WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

I only tried Steel as rival…and Ortega and I got something like ‘It just a name on a long list of names’’ . But I like to think the big bad vilainy of vilain is the farm . right ?

1 Like

Oh certainly I agree Farm is the Big Bad, but it seems to me like some mcs can have grudge toward their rivals too enough to want payback toward them.
I also remember mc can have option to question why they have such a grudge toward themselves or their rival in revenge path so unlike with Farm their revenge toward their rival possibly isn’t written on stone (I mean I’m guessing it probably depends more on what kind of mc you got)

1 Like

or maybe the kill zone faded as soon as you plummed down ? I mean the time between the mc jumping from the window and Steel killing the HB…must have been short .

They could have been here for either HB or MC. HB is probably also one of the Farm’s experiments, maybe even in the same ‘series’ as the MC (both of them are powerful telepaths).

the farm most likely also has better precautions and defense against telepathy too (considering sidestep and most likely other regens have the ability), which is how they got so close. If they are behind Heartbreak it could be they underestimated what their experiment would produce

Love that Steel theory…

Yeah, obviously the farm is the big bad, but Sidestep’s reveal as Villains is to beat the Rangers senseless, as opposed to, IDK, mind control several famous people and have them spout truth about the farm all over the media.

If it’s just a case of misdirected rage then it looses a bit of oomph, but if we end up finding there is some truth (even if tiny, or marginal, or if the culprits didn’t really intend for it to happen) then you don’t need much more to go on the revenge path.

Or if the MC finds some way to completely lie to themselves about it being their fault…

3 Likes

I disagree with Sidestep being self-aware. I mean, they’re already detached from reality and even themselves, so being detached and self-aware is kind of weird combination. Even without the condition that the shrink said Sidestep suffered from, most people who think they’re self-aware aren’t usually self-aware. So, it could be that Sidestep’s whole perspective of reality is messed up and therefore, their perceptions of everyone else is also messed up.
Basically, I’m saying we shouldn’t trust Sidestep’s assessment of Ortega, Steel, or any of the Rangers for that matter.

And @DanKiwi47 I definitely second your theory. There’s plenty of clues pointing to Steel not only being guilty, but also trying to search for something the government is hiding after Sidestep disappeared. Whether that means Steel has some sort of idea about the Heartbreak incident or not, that remains unseen.

9 Likes

Why would my mc apologize? To who? Ortega? The Rangers, he just did what he thought what right and what he had to do in order to maintain his masquerade.
He generally did what he had to do as a non-human fugitive on the run from the government trying to blend in.
Well…okay, Herald’s leg is my mc’s one exception to that. So you’re right, maybe in time. Definitely not ready to apologize for that right now, even if they are sort of dating now. :sweat_smile: :thinking:

2 Likes

Well in a healthy relationship your MC should apologize for the broken bones at the very least… :smiley: :smiling_imp::grinning:

I think that bit of roughhousing is covered by the whole, generic, superhero and villain thing. If you want safety and no physical harm you’re in the wrong line of work. If we start with that my mc would first have to apologize to every villain, thug and punk he might have hit a bit too hard back in those days as Sidestep.

In general my mc’s feelings for Danny boy are firmly in the “it’s complicated” territory. As while Herald, infuriatingly enough, turned out to be adorably cute and endearing most of the time my mc still has to fight the occasional urge to punch the kid too. :sweat_smile:

Bold of you to assume my mc is even remotely capable of “healthy” relationships. :grinning:

3 Likes

Honestly, where is the lie. That was SO not planned istg. But what ever goes according to plan… I should have known better by now ahhh.

3 Likes

I guess I should have explained better…

mc is self aware , as in…they know they don’t fit in reality . They are aware that maybe something is wrong with them . They are aware that they maybe paranoiad but they were caught in the past , they won’t let it happen . they are aware they can lie , they can pretend but it isn’t like before when they were a hero…when they were sidestep . it doesnt fit anymore , they cant sleep , they are exausted , and they can’t stop at this point .

self aware of their own pain , while the world is blind to it . That kind of self aware . You can be aware of being paranoiac…that it just your imagination . But you cant stop your reaction , the fast heartbeat , the checking what was that !!! .

9 Likes

First of all I loved the first game. Second of all I liked what you did in this one. This time we get to interact with all the rangers therefore making me feel more guilty when I have to whip their ass

3 Likes

Found a bug/glitch on my Thief and Robber walkthrough. I chose breaking and entering, dropped straight into the van, then leaped from the van when the projectile was fired at me, I pretended to be trapped to draw Handyman in, decided to lure him in even closer, and then this weird jump happened:

3 Likes

Found and inconsistency between the books.

Basically:

Puppet/Ortega dialogue in : Rebirth.

“Experienced enough to know a mustache like that will give your identity away to anyone with eyes? At least try wearing some glasses or something, if you want to remain anonymous.”

“I wasn’t trying to hide….” He’s starting to look flustered. “It just never came up. Besides, I don’t need glasses.”

Puppet/Ortega dialogue in : Retribution

“I didn’t know you needed glasses,” you say, giving ${him} a teasing smile over the rim of the menu. $!{he} really has changed ${his} body language, slouching in ${his} chair with a decidedly non-heroic hunch.

“I wear them sometimes,” ${he} says, which you know is a lie. Ortega has always had perfect vision, laser surgery took care of that. The glasses are an affectation, nothing more. A disguise.

So which is it Ortega? Do you or do you not need glasses? HUH?! Puppet dumps Ortega throwing a drink at his face
:sunglasses::star_struck::sunglasses::star_struck::sunglasses:

9 Likes

The lies they tell our separate identities! :anger:

1 Like

seem like Ortega is valuing ‘anonimity’ more and more with age…

remember that the memory of sidestep , is years ago . when ortega was in their prime and enjoyed the spotlight . and maybe now…they are getting weary of it ? Or just changed more over the year…so it normal it come as a surprise .

to Ortega the puppet is a civilian…

to the mc , there is baggage there . The surprising part is how they lie and badly…and still think we dont see the lie lol

Well, it’s not like Ortega is thinking that is her/his most beloved crush, she probably is thinking that the puppet is nothing more then a civilian…

finding words that rhymes is such a pain…:sweat_smile:

Ortega want sidestep from the past
but alas nothing really last
the memories are all thats left
leaving them behind is best
there will be no request
taking the ranger down will be the test
but those from the farm will be put to rest
erasing them will be like finding the nest

–
cry cry little sidestep

you cant run from the nightmare
you cant turn from despair

you can only burn in the dark
you can only learn from the marks

you can’t run from this
you can’t scream in the abyss

turn around and pay them back
turn around and slash them back
turn around and take yourself back

-remorse-

ah though I try to make something about ‘heartbreak’

Summary

the heart break and doesn’t mend
the body ache to the bitter end
the soul is overspent
all thats left is the whisper in your skull

you remember the kinship
you remember the blood drip
you remember the prayer slip

hands on you , carrying you
poison in your blood , lulling you
‘welcome home’ , shackles embracing you

but you remember her
but you felt her
but you dreamed her
but you were her

the heart break and doesn’t mend
the heartbreak will mend
the heart will break what cannot mend

-dissasociation-

9 Likes

Good poems, the rhyme is fine :slight_smile: ! But you reminded me of some stuff I had written that matches Fallen Hero’s themes, so I’ll do you one better… haikus!

Read More

Silence of the Farm
dig this grave and burn these bones
there is no ghost here

the curtain falls to
the heroes who forgot their lines;
we all play a part.

2 Likes