The Fate of the Empire
Riyasan was a republic surrounded by enemies who wished to take her land and resources away from her people and to make them their slaves. Many wars were fought and many became the Martyrs and Heroes of the Republic and among them was a military officer called Augis Sinnah.
He led armies into the heartlands of the enemies, soundly defeating and annexing them but the last destination of his armies was Karcia, the capital of Riyasan.
Augis Sinnah crowned himself Emperor and made the republic into the Empire of Riyasan, marking the beginning of a golden age.
Three hundred years have passed and you are the heir to the Imperial Throne of Riyasan but you don’t live in the golden age.
You live in different times, troubled times and yet, your life is simple. All you have to do is to bear your tutors but one day you will take the reigns of the Empire and you will rule the way you want to.
- Play as male, female or non binary
- Decide between the good of the empire or your own.
- Decide the fate of your own power, will you become the Emperor of the Riyasani or the President of Riyasan or would you remain as an absolute sovereign or maybe you will end up a nobody?
- Crush rebellions and invasion through gunpowder and bayonets or by diplomacy.
- Deal with the struggles of multiple organised religions by harmony or an iron fist.
- Bring back the glory of Riyasan or break your Empire into various kingdoms.
- Be a Machiavellian or Romantic ruler.
- Live a life of luxury in your palace or a life of austerity.
- Learn about the life of the legendary first Emperor; emulate him or disregard him.
- Advance the rights of minorities or cosy up to the masses by oppressing them.
- Follow your heart or your mind.
Do all of this in a world of gunpowder and cannons, knowledge and enlightenment, faith and belief and maybe magic?
Lady Hortena de Pella
She is around your age and the niece of your dueling teacher Major Michael de Pella.
She has black shoulder-length hair and a fair complexion.
She enjoys dueling and anything militaristic. She wishes to be the first ever female officer in the Imperial Army. She also has an eccentric personality.
(this section will be updated as the MC has more interactions with ROs)
I have uploaded the first chapter. It is approx 11,130 words long. (excluding code) [Dated: 7th July 2021]
I started writing about this about a month ago, right now the Prologue is done and the length is approx. 3200 words. (excluding code)
I have planned to upload the beginning of the first chapter by the end of June. (Dated: June 23/2021)
All levels of feedback will be appreciated. I am not a native speaker of English so there will be many grammatical mistakes. (especially with commas, I think, I overuse them )
If you feel there should be more options for reactions or choices or if the characters don’t feel right then please mention it.
Gender norms in Riyasan
Riyasan is set in a Napoleonic world (not completely but mostly) so the gender norms will affect the gameplay. This does not mean that some sections of the story will be locked because of your MC’s gender, just that there will be subtle differences.
You can now play as nonbinary. However, for story reasons you will need to pretend to either be a man or a woman for the 1st and 2nd chapter. You will be able to declare your true identity in the 3rd chapter.
Here is the link to The Fate of the Empire on DashingDon.
The current length is 14,800 words excluding code.
Thanks to all the members who helped me with my coding problems!