WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Oh my God, every time i play this demo i discover something new :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You knowā€¦ when I first played Rebirth I was annoyed at the start by the fact that the path of the MC seemed to be already decided and that there was little space for choices. By the end of your first book I was in love with your workā€¦ the way you write, the layers of the story falling one on top of the other giving more and more sense in a very charming and not railroaded way made me fall in love with your work!
I am always late when it comes to demo or wip, I try to avoid them in order to savor the final gameā€¦ but I couldnā€™t resist, and the new chapters, the story proceding deeper and deeper, itā€™s even more amazing than I thought it could have been!
Thanks for your amazing work, a thousand times thank you for giving me something to love!

5 Likes

Back in my day all we talked about on this thread was breaking Heralds legs and how fuckable Ortega is now a days itā€™s all actually helpful critiques and stuff grumble grumble

14 Likes

You know itā€™s funny, I play my characterā€™s rage as more focused.

Heā€™s not going to kill innocents or heroes, although they might get the living daylights beaten out of them.

But heā€™s going to reveal the truth- The regenes, the heartbreak incident, etc.

Then heā€™s going to kill those people responsible.

Just killing them isnā€™t enough, though, people need to know why they had it coming. They have to be destroyed first- Their power, their wealth, their respectability just tatters at their feet for all to see.

So the fact that Herald annoys my character so much? Thatā€™s just embarrassing.

12 Likes

Oo I play mine similarly although my motivation is to ā€œshow the world the truthā€

Summary

Catastrofiend%202

Hi! I think I found a glitch. During the showdown with Jake. I used the gun on him, unleashed a creepy knife person, tried to not look like a meal and failed, and suddenly Iā€™m in the tunnels with Argent and Jake is nowhere to be found.

3 Likes

Iā€™m all about punching Herald face and let Ortega ā€œChargeā€ inā€¦

6 Likes

Well, I canā€™t exactly say neither of those things are on my to-do list.

2 Likes

Yummy.

I believe another reader already spotted this, but thereā€™s a puppet pronoun error in the conversation between Dr Mortum and the villain. The good Doctor referred to my puppet as ā€œhimā€ accidentally.

Summary

Random blurb of softness I just thought of:

Summary

It occurs to me that one possible end for the story for some players is their villain being redeemed, but then the Rangers (or more specifically Ortega) start watching videos of your villain personaā€™s ā€œbragging and bombasticā€ monologues on loop. This scenario is made even funnier if the mc is actually normally shy, and quiet.

A deeply embarrassed Sidestep: ā€œWhy? Why are you watching that crap again?!ā€

Ortega after sharing a look with Herald, and Argent: ā€œBecause this is a whole other side to you, and we need to remember how far you take things when we donā€™t keep an eye on you.ā€

Sidestep dramatically storms out: ā€œArgh!ā€

Side noteā€”I could totally see Ana doing that. XD

3 Likes

So, were you made into a Re-gene or some shit. Wtf happened to the MC after the Heartbreak incident? Im really fucking confused.

I love your ā€œblurb of softnessā€ idea.

1 Like

assumably the mc was taken back to the farm

Meaning? I get that the farm is where the MC was taken after Heartbreak, but what did they do to them there?

Discipline (Torture the fuck out of) the naughty puppy who ran away. It seems to be implied the MC was always a Regene not made into one

5 Likes

Wait, but the Mc tried to get rid of the barcode tattoo things, but wouldnt that mean that they didnt always have them?

1 Like

Re-Genes are basically vat grown.
You canā€™t be made into a Re-Gene. The MC is a Re-Gene (a cuckoo specifically), theyā€™ve been one the whole time. They want to get rid of the orange markings presumably so they can live a normal life, not having to cover up their whole body all the time. (And for some mcs, so they can get surgery)

8 Likes

No. Just because they have always had them dosnt mean they donā€™t want to get rid of them. They act like a human, and want to be a human. So having a literal barcode and probably a ā€œReturn to ownerā€ tag somewhere on their would just be a constant reminder to them that they arnt, and a reminder to anyone else that ā€œHoly fuck one of those creepy spec op fuckers! I ainā€™t banging that!ā€ Or something.

1 Like

So what your telling me, is that i have the complete and utter wrong idea of just about everything in this story? I thought the MC was human.

Ooo surgery? Iā€™m assuming a certain choice during HB incident permanently fucks you or something?