The Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum
It is a time of strife, politics and Roman dominance. As a child, these concepts may seem alien to you, but when you are torn out of your comfortable life, you will be forced to come of age and fight for your freedom. Will you rise to the occasion? Or will you fade into oblivion?
Do try out the first four chapters of the game here (and vote in the poll below!):
Public Service Announcement!
Hey guys! I will be running a closed beta test for the final chapters of the story, so if you’re interested to join in the beta test, do drop me a private message @nauhziy. I’m looking for really in-depth and constructive feedback so if that’s up your alley, let’s do this! If not, I’m going to release the content eventually so you won’t be missing out either! (:
Thank you for all the suggestions, feedback and encouragement so far! Do like, comment and let me know what you liked and where I can improve (typos, grammar, bugs, gameplay, storyline etc). Screen shots will be super helpful for errors.Thank you!
Current word Count (without code):
Currently working on:
- Chapter 5
Who would you consider as a potential RO you’ll be interested in?
Vote now (you can choose more than one)!
- Your best friend
- Decius Cato
- Aurelia Cato
- Titus Brutus
- Horatia Brutus
- Completed Chapter 4 WOOHOO WHAT UP TAKE THAT PROCRASTINATION
- Updated Chapter 4
- Chap 4 intro done
- Ludus intro done
- fixed mine slave win-loss ambiguity
- fixed age +2 to age +1, added in additional scenes
- added scene to mine path, fleshed it out a little.
- minor fix to slave route puzzle, made it clearer
- Mine Slave route completed
- Sexuality and orientation included
- Slave market scene revised
- House of Brutus path completed
- House of Cato path completed
- PlayerCode v.Enigma implemented just to throw down the gauntlet at @LordTurtle. (And to prevent cheating of course) Old PlayerCodes can be converted as well.
- Playing with achievements - 3 achievements implemented
- Play-test PlayerCode v.1 implemented, thanks to @Vendetta for pointing me to the very useful forum post and @idonotlikeusernames, @DUNGEON_MASTER and @chrisbat for the really insightful discussion on play-test save features.
- Inventory Sytem [WIP] taken with permission from @CitizenShawn
- Random best friend generator as suggested by @Josetrayamar
- Save function. CJW save plugin implemented
- Chapter 2 is out!
First chapter was posted.
Idea pitch regarding random character generation, overall game concept and storyline.