WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

A smallish update for the weekend 8 dec:

• Added the Ortega/Puppet scene at the end of the shrink/nightmare section.
  • Fixed the bugs reported.
  • Adjusted Herald scene and Bar scene for continuity issues.

Now up to 287863 (263984) words, no change in playthrough length.

40 Likes

@malinryden I appreciate that you constantly and often update the game, even if it’s only minor bugs. It warms up my heart to see that project really alive and is developing! Sadly, a lot of good projects just gone out of my memory by now because of temporary (or not) hiatus. Just wanted you to know this, and I wish you inspiration, don’t stop to amaze us and most important - your own self! :hugs:

7 Likes

this…option is grayed out…normal ?

This explains the readouts I saw at the hospital

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH you just made my day better!!!

4 Likes

Found a missing verb while reading code. So random.

“What? Did you still I’ll be living in squalor?” You give {him} a reproachful look. Maybe if {he} thinks you can make it on your own, {he} won't see you as such a charity case. Try to protect you. !{he} can’t. Not from the things that actually threaten you. “It’s been years. I actually have time to earn money now that I’m not out running around in tights.”

Should probably be:
“What? Did you still THINK I’ll be living in squalor?”

1 Like

I think there might be an oversight regarding the new dinner scene with Ortega and the MC.

At the start of the playthrough, Ortega dumped MC for the Puppet (a little weird seeing how he/she was only flirting with the puppet and didn’t go to the gala with them or anything, but whatever) which was fine. However, when the actual dinner scene happened and MC gets annoyed with them flirting with the staff, he/she instead uses this to confess to crushing on the MC like the breakup never happened? I can’t help but feel this was for some other variation, like an MC who has a crush on them or something. I double checked to see if it might’ve just been a bug or something, but no, that’s what happens.

1 Like

Lady Argent a romance?

YES! Thank the lords. Not in the demo currently though.

“I can’t do this anymore,” I say, pretending to be scared of him. “Don’t call me.”

Pronoun error in new scene (had female Ortega)

There is a reference to Mannequins in the new scene which i really didn’t understand until re-reading the first book, where the museum is in chaos and mannequins might have fallen on the floor.

Also it says
“this time there are no mannequins topped on the floor, but bodies”
But depending on your choices, there might have been real bodies at that museum.

I’m not sure if it’s either too obscure or that’s the effect you wanted :smiley: or if it means something else entirely.

1 Like

I think the memory of mannequins are from the very beginning of book 1 where mc possessing Lady Argent crashes through a shop window and sent mannequins flying around :thinking:

3 Likes

honestly that one went over my head…I don’t recall it from book 1 at all :sweat_smile: I though it maybe a memory from the past at the farm…shrug

1 Like

More Mannequins!

Book 1

"

Summary

But that doesn’t mean you are going to be stupid about it. While just walking over and destroying your mannequin would be satisfying, it would also give away all those clues you want to erase. So you will be smart and mask your intentions."

So Sidestep hates mirrors. And he also hates Mannequins… Hmm…

5 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhhh now i remember!!! From the choice ‘Destroy your past’’ …

well I guess it be changed in the futur , if you don’t pick that choice . But nice find :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t that part solely about SIDESTEP’S MANNEQUIN tho xD not just… Any mannequins xD

well you can assume that the others figures in that gallery were made of manneqin and when the mc destroy their own…i mean…didnt we kick Herald into the rest ?

Sidestep hates ALL the mannequins :smiley:

Summary

You walk amongst the screaming throngs of people, pushing malleable minds, ignoring the ones who run for their lives or are frozen in terror. You only need a few because people are pack animals and follow the crowd. A crowd led by you.

Walking through the exhibits, you watch people break displays and tear mannequins apart. Solarstorm gets pulled down on the floor and trampled underfoot, a fate not unlike what happened in real life. But here, only plastic gets smashed, no broken bones, no screams of pain. Only rage.

What’s surprising is how much the rage resonates with you. You always saw yourself as cold and calculating, but surrounded by this seething mass of people, you see something of yourself in them. The fear. The frustration. The wish to destroy everything that ever tried to hurt you.

Before your eyes, Sidestep is pulled from his pedestal, the brightly-patterned suit ripped to shreds by frenzied hands. It feels…good.

No, not just good. You feel a profound sense of relief as the crowd breaks and tears and stamps your former self into the ground before moving towards the next display.

4 Likes

I enjoyed killing sidestep. Can’t let some else do it. And no @E_RedMark you don’t push him in. Herald comes much later

no no…I’m pretty sure , that Herald show up and say ‘Whats up ? This is restricted area…you shouldn’t be here !’’ and my mc shurgged and said ‘Don’t you wanna play Bowling in here ? Seriously ? look at all these mannequins…they are begging you to drop them in a strike!’’ …

Herald get a blank look…(it take him a while to translate stuff)…which gave mc time to get behind him…kick him to the curb , yell ‘HOME RUN!’’ …she could hear Herald yelp in surprise then mutter something like ‘wrong game darling’’ …before she kicked him against the mannequin…making a domino effect…since he love to FLOAT…BADABOUM!

cough…what ? that be awesome ! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@malinryden For a MC in love with Ortega at the dinner with Ortega when Ortega apologizes to the MC, I would like the Choice for the MC to apologize to Ortega as well. I’m sure some MCs could think of a FEW things for which the MC might want to apologize (such as not telling Ortega more of the truth back in the day, getting too far from Steel during Heartbreak thus letting Anathema fall to Heartbreak’s influence, not being able to be the person Ortega wants the MC to be…).

6 Likes