WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

I’m sorry

Who cried with me around Argent? Raise an emoji hand. Also can you meet Ortega in this?

3 Likes

u cant meet ortega but u see them in a flashback i think…

4 Likes

No touching my Ortega!!! I want her huggles!!!

1 Like

Oooooh! Too curious not to have a look at this. Going to try and actually be useful:

“You’ve gotten stranger,” you reply, striking as she parries, moving with you in a way you haven’t experienced since fighting Ortega. There’s a feeling there that it takes a moment for you to recognize.

“You’ve certainly gotten stranger.” There’s a feeling there, in that moment between you that it takes a moment for you to recognize. Is… she flirting with you?

Repeating dialogue.

“Everything went according to plan,” you say, which is technically not a lie. You had to get off the bridge somehow, and Lady Argent was not a part of the plan, so she doesn’t count. A stern glare makes sure you are not questioned further.

“Good news, boss.” She looks happy that this is over, the relief is palpable, even if she doesn’t quite believe you.

“Everything went according to plan,” you say, flexing and unflexing your hand. Lady Argent was not a part of the plan, but you dealt with her quickly enough.

“Good news, boss.” She looks happy that this is over, the relief is palpable.

More repeating dialogue.

You’d like to deny it, but you should be honest with yourself. You wish you didn’t have feelings for her, that would make things a lot easier. You’ve had months, months in which you could have worked on severing your ties, drifting away again. You could have pretended to hate him, or just that you didn’t want anything to do with her and her world again.

Pronoun error.

Especially Ortega’s face as her suit started to fall apart after he reached for a dissolving Elyise. An instinctual act. To help. She was screaming.

And then he was.

And then you were.

Pronoun error.

I also noticed that selecting Vengeance for motivation caused the motivation-dependent text to come up blank.

I’ll push Ortega to make a choice between us. I need to know how she feels.

Is there any way to actually unlock this choice in this build, or is it impossible due to missing character generator options? I’ve tried several different combinations but none have worked.

(On a sidenote, I assume this…

The character generator do NOT contain all character variations. A lot of things won’t matter yet and haven’t been added. You can also make character combinations you could not get in book one, that is also not important

…means that it’s known and intentional that there are missing options in the character generation when it comes to the relationship between Ortega and MC as well as Ortega and Puppet? Just want to make sure I’ve understood right.)

Another question: Is the Heartbreak scar randomized here? I noticed some dialogue variations that seemed like they were tying back to the outcome of the Heartbreak Incident, but maybe I’m wrong. Primarily noticed it during convo with Anathema and Ortega.

“We were.” You look directly at her. “Not anymore. I lost that part of me. Sacrificed it. There’s nothing left.” It sounds like the truth, but she looks doubtful. “I’m alone in this.”

vs

“They’ll try to talk me out of it. Besides, it’s gone too far.” You look away, finally. “I’m seeing this through to the end. No matter what I need to do to get there.”

vs

“They won’t understand. They have lives. Futures. I don’t.” You look away, finally. “But I’ll make one, by force if necessary.”

and

“You don’t get it,” you say with another sigh, burying your face in your hands. A moment of respite from the glaring sun. From looking at her. Because shedoesn’t get it. It’s not about protecting. It’s about destroying. Her. Everything she’s worked for. Everything.

vs

“You don’t get it,” you say with another sigh, burying your face in your hands. A moment of respite from the glaring sun. From looking at her. Because shedoesn’t get it. It’s not about protecting. It’s about destroying. Her. Everything she’s worked for. And then take it for your own.

vs

“You don’t get it,” you say with another sigh, burying your face in your hands. A moment of respite from the glaring sun. From looking at her. Because shedoesn’t get it. It’s not about protecting. It’s about destroying. Her. Everything she’s worked for. It should hurt more than it does. That you know

As for stats, here are starting stats:

And ending stats:

1 Like

Everyone, please note that the author has requested we DO NOT provide spelling, grammar, or prose corrections since all of this is going to be re-written anyway. Just a friendly reminder :relaxed:

21 Likes

Has anyone been able to unlock the option where you ask Ortega in the flashback that you want to discuss your relationship with them – that you want something more and you think O does too

i think you have to have its a thing in the choices with ortega to unlock it? not 100% sure

I did have it unlocked. The options related to Ortega that I choose were having a thing before, then kissing at the hospital, and I made Ortega be suspicious of villain MC. I’m not sure if there’s something else that matters, but choosing those ones I had the choice unlocked.

