Hey everybody! My name is fiddles, I’m an animation student in BMore currently working on Greenwarden!
Immerse yourself in the world of Greenwarden as a reluctant monster hunter, assigned to a mysterious case of a missing child deep in the Appalachians. Surrounded by enemies on all sides, you must play a cat and mouse game with something beyond your understanding. Just try not to lose yourself in the process.
- Marc/Marianna Bautista: Your partner in the field. Grumpy. M/F (Player chosen)
- Asad/Asiyeh/Amir Nazeri: An annoyance, and a Hunter – a human enhanced by a mysterious serum developed by the agency you work for. M/F/NB (Player chosen)
- Devin Graves: The scion of a powerful family with their own motives. NB (Gender locked)
- Trace: Something Other, not like you, and not like anything else you’ve ever encountered. M/F (Player chosen)
Some things you can do in Greenwarden (either already implemented or planning to be implemented in the future):
- Play as a non-binary, trans, intersex, or cis character, sometimes more than one at the same time!
- Trans, intersex, and non-binary characters have the option for top surgery!
- Romance four (4) unique NPCs, 3 of which are player-chosen genders!
- Canonically non-binary romance options!
- Hunt down a cool monster in the woods
- Evade your old enemies
- Remember a bunch of stuff about your mysterious past
- More to be added in the future
Stats are currently a bit unbalanced, which will be fixed when the game nears completion. Feel free to leave suggestions, comments, or concerns below!
Please read the Content Warnings list before you play if this is your first time playing.
As of May 30, 2019
The Prologue is finished! It’s quick, since Chapter 1 is still in development, but feel free to go ham!
PRIDE MONTH, JUNE 2, 2019
Hey there everybody!! Since June is Pride Month, I did a line-up of all the ROs with their respective pride flags. From left to right:
Trace, with the pansexual pride flag!
Asad and Asiyeh Nazeri with a variation of the queer people of color pride flag, and some pansexual pride face paint and a nice pan pride headscarf!
Devin with the non-binary pride flag and some bisexual pride face paint!
Marc and Marianna Bautista with the bisexual pride flag!
Happy Pride Month everybody!
JUNE 28, 2019
Part of Chapter 1 is here! You can now meet Devin and contemplate the beauty of Warden Forest, where you’ll be spending your time. Deeply contemplate it. Some might even say you’re entranced…
- Added part of the first part of Chapter 1
- Changed some of the wording for the gender options (specifically concerning trans women and cis men) to be less confusing (hopefully. im still accepting feedback!!)
- You have a name now! That you can pick! Isn’t that nifty.
- Some vagaries about your mysterious past…
- Updated the content warning list (PLEASE READ THIS IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME PLAYING)
- Other stuff, probably!
As of August 23, 2019
Hey there y’all! Rest assured that Chapter 1 is in development, and the demo will update once at least half of the chapter is finished. Since school is starting for me again very soon, that’ll probably take awhile, but I’m chipping away at it! Slowly but surely!
As of November 11, 2019
- Added the first Meet Trace scene; Bautista, Devin, and your own lonesome’s scenes coming soon!
- A few bug fixes
- Some more vagaries
- Semi-updated content warning list (if you need anything added here, let me know!)
- Other things
As of Janurary 03, 2020
Happy New Year!!!
- Added Bautista’s Meet Trace path
- Added a spicy new non-binary option for Nazeri! Say hello to Amir!
- Spicy, spicy secrets
- Fixed a few grammar and pronoun issues and probably caused even more. Such is the nature of ChoiceScript
- Updated the content warning list to include Mind control/invasion and Drug and alcohol abuse [READ THIS IF IT’S YOUR FIRST TIME PLAYING]
- Some other stuff, probably!
As of January 15, 2020
- Added the last Meet Trace path
- Fixed some continuity and pronoun errors
- Started writing Chapter 2!!
- I’m free!!!
Chapter 1 is officially concluded (im free!!!)! Thanks everybody who’s followed so far, with hopefully many more chapters to come! On another note, updates will slow considerably come Saturday, since I go back to school then and have other obligations. I’ll be steadily chugging out chapters though, and updates will steadily trickle in over the semester!
As of May 8, 2020
- Added a small chunk of the beginning of Chapter 2
- Some tenderness. Some romance. A little bit of yearning.
- Secrets secrets!
Hello everybody!! I hope you’re all safe at home this quarantine season, and I bring you a small treat! We’re getting into the bulk of Chapter 2 now, and now that the semester is over I’ll have a helluva lot more free time to do stuff and things. Like write!
As always, randomtest simply has never worked for me ever, so there will probably be some buggy pronouns and weird syntax. Put them below in the forum and I will get to them… Eventually. Word count as always is “uuuuuhhhh.”
As of May 30, 2020
Happy birthday to us!! It’s officially Greenwarden’s first anniversary today, which means two things: an update, and a post!
First up, the update:
- Began fleshing out certain scenes with Bautista and Trace in Chapter 2.
- Wrote the scene leading up to how the player is going to search Warden Forest.
- Added the option to randomize Bautista, Nazeri, and Trace’s genders, which should speed up playtesting.
- Fixed some grammar and pronoun errors.
- Happy anniversary!!
Secondly: as some of you may have seen, I did a poll on what The Masses wanted for Greenwarden’s anniversary, and the majority of you said you wanted snippets! I’ve compiled four snippets of varying lengths, some from Book 1, some from Book 2. You can find them over at [this Tumblr post] (https://greenwarden-cog.tumblr.com/post/619551641359794176/happy-birthday-to-us)
As of June 30th, 2020
The start of monthly updates begins… Next update coming July 30th!!
