Okay, here we go.
I am putting this out here for some alpha continuity testing, because it’s a complicated labyrinth of stuff that gives me a headache and this way I can continue on pushing onwards.
What this is:
- This is the start of book two of Fallen Hero, called “Retribution”. If you haven’t played “Rebirth”, don’t bother looking, you won’t understand anything.
- This is chapter one, where I try to wrap up the previous book, the nine months that have passed, and give you the opportunity to set your new villain stats and all the things that comes with it.
- This is an alpha level chapter, there is no grammar checking, spell checking and a lot of things are going to get filled out, changed and rewritten before we’re done. Be warned.
- You can either have a randomized character or make a new character. There is no appearance set with the randomized one, I didn’t bother to add that since it doesn’t matter yet.
- The character generator do NOT contain all character variations. A lot of things won’t matter yet and haven’t been added. You can also make character combinations you could not get in book one, that is also not important.
- Stats are not there and not balanced. A lot will be added.
- There are very few minor variables, they will be added in tbe beta, unless they are of vital importance to a particular chapter.
What I want: EDITED
- The reason I am putting this up is to continuity test it. Don’t bother with grammar, spelling or awkward prose (pronoun errors are fine). It’s going to get rewritten anyway.
- Please check for very long pages of text, I haven’t added many page breaks, so let me know if you find things that gets tedious.
- Check for continuity issues, when people know things they shouldn’t, or ignore things they should have reacted to.
- If you find any abrupt transitions in the text, please let me know. This is the reason why I am putting this up, with the varibles it becomes hard to predict what the outcome will be at times.
- Any passages that makes you confused or sticks out as awkward?
Current stats June 16:
Average playthrough varies a lot, but seems to be around 8550 words long.
Word count: 119295
Word count without code: 106016
Update July 27
So, the alpha is updated!
Length including command lines: 152 152
Length excluding command lines: 136 721
Average playthrough: 18400 or so
Hunted down a lot of the things you pointed out (thank you), but there are still a few known issues I haven’t fixed:
- Can still make an unrealistic character.
- Lady Argent flirt/fight will be extended and less abrupt once I get in character.
- The stat sheet is not updated for book two.
Some random new things apart from fixes and a new chapter:
- Can now choose to have won against Argent in the past and taken sample.
- Can steal your cape back.
- Steel can be your rival.
Update September 10
Total words: 187690
Total with no code: 169924
Average Playthrough: 22500
- Can now choose heartbreak scar.
- Added content related to this and some prepwork for the next update (shrinktime!)
- Potential big bloody reveal, so BEWARE BACKGROUND SPOILERS! One truth will be out there.
- More content, about a third of a chapter. Dr. Mortum!
Update 20 october
Total words: 223464
Total with no code: 203924
Average Playthrough: 25412
- fixed some continuity bugs
- the shrink chapter is here!
Update 11 November 2018:
Corrected and added variables. Now hopefully the beginning relationship scenes with Ortega should work properly if friends. Also added variables for if you make Argent kill a civilian, and tidied up the interactions with her when you visit the Rangers.
Added variable path if you don’t visit the shrink.
Added post-shrink scenes.
Added the first of the post-shrink paths. Right now Steel and Herald’s paths are done. Working on Ortega’s. Then I’ll move on to the puppet variants, Dr. Mortum and interacting with your team/henchmen. Note, that though you will have to make a choice which one to do here, you’ll get a chance to see slightly different variants at later dates.
255 415 with command lines
233 086 without command lines
28290 in an average playthrough.
Update 30 November
- Tweaked some values whether Ortega will break up with the puppet over the mc or not at the start.
- Added another reaction to the Argent chokehold.
- Fixed some minor bugs and pronouns.
- Reshuffled some scenes, putting the Herald training scene before the shrink/nightmare so it won’t compete against the other choices later.
- Added the post shrink/nightmare Ortega scene.
*NOTE that the option to go into your puppet is still not available/written, that is why it’s greyed out.
279063 with command lines
255698 without command lines
29800 in an average playthrough.
A smallish update for the weekend 8 dec:
- Added the Ortega/Puppet scene at the end of the shrink/nightmare section.
- Fixed the bugs reported.
- Adjusted Herald scene and Bar scene for continuity issues.
Now up to 287863 (263984) words, no change in playthrough length.
Update 21 december!
- No bugs or errors fixed.
- Last post shrink scene added, you can now go and meet Dr. Mortum if you don’t have a frosty or business associate relationship.
- So tired. Need sleep.
Total word count: 303801
Excluding code :279231
Update 3 January 2019!
- You can now punch Herald when he grabs and takes you to the roof.
- Assorted bug fixes
- You can now change your hair, and establish what you wear these days.
- You can talk with Ortega about your funeral.
- The first half of the auction is up, the puppet-centric half.
Total wordcount with code: 348732
Total wordcount without code: 320777
Average playtthough: Around 35500 or so.
Update 4th february 2019
- Adjusted and filled in Argent romance path.
- Finished the auction for people going there as the mc.
- Added some new variables regarding killing among other things.
- Various minor tweaks to content.
Note: The auction still has holes in it, but I will fill them out later. It is also VERY complicated, please let me know if you find things that doesn’t add up or flow. My head hurts, I am not responsible for that mess.
416 346 with command lines
383 221 without command lines
Around 36500 in a random playthrough
Other than that, the rules for what I am looking for is the same as above. Just remember to include a short text snippet of the problematic section, otherwise I will never find it even if you describe the general issue.