(WIP) "The Cordillarian Revolution"

Even if the development of Nuclear Bombs is not viable, would creating nuclear power plants still be possible?

5 Likes

According to the data you sent me in a private message earlier, GDP starts at $42 billion.

On the other hand, according to UN Document A/6858, nuclear development in this era would cost $170 million a year for a minimal program and $560 million for regular projects for small and medium-sized countries.

In the former case, the burden will be 0.4% of GDP, and in the latter case, it will be 1.3% of GDP. This is a big burden, but it is not an impossible burden.

Also, this is assuming the economy remains as it is and there is no foreign aid. As Random pointed out, economic growth and foreign aid could further ease the burden.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I will try to develop the plot as I’m currently planning and see if the subject of nukes might have some space inside the story in futher chapters. Besides, as random pointed out; what kind of dictator doesn’t want nukes?

9 Likes

This seems like a very unique route, where you are literally a tyrant, because that would practically not help you at all. Like, North Korea has an excuse to have a nuclear program, we don’t. And this seems completely insane so it is completely accurate as something that would occur in our world.

In Earth’s lore, this is like thursday

1 Like

The difference I like about this game with Suzerain is that in Suzerain we already enter as president in a country with a strong status quo, we can’t do anything if we don’t negotiate with a thousand people to make a micro change, while in this game, even if one exists, it is much more fragile which opens more doors for us to be able to make more changes , in addition to being a hero of the revolution helps a lot in this process, while in Suzerain we started as just another president.

1 Like

This went from me thinking you meant that having a nuclear program would never happen to it’s so crazy that it might actually happen

3 Likes

One thing that this decade has taught me, my friend, is that the more insane the proposal, the more likely it is to happen. Tell me, would you believe, in 2010, that if someone told you that the biggest proposal of an elected president in the future was to build a wall, would you believe it?

2 Likes

My friend, in my country there were people asking for federal intervention, and that shit doesn’t exist anywhere. I researched, and so far I don’t know what federal intervention is. I saw people sing an anthem for tires. And worse, I saw people make the invasion of the capitol 2.0, when they saw that the first version came to nothing, and on top of that when the fucking place was empty.

Believe me, there’s a very thin line between political science and psychoanalysis, because they’re both about understanding crazy people in this shit.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the dictator path

2 Likes

Seeing how trump was so adamant about that wall, yea

2 Likes

The nuclear program and weapons could happen if the author could implement a successful version of the Cuba nuclear situation especially if you took the Soviet union Allie route like me

2 Likes

The situation would be similar to that if I find a way to implement it.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m looking for suggestions in a creative part of the story; as you know every revolution in history had their motto like: “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity” (France) or “Peace, Land, and Bread.”(Russia). And of course, our revolution can’t break this tradition.

So, if you played the demo and somehow involved yourself in the story so far, what do you think it should be the slogan of the Cordillarian Revolution?

7 Likes

The words would be:

“Tierra, Patria y Libertad. (Land, fatherland o motherland and Liberty)”

This is based mostly on the national anthem that you already wrote in the history data.

8 Likes

I’ll say Unity, Freedom, and equality due to the people uniting against the oppression of the old president and freeing themselves from him and the for the equality part of for all the communist fighting to make the society equal (you know basic communist philosophy)

3 Likes

I like yours better then what I created

3 Likes

I believe that it summarizes in key words the general ideals sung in the Cordilaria national anthem: The fight for the independence of the country, the fight for the people and freedom from tyranny together.

I think it is convenient that they are words that are as significant as they are ambiguous because the patriotic feeling is born from the varied interpretations of words that most people only know superficially and are influenced by one of their many political interpretations for each social sector and individual; whether conservative or revolutionary.

Thus the original oath does not change, only the interpretation that each government gives it; It doesn’t matter if it is a dictatorship, democracy or communist country. As well as being a means of government legitimacy.

2 Likes

Do you know what would be a fun idea?

2 Likes

Having the MC make a cult of personality

4 Likes

A cult of patriotic heroism in our person?

3 Likes