[WIP] Greenwarden [UPDATED AUGUST 23, 2019]

Hey everybody! My name is fiddles, I’m an animation student in BMore currently working on Greenwarden!

Some things you can do in Greenwarden (either already implemented or planning to be implemented in the future):

• Play as a non-binary, trans, intersex, or cis character, sometimes more than one at the same time!
  • Trans, intersex, and non-binary characters have the option for top surgery!
  • Romance four (4) unique NPCs, 3 of which are player-chosen genders!
  • A canonically non-binary romance option!
  • Hunt down a cool monster in the woods
  • Evade your old enemies
  • Remember a bunch of stuff about your mysterious past
  • More to be added in the future :shushing_face:

Stats are currently a bit unbalanced, which will be fixed when the game nears completion. Feel free to leave suggestions, comments, or concerns below!

Please read the Content Warnings list before you play if this is your first time playing.

As of May 30, 2019

The Prologue is finished! It’s quick, since Chapter 1 is still in development, but feel free to go ham!

Characters: 57,200
Words: 10,416
Lines: 918

PRIDE MONTH, JUNE 2, 2019

Hey there everybody!! Since June is Pride Month, I did a line-up of all the ROs with their respective pride flags. From left to right:

Trace, with the pansexual pride flag!
Asad and Asiyeh Nazeri with a variation of the queer people of color pride flag, and some pansexual pride face paint and a nice pan pride headscarf!
Devin with the non-binary pride flag and some bisexual pride face paint!
Marc and Marianna Bautista with the bisexual pride flag!

Happy Pride Month everybody!

JUNE 28, 2019
Part of Chapter 1 is here! You can now meet Devin and contemplate the beauty of Warden Forest, where you’ll be spending your time. Deeply contemplate it. Some might even say you’re entranced…

CHANGELOG:

• Added part of the first part of Chapter 1
  • Changed some of the wording for the gender options (specifically concerning trans women and cis men) to be less confusing (hopefully. im still accepting feedback!!)
  • You have a name now! That you can pick! Isn’t that nifty.
  • Some vagaries about your mysterious past…
  • Updated the content warning list (PLEASE READ THIS IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME PLAYING)
  • Other stuff, probably!

Characters: 113, 862
Words: 20,708
Lines: 1,933

As of August 23, 2019
Hey there y’all! Rest assured that Chapter 1 is in development, and the demo will update once at least half of the chapter is finished. Since school is starting for me again very soon, that’ll probably take awhile, but I’m chipping away at it! Slowly but surely!

In the meantime, the game has a Discord now! Check out the link below!

Check out the official Discord! | Play the demo here!

231 Likes

Saw that game yesterday, played it a few times, and I really liked it!
Interesting characters, the writing is really good, I already like the MC and am excited for more! Plus, I love that the choices for the Look really seem to matter, and every hair length has its own small text.
Spotted no writing mistakes, but maybe I just didnt noticed them.
Looking forward to what this Story becomes!

4 Likes

Platiunum should be platinum
Blonde should be blond if male

Love your writing. Very intriguing. Love to see where this goes.

Cool. I’ll be keeping an eye on this WIP.

2 Likes

i love the story hope you keep on going

2 Likes

Wait, wait wait! That’s a gender thing? I always though it was an american vs european english thing. Wow, I learned something today!

4 Likes

oh dunk i didn’t see the typos, thanks for catching them! and for playing :heart:

1 Like

thank you!!! i’m glad you like the mc, they’re fun to write :heart:

1 Like

Welp here we go. I’m hooked. Very rarely is there a W.I.P where I love all the characters, but this is one of those rare occasions. I also like the…attitude…the MC has. Self deprecation at its finest? I think so. I’ll be stalking this thread like a great Pigeon from the beyond.

10 Likes

Not much to say besides for the fact that I really love what you have so far (I especially love it when the MC isn’t a blank template but is pre-formed, to an extent ofc, and being an asshole is hilarious and fun!) and I really appreciate all the various variations you put in. I’m looking forward to the next chapter :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ah it ended so quickly I let out a world-weary sigh. I love all the characters so far and am definitely looking forward to more!

2 Likes

Ok this is the best I’ve ever seen for trans options. The usual “I was born a girl but was really a boy” never sits quite right with me, but this was amazing. Being able to look in a mirror and choose to see scars straight up gave me gender euphoria. Well done, I’m all in. Thank you.

6 Likes

Great story so far looking forward to more.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the update~

1 Like

@fiddles im already so invested! please give us the next update soon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow! The prologue is amazing. I can’t wait to read chapter one.

1 Like

rule one in horror movie or show don’t think you are the best of best I seen first of a movie say one person going keep you live before he die and he was first to die
role two don’t go lone in woods
role three if you plan save someone when on ground bleed every bad don’t save he or she it is a trap
role four don’t go back were hell hole is even if you really feel take it on
those are rule save your ass in horror movie or show

2 Likes

Ah, I have found my main RO! >:)

1 Like

OHOHOHO i’m excited to hear >:)c who’s the lucky buddy??

(you may also be pleased to note that there are two more ROs coming up in the next chapter WINK WONK)

9 Likes

Take out my time machine.

1 Like