WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

1. I refuted your logic, you asked me to explain, and I did, that’s all there was to it. I never gave thought to whether you were serious or not, I simply made responses.

2. I think it’s really subjective to your personal MC on what their motivations are, some MC’s may want to disappear into the sunset, while others want to go on a fucking rampage (though I do think that every MC has the temptation).

3. I never suggested that the MC should fake their death to disappear in the sunset or hide underground, I made the suggestion as it would be beneficial in advancing their plans, It would be a pretty serious setback if the MC was captured by the farm again, and If the farm has any braincells they would investigate all of their former contacts, and considering how often the MC is in contact with the rangers it won’t take long for them to find out and end up recaptured. Not only that, but they are also a security risk, the MC is a super-villain, and interacting with superheros on a constant basis is not a good idea, while you may be able to hide in plain sight for a time, there is always that slight chance one day they stumble onto something that would reveal our identity. Either way it’s to be of a risk, and suddenly disappearing one day would be too suspicious, It would be better to make our fate conclusive, and being “kidnapped” would add the extra benefit of being able to blackmail Ortega.

ok this dude was clearly making a lighthearted joke I have no idea why you’re taking this so far, this is some /r/iamverysmart shit right here

14 Likes

I strongly agree with this. And it’d be a horrible decision for the MC to take because Ortega will obsessively hunt you down. Which will lead to them discovering at least some of the MC’s many, many secrets.

They’re like a well-meaning stalker of sorts…if you don’t let them in an inch, they barge in a mile. The MC’s keeping in contact with Ortega to keep them from prying. By keeping in touch you’re giving than incentive to not ask too many questions as there’s the implicit threat of you disappearing again.

Ortega is totally a healthy and well-adjusted human being how dare you suggest otherwise

5 Likes

Speaking purely about one of my “sweet heart” MCs, he’d probably disappear first chance he gets because he doesn’t want to put anyone else at risk… All this after slowly growing closer to each of them in their own unique ways, but it wouldn’t change the fact that becoming close is a mistake they wanted to avoid from the first act of the first book.

2 Likes

In that case, it’d probably be a wiser decision to refuse contact. I feel like that’d cause alarm bells for Ortega and them actively investigating you but I think they’d also respect the decision.

Seriously, with Ortega I would heavily endorse “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And keep your old mentor who was also your best friend and possibly your lover and who has in recent times became an enemy unbeknownst to them right next to you at all times because holy shit are they dangerous to your evil plans.”

5 Likes

It’s part of the drama. :wink:

2 Likes

Wait wait, we can take the mask off in the current demo?

3 Likes

In one specific scene so far, but other than this not really.

Summary

The precise scene is when you are collecting the Regenerator, and you need to convince Lady Argent to let you take it.

2 Likes

If you are romancing Argent and work with her during the auction you can show her your tattoos and take off your helmet to reveal yourself, then she’ll kiss you. Also bite you on the lip to mark you as hers and payback for mind controlling her in book 1.

3 Likes

I think it would be funny to fake your death tho, and really cool. Imagine if you are romancing someone and you occasionally change POV to them as they try to figure out why.

And I think when the farm inevitably happens there may be reason to take such drastic measures.

2 Likes

I don’t think Ortega could take another death fakeout tbh… I can’t imagine what she would do if she lost Sidestep a second time.

7 Likes

@joe_g7… you’ll upset the vulcan guy with your lovey-dovey illogical fear of breaking wee Ortega’s heart. I told you, we regroup in secret and go after him when he least expects it; the beacons are lit, Ortega calls for aid!

10 Likes

The Det Charges have been set and the abs lubricated.

3 Likes

that just made my day…:joy::joy:

I made a lighthearted joke in return, he was the one that made things serious asking me for my point, I indulged his request and now for doing that I somehow took things way out of line.

This should go with out saying but it looks like I’m going to have to say it, if my responses seem overly harsh you should all know that none of it is personal, it is merely to advance my argument, there is no need to take what I say personally, instead try to refute my argument.

If Ortega tries to hunt you down, than simply “kill” the MC as punishment. Perhaps it could be dependent on your relationship, if Ortega is your RO he would concede to the blackmail, if not than he would try to investigate and look for you. Either way at the end of the day you will fake your own death, and as long as the MC isn’t an idiot and hasn’t left behind anything that can link you to being the villain the plan would go through smoothly.

that kinda goes against being in Los Diablo . As in , if secret is needed to advance your goal…then never set step in that place .

I don’t see it that way , yeah sure…you get stripped back to nothing . But maybe it could be used for the ranger to come to the rescue and form more trust .

shrug at least…thats what I like to see lol

I think the whole identity thing is temporarly . We arent playing superman who need to keep his identity secret so he can woe the journalist and gain a pay check and look normal . The MC has been hiding so far , so their armors and tools are completed . Once that was done…we robbed the gala .

As the whole ‘‘visiting the ranger is a risk’’ , it is only to get a feel how they are doing , are they actively looking for you yada yada .

Also you can use @Redmark to reply to everyone in one post , so you dont get flagged as spam :wink:

1 Like

This Vulcan guy will be setting up an ambush, silently waiting for you all to fall into my trap.

1 Like

Being in Los Diablos is different than being in regular contact with people that if are being followed by a farm operative would end up causing us being recaptured, sure being in Los Diablos is a risk, but interacting with the rangers so much is a near suicidal risk.

At this point the Rangers don’t even know that the MC is a Re-gene nevermind knowing the location of the Farm headquarters, and getting captured just to get rescued in order to form more trust is too much of a risky and elaborate plan with too little reward, a better way to build trust would be to get a coffee or something.

While I do agree that being in contact with the rangers does provide many benefits, the risk I think outweighs those benefits, perhaps the best course of action would be to extract as much benefits as possible within the time you have and afterwards fake your own death.

1 Like

but I’m not fond of the ‘fake your death’ plan . Also , don’t forget…like you said yourself ‘‘our mc goal is subjective’’ . Not everyone is playing a hard ass vilain .

And even if I was (which I’m lol in some save) , why would I fake my death for ?

If I wanna be a vilain…you show your face . I don’t wanna play hide-and-seek with the rangers . We have a goal , you go for the goal…and if the rangers get in the way , it’s up to the individual how to deal with them .

Ah…my bad . I should’ve elaborated . I don’t mean trust like…Let me see whats in your fridge . But trust as in , the ranger will see whats like inside the farm . They will see the truth…kinda of trust . Which will change some of them at least . So the reward isnt tiny , but there is a risk…that they still won’t believe you or trust you even if they see the truth .

But thats a risk my mc would take though .

my mc doesnt want any benefit or to fake her death . Everything will go down in flame in the end regardless . Since y’know…I don’t believe in plans . Plans ahead…and nothing will go as planned :sweat_smile:

1 Like