offer to marry his daughter.
3. Profit.

And, I don’t know about you, but romancing the “childhood friend” trope is just so overdone. I like Ebe, but she’s more liekly to be a buddy more than anything.

1 Like

Sorry man, he would never script m accept a second-class citizen to marry his daughter. There is just no way here, she will need to marry a Roman noble.

And I think the childhood trope is over done, that is why I never go for that, with the exception of Boadicea.
She is the only link the MC have with his past, she is always there to support you and to encourage you, and she is a redhead.

1 Like

Dude, it’s a game. No need to see everything so realistically.

Besides, seeing as we’re going to a gladiator school, maybe we can get some prestige if we keep winning on matches.

Yawn, just the basic childhood friend stu-

Well shit. Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

You actually can’t on any of the paths I believe they really do sell us to whomever owns that Ludus, unless they merely loan our use to them. Even so they wouldn’t considering marrying any of their children to a mere freedman that just wasn’t done.
Due to the quirks of Roman law with the good kind of manumission that would allow our children to become full Romans and thus possibly marry our former master’s grandchildren. Still that would be absolutely worthless for our characters personally. Besides it’s highly likely my mc wouldn’t want biological children in the first place and would simply adopt an heir if possible.

1 Like

They didn’t sell us, they only send you there to train. We will fight for the glory of house Cato/Brutus after the training.

1 Like

Then you’ve got to hope none of our matches are going to see us either manumitted or condemned by a Consul as that would cut our ties to Cato Brutus too and in case of a Consul manumitting us give us potentially unwanted ties to their house instead.
Either way no marriage to the daughter would be possible, nor would any sort of relationship of equals with either of the sons for that matter, at least they’re equal in that aspect.

1 Like

Can someone tell me how to get to the Cato path?
I really dont know how.

1 Like

You bow down to the guy with the purple stripe.

You need to know Latin in order to him to buy you (basically just go learn stuff in the library as a noble. Merchants automatically get the language as well, I think).

If you have 40 Charm, inflate your charm to that slave keeper. It’ll give you a much easier time in impressing him.

1 Like

It is better to inflate your lowest stat, because you need all 3 stats to go to house Cato.

1 Like

But, according to the code, inflating your Charm inflates all of your stats.

1 Like

It does, but the effects are lesser than if you inflate the stats directly.
My Gaul character doesn’t have problems with Strength or Charm, but intellect is a real problem.

1 Like

If it’ll help you, disagreeing with your friend on what their parents said about the gods and talking to the ___ master (I forgot their name, but there’s a master in it) at the party will raise your Intelligence.

Personally, my Egyptian noble had no problem with stats so far. He’s pretty much a jack of all trades; 49 Strength, 56 Charisma and 54 Intellect.

1 Like

The problem is they scene happens after the slave market. The problem to raise intellect is at the beginning.

1 Like

A Gaulish Merchant who chooses to study at the beginning and inflates intellect at the slave market will have their stats at appropriate levels to get Cato to buy him.

1 Like

I do it as a noble, but even if you get the highest intellect possible and inflate it, it is not guaranteed that Cato will buy the MC.

1 Like

shrug
I only commented because I just tried it and it worked.
Not sure about the Noble path.

1 Like

@Urban

I like the way you think hahahaha. I would probably take incredible amounts of charm and luck to even get them to talk to each other tbh.

@idonotlikeusernames
Well… let’s not forget about Taurus just yet haha :smirk:

@AAO

Ouch the friendzone is deep in this one hahaha. But wow your MC is pretty stacked.

@FaustXIII
Yep there are multiple ways to get onto the Cato path! So as long as you play your cards right, anything is possible! But yes, as with life, there’s always an element of luck.

Wait, I haven’t played through in a while and I can’t remember who this is. Which path is she from?

1 Like