Greenwarden [NO LONGER ON COG]

not all nonbinary people have androgynous names… I’m nonbinary and have no plans to change my feminine given name, for example. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with “Amir”… (whoops hadn’t seen this had already been addressed)

so I see there was an update :eyes::eyes: where should I expect new content and/or tweaks? getting to know trace, I hope? more precious time with Bautista, I hope?

5 Likes

So trace finds mc no matter what ??? Does mc have a certain smell? Trace senses mc and is like "oh a piece of candy "

7 Likes

Oh I’m sure you’ll find out :clown_face:

5 Likes

Mc and trace

12 Likes

Fiddles I need answers. :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Always a treat whenever this WIP updates. Been keeping an eye on it for a while because 1: it’s horror, 2: the writing is great, and 3: I appreciate any game that lets you play a complete trainwreck of an MC. Trainwreck in the best possible way of course. >:D

6 Likes

Hey all! I made a poll for Chapter 1 + the Prologue. The link for it is in the OG forum post – feel free to participate. Or not!

Happy Lunar New Year! :sparkling_heart: :rat:

15 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is the poll just for getting a feel for what your readers are up to, or are you planning real changes based off of it? I’m happy to read Greenwarden regardless, I’m just curious.

Also, how dare you make me choose a least favorite character. That implies there’s a character in this story I don’t like.

5 Likes

More for getting a feel for what the readers are up to.

And don’t worry! None of the questions are required; feel free to skip as many as you like.

6 Likes

Oooh :eyes: just found this and I am hooked. I really like your writing style and the details you put into your narration.
Gotta keep my peepers on this one :blush:

5 Likes

I’ve been re-playing the game trying to see the differences in the story depending on my choices, and I’ve just now realized that Billy Carpenter’s pronouns change according to the MC’s pronouns?? I don’t know if it should be tagged as spoiler, but, anyway, I thought it was a really cool detail :eyes:

6 Likes

I have a feeling there’s going to be a bigger better and stronger monster that you’re about to leash on us

3 Likes

How’s life been treating you Fiddles I hope you’re doing well

It’s been alright, thank you for asking!! Updates have been so slow recently because I’m in school, but I’m slowly but surely chugging through the first part of Chapter 2 and will put that up on dashingdon at some point.

We also have an editor now! My friend Yates has been playing through the game and kicking my ass for having Bad Grammar™! I’ll update the prologue once he’s done reading through it and giving me editing notes.

Thanks again!

23 Likes

I know I said this last time I hope you’re doing well and safe

1 Like

Hey! Just wanted to say I’m absolutely loving this game and your work has inspired me to finally get my ass into gear and start writing a story myself.

I love the scene in the woods with Nazeri, and the entire scene with Bautista after waking up from that nightmare and launching into a panic attack, love it, and the attention to what you ordered from the diner is great.

Anyway, I’m going to be following this one from here on in and can’t wait for more! :smiley:

7 Likes

Found this WIP yesterday, played through almost every choice (except the “bad ones”, I already love my Warden and will do everything to protect them from themself); and I love it! I’m usually not into horror since I get nightmares pretty easy, but BOI I need to know what happens in this story. And Bautista? chefs kiss . That scene after MC wakes up after their nightmare and you get the option to hold Bautistas hand? SO.GOOD. ASDFGHJ. SO yeah gonna look forward to chapter 2!

5 Likes

I just finished the demo, and wow. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this one, and mark it for my WIP look-out folder for sure. It’s nice being able to play as a self-destructive asshole for a change. Most of my life was spent that way, and although I’ve changed since then, it’s nice being able to indulge in my little guilty pleasure of acting out in ways I used to do. Only thing I can point out though, is that on multiple occasions Bautista’s pronouns switched between he/him and she/her. Otherwise it was a brilliant time :3

4 Likes

Oh nice! Happy there’s an update! I remember reading this back when it was first posted,and lots of times since, but never left a comment til now. Anyway just wanted to say I love this WIP, it’s one of my favorites on the forum and I’m very excited to see more of it!

5 Likes

Omyfkejejeje

I was super invested about what was gonna happen next, but then I saw the play again button :frowning:

This is why I hate demos(notreallyimjustimpatientaf)

I love u author ;;;;;;;;;;

5 Likes