- Finished writing Chapter 2, began writing Chapter 3 (coming in the next update)
- Fixed a few pronoun and grammar errors. Noticed a few more but I’ll get to those later
- Encountered a bug where the relationship page doesn’t update to acknowledge that you’ve met Trace if you’ve randomized RO genders. Will also get to that later
- Discovered that randomtest actually works if I use CSIDE and not try to test it straight from the ChoiceScript folder
- Cry with joy!
- We have a word count now!!
- Begin playing with Twine Harlowe and Twine Sugarcube to see if I can successfully port Greenwarden to Twine if I have to.
As of July 30th, 2020
- Began writing CH. 3
- Fixed many, many pronoun errors
- Make some very minor progress with Twine
AS OF AUG 30, 2020
Small update this time!! Not much to mention about it.
- Fixed a bug causing Nazeri and Trace to not show up as met characters if you randomized the RO’s genders
- Added scenes related to your preferred search choice in Chapter 2
AS OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
After this, everything falls into place…
- Continued writing Ch. 3
- Added a new scene to Ch. 3 to hopefully make it feel more cohesive
- Added new scenes to Ch. 3 featuring Nazeri and Devin
- Revealed some secrets
- Started pre-planning for closed alpha
OCT 30 2020
Unfortunately no update this month! Midterms pulverized me forever. However there will be an update in early November that fixes (or attempts to fix) some major bugs that people have reported since the last update!
Sorry folks. Have fun in the meantime, and remember to socially distance and wear a mask!
As of NOVEMBER 30, 2020
Another smaller update, but with some important things added to the game to hopefully make it more inclusive!
- Continued writing Ch. 3
- Added the option to go gluten-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, and vegan at the diner
- Added the option to go by different pronouns as cis and trans men and women (this goes out to the he/him lesbians and she/her gays!!)
- Small details…
- Continued pre-planning for closed alpha.
As of DECEMBER 30, 2020
Happy Winter Holidays!!
- Continued writing CH. 3 (its coming to an end… SOON I prommy)
- Added a scene to chat with Nazeri after getting back from Devin’s place; Bautista’s scene will come in a later update.
- Even more continued planning for closed alpha
- Started messing with the idea of changing the gender system. Watch this space
As of JANURARY 30TH, 2021
(technically February 1st, but school started and I forgot. Brain fried, apartment cold, world cruel. RIP)
- Revamped the character creation system. You can now choose your pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them, custom) and top surgery, HRT, and gender dysphoria independently! Hopefully this feels more inclusive, and less like being interrogated.
- Added part of Bautista’s hotel chat scene in Chapter 3.
- You can smooch Bautista now!
- It might not end well…
FEBRUARY 2, 2021
After some very kind words and suggestions from friends and fans, I’ve decided to go back to the old character creation system!
I’d also like to take this moment to say I’m sorry, because in an attempt to be more inclusive I hurt people who really saw themselves in their MCs and appreciated the outspoken, explicit trans rep in the game. Taking away that explicit rep did more harm than good, which as a content creator is something I strive to avoid.
So there’s a small mini update this morning! The old character creation system returns with some (hopeful) improvements.
The closed alpha will officially start as soon as Chapter 4 ends!! More information coming soon. :>
As of MARCH 30, 2021
Hey all!! Sorry for the achingly slow updates lately – real life is trying to suck out my life-force and blood, and I’m stuck in the middle of the semester. World cruel, apartment hot, brain fried, RIP.
- To kiss or Not to kiss? You can now choose whether to mack on Bautista at the hotel or not, hopefully with flavorful consequences.
- Fixed a bug where trackers who chose not to train with Devin still had marigold flowers to take care of.
- Since that scene is done, I can focus on wrapping up Chapter 3 and move on to Chapter 4.
- Chapter 4 is the end of the open alpha, and I have plans in the works for that.
We’re Moving! A Brief Hiatus
Hey everybody! I’m sure you’ve seen the worrying title change, but it’s fine! It’s chill! I’ll copy-paste the explanation from my Tumblr page down below.
Some of you know this already but some of you don’t, so I’ll give a brief rehash: I live with 4 other people and our joint-custody cat in a very small apartment (as in the singular hallway we have is maybe not even 5 feet wide) which insofar has given us nothing but problems. I could go into detail about all the ways this building and its owner and manager have done damage to my psyche but then we’d be here for days.
In any case, we found a much better, more spacious apartment with people who know how to manage it, which is good!
It’s not an idyllic time to move, since we’re all college students and finals are coming up fast, but we don’t have much of a choice. We’d be much happier there and so would the cat.
I’ve set up a little schedule for myself that I’ll be following water-tight for the next few weeks – unfortunately it doesn’t leave a ton of time for me to work on Greenwarden. Taking school and moving into account, I think it’d be best for me to take a break from writing until I have everything done.
So, really, this post is a way for me to make the announcement that Greenwarden will be taking an official hiatus until mid-to-late May.
TLDR: Moving from shitty apartment to shiny apartment, Greenwarden won’t update until things have settled.
CURRENT CSIDE WORD COUNT, EXCL. COMMAND LINES, CONTENT WARNINGS, STATS AND STARTUP:
Too lazy, check back later.
(thanks to @Sel_Lee for retrieving my stats for me the last time!)
The game has a Discord now! Check out the link below!