1 Like

“I don’t care about rumors,” you say as you surreptitiously palm one of your many smoke grenades. “I am one.”
God that was epic. Quick question though I guess it cant really be answered: are there going to be consequences for having a romance as both your puppet and yourself? I feel kind of bad doing it that way?

6 Likes

“Why?” You survey your surroundings, pondering possible avenues of escape. You have no reason to fight her here, not right now anyway. And yet you find yourself lingering.

And yet you find yourself smiling.

Sounds weird in my opinion

“I thought we were here to talk about us, not about Mercenary.” No use putting this off any longer. “I’m not sure I’m the one that’s avoiding this conversation.” The words are teasing, but the tone of her voice is soft, almost brittle. “We need to be two to talk.”

I think that’s said by Ortega? Its unclear. A paragraph would make it clearer.

You’ll have to drop home for a few hours of sleep later, but right now you need to get out of your armor.

When you decide to live in your base this seems off

In the Anarchist-path you get this:

It looks like the only one that agrees with you is ace journalist Mia Ochoa, one of the invited experts. There’s excitement in her eyes instead of fear.

And then later you don’t recognize her and have to search her mind for a name.

You patiently wait long enough for the reporter to pull her bike to a halt and pull off her helmet. Shaking out her hair she walks towards you, already reaching for the mike. Only then do you reach out and grab hold of her, pulling her close.
You recognize her thoughts, she’s been hounding you for months, trying to pin you down. Interested. Obsessed.
“I thought I told you to stay away,” you growl, holding her tightly by the front of her leather jacket, her toes barely brushing the ground. She’s not tall, but her chin has a stubborn set to it. Southeast Asian? Probably. You dig out a name, Mia Ochoa, and a magazine, LD Confidential.

/

You patiently wait long enough for the reporter to pull her bike to a halt and pull off her helmet. Shaking out her hair she walks towards you, already reaching for the recorder. She’s not tall, but she walks with purpose. Southeast Asian? Probably. You dig out a name from her mind, Mia Ochoa, and a magazine, LD Confidential.

Small continuity-error-thing (?) in the way it is written.

You don’t have to look back to see Mr Vanderpoel’s eyes widen as he adds things up.

You dont have to look back to see? Sounds weird, I would exchange it for “You dont have to look at Mr Vanderpoel to sense his eyes widening as he adds things up.”

When choosing the hero hunter path this comes up when choosing using the railing as a bat

As the van approaches, you calculate the correct distance before jumping off your perch, a smile hidden underneath your helmet. It never ceases to amaze you, the way you can just do death-defying stunts like this and walk away intact. Sometimes you love your life.

But he is on a bike

Stats-beginning

Subject: Mercenary

Secret Identity: Test Testname
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with blue eyes and short and neat straight dark brown hair.

Test Testname is a seasoned, tech-savvy fighter.

Physical Status
Stamina: You are rested.
Willpower: You feel rested.
Injuries: You are fine, with no significant wounds.

Telepathy
Strength of Mind: 55%

Subtle Manipulations: 75%

Armored Suit

Mercenary’s suit is utilitarian and nondescript.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with enhanced strength and armor.

Armor Status
Need Repair: 0% Fine: 100%

Mercenary.
Infamy: 30% Obscurity: 70%

Standard of Living: You are wealthy.
You are living in your old, comfortable apartment.

