WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Amazing!! Love the new update and

×Spoiler if you haven’t read the new update×

Love how you can show yourself to her :smiley: and i love this so much, Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I make 2 different save files… So both :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not an anitvillain, I’m just a villain. I don’t monologue because I like to RP an MC who tries to keep a level head and learn from the mistakes of the past villains he’s faced. It’s a lot more frightening, IMO, because my MC is just so detached. It is very interesting.

On Argent, I love the romance - and general - interactions between the MC and her. She is the romance of the villain, not the MC. However, with the reveal, that split in my MC’s personality (or personalities) are beginning to coalesce into one: Retribution.

1 Like

My MC view being a villian as a means to earn wealth but she avoid killing just to get the money she want though. She don’t do monologue since she views this as too dramatic and a time waster since she wants enough time to execute her plans without adding another variable into the mix.

3 Likes

I can NOT figure out how to go to the auction for the regeneration machine. I only get the option to help the doctor. Or use what I think is a glitch to trigger the Argent event. Bloody hell…

I get a glitch when I am sneaking into the auction and I decide to follow Argent through the hole she made, it goes to a page that just says “you” and when i press the button to continue it sends me back to the options of how to deal with the two guards. Then it continues as if I already stole the device and Argent follows me

From what I’ve seen, apparently you know about the regeneration machine if “I want a better life” is your motivation. I need to check if thief or mob boss paths differ

Speaking of which, how do I get Mortum’s gun as a mob boss? I’ve only gotten it by infiltrating the auction, using nanovores on the guards, and secretly following Oryx into the hole. However, I just get that “you” page which I think just glitches me into getting the gun.

1 Like

I started over from the beginning and winging it I managed to get through on my first try without issue, I’m not 100% sure what choices or combination of choices did it since I was playing an MC very different from my canon one, but some key differences that you could try are that I had high daring, like 80%, and I stoles from criminals for my source of money as well as having an expensive apartment as my base. When talking to the doctor as Jane I suggested he steal his gun back, and then told him to get someone to steal it for him, aka my villain. Later when it asked me how I was going to enter the auction I chose the one to just go through the front doors as my villain persona. When I played through it the first time as my canon MC that option didn’t even pop up, so I think one of those key differences made it available to me. Once inside I went to look at the other items up for auction, which is where you see the regeneration machine. For reference my MC had the suicide scar for this playthrough and showing the world the truth as motive, so you don’t specifically need to have the wanting a better life motive to get the regeneration machine.

2 Likes

Did anyone else get the catastrofiend scene because I got it and I am fucking shocked and dead inside.

2 Likes

I had mob boss route, infiltrated in my villain persona, and spend lovely time with “Oryx”. But when the auction went down, I got the gun, and followed Oryx to the stage (saw her stealing the regeneration machine) and then followed her after she blew up a exit for herself, then it…kinda jumped back and I was the one stealing the regeneration machine and it seemed to jump “good life” motivation :thinking:

Just finished the first one and search for the demo immediately.Can’t wait for it to be done.

I got that scene while testing the options, and my immediate reaction was ‘FUCK FUCK FUCK time to load another save FUCK.’ It was not pleasant :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@malinryden I spotted another bug in the mob boss path:

The henchmen relationship variable is set as henchrelations but some tags use hench_relationship instead, so the text under those tags don’t show up.

2 Likes
Spoilers

It seems to me that if I’m daring enough to attack the auction with a rocket launcher, I should be daring enough to just attend the auction as myself, the supervillain identity I mean.

And why not an option to try to legitimately buy it yourself? The MC might very well consider a favor from Mortum worth cold hard cash. Since the MC can suggest just buying it to Mortum that seems like an odd thing to never occur to the MC.

1 Like

Er… what are you talking about? Those are both options. In fact those are the two I personally picked.

@bobsmyuncle Gay disaster?:thinking:

1 Like

@malinryden For my case, i follow Oryx / Argent out after getting the dr mortum’s gun , when i chose to follow her to the hole, it “loop” back to the scene where 2 security guards approaching , i had 3 options dealing with them but previously i pick redirect them …

1 Like

Oh yeah same thing happened to be. Like a loop back and mc dealing with the guards again and it seemed to change so mc was the one stealing the machine to get rid of her scars

2 Likes

@malinryden Ooh, ooh, pure wish fulfillment thought!

If Dr Mortum, or the MC by some means is able to upgrade their suit even further (nearly called it skin there, on account of how intertwined it is with the MC’s mental state!) How about a Vader op-table/chamber style unveil?

Probably the daftest idea I’ve come out with in a while, though I bet you sometimes get those little shout out ideas when writing, no?

I’m just coming here to say I will murder anyone who harms the Rat King.

W E H A V E T O P R O T E C T T H E M

25 Likes

Yeah there are quite a few mistakes like that, like, you’re able to ask “I had a funeral?” To Ortega even though that’s one of the first things he tells you in the first book. I’m sure they’ll be fixed later…