WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

My favorite quote
“Want to scandalize the seagulls”
I just love it!!!

15 Likes

Well I can just say I immediately got back into my character, so fun being a villain muahahah

2 Likes

Meh, to each their own, my mc was a bit annoyed by her unsubtle advances on him to be honest.
Hope the next bit will have Herald in it.

3 Likes

just curious has anyone not made argent there nemesis? does she still flirt with you? ik i can replay and see it for myself but im lazy slogging thru the character creator XD thank you in advance.

Yes she will still flirt with you if not your nemesis.

1 Like

oh shit seriously? damn argent xD why u gotta be thirsty lol

3 Likes

How does one meet Mia?

as far as i recall go to the museum alone and rob it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any reason to rob the gala over destroying your past? I’m torn lol

1 Like

mouney…mouney mouney mouney XD

4 Likes

money XDDD @E_RedMark u beat me to it damn hahaha XD pretty much money?

2 Likes

well…I have many saves lol for each choices…thats ALOT…XD

2 Likes

STARTING STATS

Summary

CLASSIFIED

Secret Identity: Cyrus Brown
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with black eyes and short and wild straight black hair.

Cyrus Brown is a seasoned, tech-savvy tactician.

Stamina: You are rested.
Willpower: You feel rested.
Injuries: You are fine, with no significant wounds.

Strength of Mind: 55%

Subtle Manipulations: 75%

Anathema’s suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with telepathic boosters and enhanced speed, as well as jump-jets.

Need Repair: 0%Fine: 100%

Infamy: 10%Obscurity: 90%

You are poor.
You are living in your old, shitty apartment.

Arrogance: 25%Anonymity: 75%

Ruthlessness: 30%Empathy: 70%

Daring: 25%Caution: 75%

Name: Eden
Puppet Status: unknown
Description: A short, white woman in her twenties with green eyes and long wavy red hair.

Cyrus’s relationship with Ortega: it’s complicated.

Ortega and Cyrus: 75%

Eden’s relationship with Ortega: friend.

Ortega and Eden: 60%

Eden’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: flirting.

Mortum and Eden: 65%

Cyrus’s relationship with Lady Argent: distant.

Lady Argent and Cyrus: 10%

Lady Argent’s interest in Anathema.: 0%

Cyrus’s relationship with Marshal Steel: former ally.

Marshal Steel and Cyrus: 30%

Cyrus’s relationship with Herald: friendly.

Herald and Cyrus: 40%

ENDING STATS

Summary

Secret Identity: Cyrus Brown
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with black eyes and short and wild straight black hair.

Cyrus Brown is a seasoned, tech-savvy tactician.

Anathema’s suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with telepathic boosters and enhanced speed, as well as jump-jets.

Need Repair: 0%Fine: 100%

Anathema hunts the heroes of Los Diablos

Infamy: 17%Obscurity: 83%

You are wealthy.
You are living in a cheap, shitty apartment.

Arrogance: 16%Anonymity: 84%

Ruthlessness: 22%Empathy: 78%

Daring: 29%Caution: 71%

Description: A short, white woman in her twenties with green eyes and long wavy red hair.

Ortega and Cyrus: 77%

Eden’s relationship with Ortega: friend and confidante.

Eden’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: lovers.

Mortum and Eden: 66%

Cyrus’s relationship with Lady Argent: distant.

Lady Argent and Cyrus: 10%

Lady Argent’s interest in Anathema.: 58%

I chose money, cause I wanted resources to fund future plans.
Fighting an illegal organization with government backing is going to be a very expensive affair.

5 Likes

I’m sorry. I really don’t have anything helpful to say, but I’m commenting anyway because…well…I loved this, and just had to say it somewhere!

I’ve been a fan of the fist one forever, and even just a pre-alpha, half-finished, un-proofread first chapter of the follow is so good.

I particularly liked the fight between Argent and the MC getting just a bit flirtatious at the end. (That really happened right? Not just my imagination?)

And getting to really twist the guilt knife in Ortega when she broke up with my puppet was delicious is the only word.

7 Likes

I found this part a bit strange.

“You haven’t had much luck so far, have you?” you can’t help taunting him a little.
“Maybe I am just biding my time?” There’s a smile on his face, but you can see that the barb stung. “Or maybe I just want you to help me out?”
“Calm down,” you say, giving him a companionable pet on his shoulder. “You’ll get them eventually.”
“That’s what I keep telling myself.” Ortega looks away with a shrug that you suspect is just there to mask his emotions. “But it would feel better if I had you guarding my back.”
“Not these days. I wouldn’t do a good job of it…”
“But you’re sidestep!” he turns back towards you with a pleading look on his face.
“Not anymore, what would it take for you to realize that?” you plead. "Can’t you accept that I need a bit of space? That I don’t want to be dragged back into the madness that is your life?"_
“Madness?” He keeps looking at you. You decide to meet his gaze and not look away, willing him to stop prying.
“Look at where we are,” you gesture towards the ocean. “How many times have you almost died? How any times have I?”
“It’s a risk I’m willing to take.”
“Well, I’m not. Not anymore. Can’t you respect that? Please?” It’s the please that does it, his face crumbles a little, suspicions allayed for now.
“I’m sorry,” he says, and you think he means it. “I’ll give you space. For as long as you need it.”
“Thank you.” You don’t have to fake the relief, that is entirely real.
Maybe now you will be able to move on with your life.
You shake your head and tries to clear your mind. There will be enough soul-searching later.

Not because anything is wrong but because of the choices leading up to it.

They are :
1 I’m not going to put on the suit again," I say, before he continues. “I told you enough times.”
and after that
2 “You haven’t had much luck so far, have you?” I can’t help taunting him.

I mean those two choices don’t seem to add up to “Stop pestering me i need space!”. Ok maybe N°1 does but the second one doesn’t seem to add up.

Maybe a better order of the scene would be

First you get the choices “You haven’t had much luck so far, have you ?”

You could the add only the start of that page

“You haven’t had much luck so far, have you?” you can’t help taunting him a little.
“Maybe I am just biding my time?” There’s a smile on his face, but you can see that the barb stung. “Or maybe I just want you to help me out?”
“Calm down,” you say, giving him a companionable pet on his shoulder. “You’ll get them eventually.”
“That’s what I keep telling myself.” Ortega looks away with a shrug that you suspect is just there to mask his emotions. “But it would feel better if I had you guarding my back.”
“Not these days. I wouldn’t do a good job of it…”

Followed by the other two choices

• But you don’t need to be the one to do it." I lower my voice. “It didn’t go well last time. Or the one before it. I’m worried about you.”

• “I thought we were here to talk about us, not about MindFucker.” No use putting this off any longer.

followed by a third choice stating

• “I’m not going to put on the suit again,” adding MC thoughts (“Use this as an excuse to break up with Ortega”.)

And this one could lead up to the “I need space” dialogue.

Something like this (some liberal copy-paste follows)

breaking up trough "I don't want to get into the suit again" choice

“I’m not going to put on the suit again,” you say, before he continues. “I told you enough times…Just because I did you a favor doesn’t mean I’m back in business. I’m a civilian these days.”
“You’ve started training again,” he points out, looking you over. “You’re getting back into shape.”
“I realized I had let myself go,” you admit reluctantly, because you need an excuse. Since debuting as MindFucker, you have lost weight and gained muscle. Not that you thought he had noticed. Turns out you were wrong. “I am getting back in myself, not to get back in action.”
“But you’re sidestep!” he turns back towards you with a pleading look on his face.
“Not anymore, what would it take for you to realize that?” you plead. “Can’t you accept that I need a bit of space? That I don’t want to be dragged back into the madness that is your life?”
“Madness?” He keeps looking at you. You decide to meet his gaze and not look away, willing him to stop prying.
“Look at where we are,” you gesture towards the ocean. “How many times have you almost died? How any times have I?”
“It’s a risk I’m willing to take.”
“Well, I’m not. Not anymore. Can’t you respect that? Please?” It’s the please that does it, his face crumbles a little, suspicions allayed for now.
“I’m sorry,” he says, and you think he means it. “I’ll give you space. For as long as you need it.”
“Thank you.” You don’t have to fake the relief, that is entirely real.
Maybe now you will be able to move on with your life.
You shake your head and tries to clear your mind. There will be enough soul-searching later.

I don’t think it’s wrong as it is, but it’s not as intuitive as it could be When i got the “I need space” thing, i really was like Woah! didn’t expect it from the choice leading up to it.

Specially since taking this route makes your relationship with Ortega go from “It’s complicated” to “Ghost from the past”. I mean the “You can’t resist taunting him” option leads to the same dialogue as breaking up in the end.

It’s a really BIG SIDE STEP! (See what i did there teeheeheheee)

Also my stats. Oh. And the villain name is because this was supposed to be nice an anarchist who doesn’t kill anyone, so i tought maybe spraying my char’s logo over government buildings would be a way to awaken the masses rofl.

Starting stats

CLASSIFIED

Subject: MindFucker

Secret Identity: Cyrus Basri
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with green eyes and short and wild wavy light brown hair.

Cyrus Basri is a seasoned, tech-savvy tactician.

Physical Status

Telepathy

Armored Suit

MindFucker’s suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with enhanced strength and telepathic boosters.

Armor Status

Need Repair: 0% Fine: 100%

MindFucker. MindFucker is known as a meddler and rabble-rouser.

Infamy: 17% Obscurity: 83%

Standard of Living: You are poor.

Psychological Profile

Arrogance: 40% Anonymity: 60%
Ruthlessness: 16% Empathy: 84%
Daring: 21% Caution: 79%

Main Puppet

Description: A tall, white man in his twenties with grey eyes and short and neat wavy brown hair.

Allies and Enemies

Eden’s relationship with Ortega: friend.

Eden’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: friend.

Mortum and Eden: 70%

Cyrus’s relationship with Lady Argent: amiable.

Lady Argent and Cyrus: 30%

Stats after the Ortega Flashback

CLASSIFIED

Subject: MindFucker

Secret Identity: Cyrus Basri
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with green eyes and short and wild wavy light brown hair.

Cyrus Basri is a seasoned, tech-savvy tactician.

Physical Status

Telepathy

Armored Suit

MindFucker’s suit is a shadow with a mirror for a face, revealing nothing.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with enhanced strength and telepathic boosters.

Armor Status

Need Repair: 0% Fine: 100%

MindFucker. MindFucker is known as a meddler and rabble-rouser.

Infamy: 17% Obscurity: 83%

Standard of Living: You are poor.

Psychological Profile

Arrogance: 40% Anonymity: 60%
Ruthlessness: 16% Empathy: 84%
Daring: 21% Caution: 79%

Main Puppet

Description: A tall, white man in his twenties with grey eyes and short and neat wavy brown hair.

Allies and Enemies

Cyrus’s relationship with Ortega: ghost from the past.

Eden’s relationship with Ortega: friend and confidante.

Eden’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: friend.

Mortum and Eden: 70%

Cyrus’s relationship with Lady Argent: amiable.

Lady Argent and Cyrus: 30%

1 Like

If you choose the anarchist route you meet Mia in your flashback, but when you meet with her again after the fight against Argent, my MC don’t know who she is.

Yes precisely… Book 2 allows readers to have wider choice and preference to shape their own persona , It allows reader to continue become a ruthless villain or become sort of Anti-Villain who maintain his/her old soul
My sidestep used to be sort of happy go lucky hero who loves to take things light at heart, Steel never appreciated my humour ( what’s wrong with him anyway ? ) but apparently Lady Argent appreciates my humour , hence she rekindle my older self and soul in dealing with my life … well in Book 2 i resolve in fighting against criminal ( or greedy businessman ) in my own style, i think my sidestep used to do that but Steel never trust my style … at least now Lady Argent join in for my humour , if i had met Argent earlier instead of Steele…perhaps sidestep already be a Ranger back then :wink:

Strangely enough, i think my sidestep is resembling X- Men’s Morph (Kevin Sydney) , who was a funny , happy go lucky and powerful hero who was presumably demised at the hand of sentinels, apparently Morph was saved by Mr Sinister but brain washed to become a villain with lies implanted in his head… in the end Morph redeem himself and become a hero inhis own way to help X-Men once more … I think my sidestep not only has Morph’s funny personality…but also following a similar journey of Morph
morph

Well… my Excalibur 's armour is also similar to that of Morph, which i think is very fitting :slight_smile:

Caught an instance of repeated text. Happens when you try to hire Rosie.

Have you thought about signing on more permanently?” You keep the words carefully neutral, wanting to read Rosie’s reactions without emotional influence. “There is a position open, and you know the pay is good.”
Have you thought about signing on more permanently?” You keep the words carefully neutral, wanting to read Rosie’s reactions without emotional influence. “There is a position open, and you know the pay is good.”
“I like the pay,” she admits with a nervous shrug, “but the stakes here are a little too high for me. Lots of people ending up dead.” There’s a moment’s pause as she realizes what she has said, and nervously adds “Sorry. It’s a bit out of my league.”
“Perhaps you’re right.” You shrug, making sure not to seem too disappointed. You were doing her a favor, but there’s more where she came from. If you really needed a retainer you would not have given her the option to say no.
But it’s not worth the effort to change her mind telepathically.

I agree, although what I found even more strange was that she simply chose to leave right after. The main impression I got from her in Book 1 was that she is a very angry woman. I figured she would be the last person to run from a fight - especially if she is somewhat intrigued by her opponent…

1 Like