[WIP] In Stasis And In Space (M/M Romance Space Opera)

You have to join the group linked here: Choice of Games Forum

3 Likes

Does it not affect the classification of adulthood between different countries because in Mexico they are considered an adult from 18 and I am already going to 19 and I know that in the United States they are considered an adult from 21?

1 Like

I believe itā€™s in your country :thinking:
Never thought about that, honestly.

2 Likes

My understanding is that joining the Adult Readers group is not a legal statement of age - itā€™s a group where forum users can opt into mature content and discussions (defined in the rules post that @Konoi linked). As an 18-19 year old you are able to join the Adult Readers group if you wish to (or leave it as you see fit).

5 Likes

Your code is so neat!

Idk if anyone mentioned, but past 12PM, the time shows up as AM.

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll do an update along with Chapter 2, or if another game-breaking bug appears :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m a sucker for the aesthetics. Honestly, itā€™s what got me hooked so badly :joy: the story is great and the cliffhanger hit me so hard, I MUST read what happens next.

Really, really great work! :grin::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I never really post on threads that much, but I must say I love this game so far! One of the best in terms of visuals, and I love the mechanics and characterization (and with a relatively small demo too!). Very, very, very impressed with this, keep up the good work author <3

7 Likes

ME TOO THE AESTHETICS are amazing

3 Likes

I figured making constant writing updates will showcase how committed I am with this project. And I really am, thanks to you wonderful people whoā€™s willing to read this despite its plethora of trashy one-liners and grammatical errors. So, here is a list of what I did since my last updateā€¦

:speech_balloon: Skip Chapters!
āÆ Small updates will be spontaneous, meaning you will lose your saved progress a lot. To rectify that, I made an option in the cover page of the game so you can skip Chapter 1 entirely. Yey!

:speech_balloon: Skills & Tactics System
āÆ Skills (Combat, Driving, Medicine, and Technology) and Tactics (Rash, Stealthy, and Planned) are now following a system of percent chance. If your character does not meet the optionā€™s requirements, you will have 10% chance of a successful outcome. Here are some examplesā€¦

A character with Level 3 Driving...

Driving

Driving Success

A character with no Medicine skill...

Medicine Failed

:speech_balloon: Personality System
āÆ In certain events, your Personality Stats (Aggressive, Casual, and Reserved) will filter your options depending on your current stats. Here is an exampleā€¦

A scene with Kell in Chapter 2...

personality_stats

:beginner: Total Word Count For Chapter 2 : 5.5k

NOTE : The list mentioned above will be implemented on the next update, including Chapter 2! Iā€™m so excited Iā€™m inwardly screaming asdfhlkj

36 Likes

:art: Art!

I spoke with a friend of mine about a concept art of the ROs. He drew Rex Reynolds, and because I love the little details he added in his drawing, Iā€™m implementing them in the narrative. Hereā€™s the artwork:

Rex Reynolds

(Rex has a little eyebrow slit above his right eye! How adorbs is that?!)

Big thanks to the artist! Please show this awesome guy some love on his Instagram page :heart:

55 Likes

Totally adorbs! :heart:
Sorry lizard-bro and squiddy, seems Iā€™m going with the human for my canon route. :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Honestly, Rex is growing on me the longer I stare at the pic :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Ah, less beard than I thought, I approve!
Still not my type, personality wise, but he looks good!

1 Like

:speech_balloon: Tumblr page!

I took everyoneā€™s word and made a Tumblr account ( go me! ) . Weekly writing updatesā€” apart from Chapter Updatesā€” will be moved there from here on out, so please help me spread the word by reblogging it.

:speech_balloon: Chapter 2 is at 14.3k words.

Donā€™t be deceived, Iā€™m not even halfway there.

The next chapter is a long one, mostly because there are many routes you can play around with between Rex and Kell. I keep getting derailed in editing my brontosaurus of codes. Plus, I wrote the word, ā€˜nippleā€™ too many times that I couldnā€™t finish a scene without, uh, taking care of my other business.

With that being said, I am deeply sorry to announce that Chapter 2 will not be released this June. Rest assured that the replayability will be worth it (unless youā€™re the type of person who gets easily attached to a specific RO and canā€™t bear to do another playthrough without romancing them again. I know I am).

:speech_balloon: Romance Overhaul

The reason why Iā€™m stalling to reveal the ROs is because my outline keeps changing, which is good! Iā€™m able to polish out any plot holes and unnecessary scenes out of the way. Inevitably, the subplot for the ROs change along with it. So, please indulge Kell and Rex in Chapter 2 for now. TĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶yĢ¶ā€™Ģ¶rĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶nĢ¶aĢ¶sĢ¶tĢ¶yĢ¶ Ģ¶iĢ¶nĢ¶ Ģ¶bĢ¶eĢ¶dĢ¶,Ģ¶ Ģ¶IĢ¶ Ģ¶pĢ¶rĢ¶oĢ¶mĢ¶iĢ¶sĢ¶eĢ¶

Stay safe, everybody! Times are still hard these days, and tougher for some people, so please be kind and considerate and Happy Pride Month! :rainbow_flag:

59 Likes

Perfect! :egg:

1 Like

So are we gonna have bed scene in chap 2? That fast? XD

3 Likes

Wow yeah, I didnā€™t expect that!

Also, Iā€™m a bit sad by the updates transitionning on tumblr since I donā€™t really follow it, but oh well

2 Likes

The MC can engage in an early woohoo with Kellā€™s whoopee in the early parts of chapter 2, but they can also have their first time later on without locking MC out of his romance route. I aim to have my romance routes accessible depending on the MCā€™s preferred pacing, whether if they want to take things in a slow burn or if they want to dive into the action left and right.

Just imagining it is horrifying in terms of doing the codes, but my own sex life is as dry as an ass crack and Iā€™m writing this with gusto.

Pray for me.

26 Likes

Iā€™m only going to do small updates and unnecessary rants there, but Iā€™m still active in the forums :smiley: