(WIP) Pink Star [Jan 01 / 2022]

Okay I hate being blackmailed or forced to do something someone Dirty Work going to do anything in my power to find out who is Z and destroyed them I just don’t like being threatened in the game or in real life it just makes my blood boil so I like playing my character who I am so I can going to do my best to find out who this mother f***** is

7 Likes

Bi-Weekly update - Jan 07, 2022

Hello everyone!

Promised everyone I’d be back with an update on Friday, so here we are!

First of all, the most important thing; The Save Function has been added! It was tested and should be working, but if not let me know and I’ll look into it!

It was both very easy to install and very hard to install ;-;

But anyways!

This week has mostly been just planning out stuff for future chapters - and right now I’m thinking that at some point I’ll have to split paths (with two entirely different plots), but that would actually take some time before it happens, and even then, I don’t plan on adding until chapter 5 or 6?

I’ve also been looking into Z, since a lot of you really don’t like him HAHA, I wanted to see what I could do within the plot - and I think I’ve figured out a few things :wink:

Alright! That’s all for this week - I’ll see you all in two weeks with another update!

16 Likes

Thanks for the added save feature kinda a hassle to always start from the very beginning.

It’s really hard to like someone when they’re being blackmailing and blackmailing friends and family members included and his facade of uncaring that we might all us killed or worse

1 Like

Hope that involves Sofia as well, since she helped lol

3 Likes

Games pretty solid so far, mainly dropping by to say: I hope you still workin’ on it!

2 Likes

Definitely still working on it! Just a little slower on the progress recently. I’ve been debating doing a rework of the second chapter so that’s been a little complicated haha.

But rest assured it’s being worked on :wink:

11 Likes

Cool! I’m glad to hear that! Your game has lots and lots of potential!

1 Like

So why did you make Z Syrian? Why did you have to specify the nationality? Why a villain? it’s not a very represented nationally so hoping you don’t use it for a villain role like all the movies for no reason :neutral_face:

Story needs a villain. Syrian like you said isn’t a very represented nationality, so I see no problem with it being specified. Instead of jumping to the worse conclusions how about you welcome something new, this is why authors rarely try things like this because someone always goes on a moral crusade its not that deep. Instead of seeing a Syrian who is a villain how about seeing a character who is a villain that happens to be Syrian. You and American comics can learn a thing or two about character interpretation.

9 Likes

What confuses me about it is that Syrian is not an ethnicity. It’s just a nationality. You can’t “appear” to be Syrian. No one looks at me and says “Hey that person is half Syrian.” No, I’m half Armenian. Armenian is an ethnicity. Syrian is not, and not all Syrians are Armenian. (In fact, statistically most of them are Arab.)

Of course every story needs a villain. It’s not the first time Syrians have been represented as evil characters across media I find it as annoying as having an evil Russian dude or smart nerdy Asian stereotype and that’s why I don’t like it. So unless it’s pretty pivotal to the plot it was not necessary to specify especially because it’s not well represented. And by the way most Syrians don’t look much different from other Arab nationalities so unless you know a lot of different people and the way they talk differently and even then it might not be easy to tell specifically where they are from without error.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s not, since it’s not actually even mentioned in every route.

Hello!

I figured I would touch on this.

First and foremost, Z isn’t Syrian because he’s a villain - he’s Syrian because that’s who he is, not because he’s the villain. I had the idea for the character when I first started writing - just because he ended up a villain doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have been one of the supporting cast originally.
Chris or Amelia could have been the villain. It just happens that they weren’t.

I want people who weren’t represented in western media to make appearances in the book, because most of the friends that I have aren’t of European descent. Since I was creating the characters, I could do that.
Take Jamie, for example.
You seldom see people from Malaysia being represented in Western media. Jamie is Malay. Jamie’s entire family is Malay, and their mother is an immigrant. One of my oldest friends was born in and currently lives in Malaysia.

Correct, it isn’t. However, the person that I reached out to for Z’s character requested that I say they were Syrian rather than Arab since Arab covers such a large expanse of people.

I figured I would also touch on this. My Turkish/Armenian friend says that when he’s in North America, he’s considered to be white. Whereas, in Europe, most consider him to be Turkish.

I think that stuff like this gets complicated, considering most of it depends on where you’re from, how you were raised, and how you perceive things.
That being said,

I might be a little biased in regards to this sort of stuff. I went to a high school that was considered Arabic-Immersion for a long time, and my first job had a majority of employees from the middle east or Nigeria.
I learned how to pick up on accents and personality traits from select regions, and now I can almost right away tell when someone is from Nigeria based on the way they talk and what accent they have,
I can also tell when someone’s from Syria vs. Lebanon depending on how they talk in English, how their Arabic sounds (as I’ve noticed different regions have slightly different variants on the language), and view various topics.

With all that in mind - I will go back and re-read through everything and get opinions from people who didn’t grow up/live in communities that were as diverse as mine and get their opinions on different topics.
However, Z will stay Syrian. How I introduce that just might be different.

4 Likes

Oooh! I haven’t read it yet but I saw that one of the RO is a Malaysian! I’m a Malaysian too! It’s nice to see some diversity in IF games :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Figured I’d post this here too for those that don’t have Tumblr - Sometime before the end of May I’ll be posting an altered version of the current chapters I have out. Been making a lot of small changes that should make the overall book better. Right now I’m shooting for the last week of may but we’ll see!

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.