(WIP) Path of Martial Arts: The Beginning (Dark, Eastern Fantasy | 395k words)

There’s a book in the library that explain about Devil Breakout

“From what my research has shown, Devil State triggers after a Martial Artist loses control.
Now, such a loss can occur due to a variety of reasons: trauma, loss, grief, or, the most common for a Breakout to occur, when a human gives in to his most violent, darkest desires. It’s exactly the latest cause and the fact that Beasts, unlike sentient Spirits, can’t have Breakouts that forces me to think that Devil State is tied, at least partially, to our humanity and consciousness”

The reason why Tigress and others didn’t affected by the Breakout is simple, they wasn’t violent enough. Whatever line that limits the Devil can’t be easily breached and it definitely wasn’t broken by Tigress or any martial artist in that battle

8 Likes

Ah. I won’t get the medicine for it then. it may continue

Ok the other martials artist did not meet devil breakout requirement but Tigeress basically fulfills her darkest violent urges every single blessed day which involve killing or fighting someone to the death and u are telling me that someone like tigress is not violent enough, nah bruh I can’t agree with that because it doesn’t make sense our mc had devil breakout for killing 1 bandit boss while Tigress murders people like a sport

I think the way you kill a person is a big difference:
While Tigress is savage, that’s true, she is still practical. She doesn’t go out of her way to torture her opponents, she goes for instant kill always.
With Gray Raven, we do an active choice of squeezing his head (also, I am pretty sure the rules of conduct book in the library even says that a Martial artist should never kill another if there is no good reason for it), while capturing him was a choice in that event.

16 Likes

Devil MC grinded that Raven’s skull to paste and kept smashing the poor dude’s body despite knowing he was dead and if you have Tang Rou along, he will be forced to attack MC just to stop the Breakout. Tigress didn’t exhibit anything close to that level, she can be stopped, persuaded and she know when to pick her battle

There’s a difference between recklessly ruthless and blood-thirsted madness. Tigress belongs to the former, not the latter

15 Likes

Replace woman with ROs in general and I feel like that applies to most of the options in this game lol

1 Like

Then what was the mc supposed to do if he went down the vengeance path for the villagers, how was he supposed to avenge them, the game does not provide any quick way to kill the bandit boss without devil breakout

I am just now learning that the MC can actually experience any type of Devil breakout at this point which is wierd cause I always kill gray raven but I do so to advance the extreme blood finger comprehension. I gues advancing your own martial arts is valid reason to kill someone that circumvents the breakout trigger

6 Likes

At this point morality have been thrown outside the window, this game doesn’t know good from bad, it is all connected then I will just have to make my mc adapt

But isn’t killing people to further improve martial arts counts as a darkest desire or endless lust for power, like bruh I think your mc will get the devil breakout if he continues practicing it, because there is no way a martial art would have the word demon in it for no reason beside the way it terrifies people and reduces rep if used in public

1 Like

You can assassinate him and then chase down the other bandits, tho idk if that advances the finger art

1 Like

I am only now learning you can have a devil mishap at that moment because I go for heart blood.

I need to be the strongest so I can be free, so it’s made sense to me.

Anyway you’ve already gotten the evil boost from using the demon finger I don’t think taking their heart blood counts as more evil since that’s just utilitarian at that point. I.e he’s going to die, get some use out of him.

No heart blood for assassin debut unfortunately

6 Likes

Perhaps but if a loss of control is the trigger you could argue the technique teaches you Control after all extracting the heart blood of your enemies requires near surgical precision

5 Likes

I think killing Gray Raven with Demon Finger shows cold-bloodness and pragmatism which Devil Breakout doesn’t really care about, while every other way of killing shows that you are out for blood.

6 Likes

Basically. Breakouts usually trigger when you give in to murdererous urges even when you really, really shouldn’t. The one when you kill a sect disciple demonstrates it the most.

Going forward, breakouts will only happen when it’s pretty clear you’re going overboard.
But then again, I said before, Breakouts are not necessarily a bad thing =)

25 Likes

the fact I aways end up picking the exact same choices everytime is really showing rn. Didnt even know you could have devil breakouts, let alone multiple times (I cant push myself to be mean to fictional characters).

6 Likes

Same i didn’t even know that was an option i usually just infiltrate the camp and use void step to tear out the dudes throat :rofl:

2 Likes

That must’ve been what the whole killing Fu Bing choice was about if ride the mosquito with Tigress but to another point made earlier Tigress will kill that guy herself if we don’t intervene but it doesn’t trigger a breakout for her or does it?

2 Likes

This is what I have been trying to explain, the devil breakout is useless on people who are already demonic in they actions, like I have been trying to get people to really look at tigress but some are thinking of something definitely lewd which I perfectly understand and instead of viewing her actions which are hypocritcal to the whole explanation surrounding devil break out, how on earth is she going on a killing spree without a devil breakout, this is doesn’t make sense unless her martial art are similar to devil breakout but is not possible because she doesn’t seem to be loosing control or sanity or even growing stronger or faster

If you interrogate a bandit and learn Gray Raven’s location in the camp, you can assassinate him and kill the whole bandit camp without Breakout

1 Like