Psychological Profile
Arrogance: 25% Anonymity: 75%

Ruthlessness: 20% Empathy: 80%

Daring: 75% Caution: 25%

Main Puppet

Name: Jane
Puppet Status: unknown
Description: A short, white woman in her twenties with blue eyes and long wavy blond hair.

Allies and Enemies

Test’s relationship with Ortega: it’s complicated.
Ortega and Test: 75%

Jane’s relationship with Ortega: friend.
Ortega and Jane: 60%

Jane’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: friend.
Mortum and Jane: 70%

Test’s relationship with Lady Argent: amiable.
Lady Argent and Test: 30%

Lady Argent’s interest in Mercenary.: 0%

Test’s relationship with Marshal Steel: distant.
Marshal Steel and Test: 10%

Test’s relationship with Herald: friendly.
Herald and Test: 40%

Stats-ending

Subject: Mercenary

Secret Identity: Test Testname
Description: An average, white man in his thirties with blue eyes and short and neat straight dark brown hair.

Test Testname is a seasoned, tech-savvy fighter.

Physical Status
Stamina: You are rested.
Willpower: You feel rested.
Injuries: You are fine, with no significant wounds.

Telepathy
Strength of Mind: 55%

Subtle Manipulations: 75%

Armored Suit

Mercenary’s suit is utilitarian and nondescript.
In its left hand, the suit has a neutered colony of nanovores functionally similar to having a disintegration touch, as well as being equipped with enhanced strength and armor.

Armor Status
Need Repair: 0% Fine: 100%

Mercenary. Mercenary is known as a thief.
Infamy: 25% Obscurity: 75%

Standard of Living: You are rich.
You are living in a luxurious apartment.

Psychological Profile
Arrogance: 28% Anonymity: 72%

Ruthlessness: 18% Empathy: 82%

Daring: 80% Caution: 20%

Main Puppet

Name: Jane
Puppet Status: unknown
Description: A short, white woman in her twenties with blue eyes and long wavy blond hair.

Allies and Enemies

Test’s relationship with Ortega: it’s complicated.
Ortega and Test: 77%

Jane’s relationship with Ortega: friend and confidante.
Ortega and Jane: 60%

Jane’s relationship with Dr. Mortum: friend.
Mortum and Jane: 70%

Test’s relationship with Lady Argent: amiable.
Lady Argent and Test: 30%

Lady Argent’s interest in Mercenary.: 46%

Test’s relationship with Marshal Steel: distant.
Marshal Steel and Test: 10%

Test’s relationship with Herald: friendly.
Herald and Test: 40%

I can’t choose Steel as my rival, even though it’s possible in the first one.

Poor Ortega :sob: Never has a game made me want to yell at the main character more! Just tell her the truth dammit!

7 Likes

Well, I’m sure It’ll come out eventually. I can’t see it going very well for the MC though, no matter what you do.

1 Like

You could have pretended to hate him, or just that you didn’t want anything to do with her and her world again.

Wrong pronoun here.

Summary

Especially Ortega’s face as her suit started to fall apart after he reached for a dissolving Elyise. An instinctual act. To help. She was screaming.

And then he was

Wrong pronoun here too.

Summary

Because shedoesn’t get it. It’s not about protecting.

Need a space here

Was there a point where your puppet (female) was set as ‘short’ in the original? I thought heights were not given for the MC or the puppet, yet the description (for the female puppet of any race) says that. Did not check for males.

Will we have an option to change that or is it canon?

as far as i remember there was a choice in book 1 to choose the puppet if u wanted short or tall and lithe

5 Likes

Testing the net, you pretend to struggle, surprised when your movement triggers a bright flash of electricity, enough to incapacitate the unwary. Electricity. Electricity?

Double electricity, sounds weird.

Summary

“What she is to you?” You shrug a little, keeping your eyes trained on him. “What I am?”

My puppet is male and Ortega is female.

Why does the game assume I lost to Argent if I say she considers me as a cheater?
I actually made her lose conscious and even took her hair sample, I’m pretty sure you could consider it as a win

1 Like

Mind if I ask where/how you came across that bit of dialogue?