WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

XD The Regen breaking free and just deciding to start a criminal racket. Like GOTO lol i know itā€™s a joke but i love that idea

1 Like

and dont forgetā€¦she look like Aria Tā€™loak! :rofl:

although , the hollow ground could just be your normal mafia too . I mean , its an open field for nowā€¦until we get to meet them .

but should be funā€¦for one , its ortega dragging us into trouble ! lol

1 Like

ā€œHis heart rateā€™s through the roof. Heā€™s flatlining.ā€

ā€œGod almighty, did he bring it back with him?ā€

Nine dull, black rectangles, fizzling out one by one.

The fluorescent lights staining red blood black. Four men and women frozen like Hiroshima shadows, turning towards the center. One door behind them all, now closed.

The test subject that HB was made of didnā€™t have control over their powers, I donā€™t debate that. And their body is probably in pieces or in a jar or something. But that ā€˜bring it back with himā€™ thing from HBā€™s memory really nags at me; it might be that HB itself is already two entities in one body.
And maybe one of them carried over.

Or maybe Iā€™m just getting overly paranoid.

Iā€™d like to think HG is a fellow rebel regene too, but they havenā€™t exactly been lying low. The farm would definitely know who they are by now, and if theyā€™re a rebel it doesnā€™t make sense for the farm/government to leave them alone so nicely.

6 Likes

Urghhh Iā€™m with you on that one!!! I have been scraching my poor head for an explanation as to what the ā€˜bring it back with themā€™ā€™ ā€¦and I come up empty!! Its sooo frustrating! but in a good way lol

the thing isā€¦whatever ā€˜ā€˜ITā€™ā€™ wasā€¦was scary ? terrifying ? maybe an Alien mind or something ? I mean what were they doing there anyway ? using a telepath toā€¦enterā€¦breachā€¦somethingā€¦someoneā€¦? and insteadā€¦it breached the telepath back to them right ?

What I could glean from the HB dream:

There was a previous experiment, which failed because the subject moved. They tried to fix it by keeping the subject in sleep paralysis.
(incidently, the previous subject is always MC-gendered).

The subject was super-cooled to a near death state. At least partially to suppress brain activity.

The test subject was remembering the scene from out of body. With their eyes closed. While in a REM state.

There were gates, which created some kind of ā€˜oscillation fieldā€™. The last gate created a ā€˜theta fieldā€™.
(theta fields are apparently associated with the hippocampal formation, which is associated with memory.)
Their purpose was apparently to ā€˜go deeperā€™ on a psychic level.

The subject ā€˜breachedā€™ something. Momentarily. And brought something back with them, probably unwillingly.

ā€˜Itā€™ was lonely. And hungry. And it ā€˜ateā€™ the scientists, probably more in a mental instead of physical sense.

And then, when the MC came into contact with HB:

You relaxed too soon, you thought you had killed it, you let your guard down, and now it is inside and you canā€™t close the gate again, all nine of them are open, and itā€™s coming for you, andā€¦

The whole thing was also strongly religious (nine walls, nine gates, a lot of praying) , though that might just be like the ā€˜I have become deathā€™ thing from the nukes.

12 Likes

Well if you consider your memories as an essential part of who you are, then having the HBK memories means you are at least in some way, HBK.

1 Like

it brough back an Ability that they supressed ? :thinking: or another personality ?

oh yeahā€¦speaking of praying , who did the praying ? the scientist ?

I have this vague theory that they were trying to research the existence of the mind independent of the body(brain). To create purely psychic beings, or to probe the afterlife. But that doesnā€™t really explain was ā€˜itā€™ was.

The scientists prayed a lot, yes.

Actually, no, they only did it twice. But I guess it really stood out.

2 Likes

Did you know that HG and MC both shares the same face?

1 Like

I though it was only eyes color ?

Race and gender. Donā€™t know if they have the same face though.

Whereā€™d eye color come from?

1 Like

uhā€¦spur of the moment thing? :sweat_smile:

donā€™t make me go back and look! I be at it till night come!

Yeah as far as the first game is concerned itā€™s skin color and gender, and their age is given as looking 40ish if I remember right, to our 30ish

2 Likes

But what did they brought? Some lovecraftian horror type thing?

1 Like

Stupid question, how does the MC get flung off the window during the HBK? Well, i know that in the suicide route they just throw themselves off and in some other route they get mind-controlled(the control freak one?), but what about the rest?

Does anyone know if we get flavor text for naming our Villain after HBK?

1 Like

Heartbreak has the same gender as the puppet, but the eye color of the MC.

IIRC in the suicide route, Sidestep tried to kill themselves with a gun but were stopped by Ortega. Then they proceed to throw themselves out of the window. For the other routes, it proceeds directly to them going out of the window - but in either case, Sidestep was mind-controlled into killing themselves.

not at the moment I think!

2 Likes

Wait, wait, WHAT?! How did I never know Heartbreakā€™s gender was determined by the Puppet? O_O Thatā€™s scary news to me. I had assumed it was determined by the MC.

4 Likes

Yeah I always make my mc and puppet be the same gender and look as similar as possible. I havenā€™t played the first game in a while was the farm coming for Sidestep or were they coming to neutralize HB but just so happened to find Sidestep there? How did the farm know that Sidestep was one of their Re-Gene since Sidestep was always covered and didnā€™t really make public appearances?

Any thoughts on the Puppet sensing danger in the new update?