WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Are you refering to the term called fusion dance?

Hey I’m new here. And so far I’ve been playing as I guy who’s trying to make the most of out of the shitty situation their in, who also understands that other people maybe also in the same situation.

However yes I have broken Heralds legs but he ain’t that bad so far and is also seems to be an easy to manipulate puppet.

Congrats you have gained free membership into the cult of AaKH (Cult of Abusing and Killing Herald)

1 Like

Such rudeness, we must be better people!!! :angry::angry::laughing:

I do break his legs, but only for the infamy and to literally cripple him and, therefore, the Rangers later on.

Morals and reasonings to do matter son, the action does!
And you have proved worthy.

@Vacco_da_king
I smell heresy coming from this one insinuating Herald has rights.

Will we have the opportunity to continue upgrading our suit, or do the upgrades we have is what we got? Also, will there be new, upgrades later on? Either in general or depending on choices, I’m looking at you Argent Trophy, that would be interesting. Would money affect that at all?

Being in good grace with the lovely Dr. will certainly help…

Btw… when I promise to torture the golden boy, the cult invited me for their dinner party.

Hey! Just wanted to point out a typo in this section: You want the public on your side, and that means getting the press on your side. As long as you’re not too abusive to the reporters, they won’t hold any personal grudges. And if you pepper your speech with discrete allusions that there are reasons why you turned to the villain path, perhaps they’ll make their articles more sympathetic to your cause. There will always be people who doesn’t benefit from the current system, and wants the people in power taken down a notch.

But, you only have five minutes. You can’t go on forever, and when you’ve said what you want to say, you end this by…

The bolded ‘doesn’t’ should be don’t. (Love it so far, though <3)

1 Like

The proofreading phase of this book’s development isn’t really gonna happen until after the closed beta portion of the writing process. Until then, we can consider Retribution a rough draft in which all contents are subject to change/alteration to better the overall feel of the final product before the proofreading can begin.

Not much sense in polishing something that might be scrapped altogether, so minor grammar fixes like this aren’t a top priority. Right now the main focus is continuity checking while the backbone of Retribution is being composed. That said, good eye for not simply glossing over it.

7 Likes

I smell someone who likes to harm little puppies Herald

What mental illnesses does the MC have? PTSD and depression of course. He/She isn’t a psychopath/sociopath because he/she does feel empathy and love for at least some people.

Thoughts?

Also, why is Ortega so fascinated with people of the MC’s personality (aloof, distant, closed off)? She/He’s very good friends with Argent for example. Is she/he just that good of a person?

Broken, disturbed, mysterious and secretive people must be Ortega’s true fetish.

2 Likes

you can’t choose who you fall for…

add to that, from the demo at least, Ortega claim that mc never cared or treated her different ‘‘I’m just a normal asshole to her’’ . And considering her line of work , I can understand that she seek normality whenever she feel like it . Especially when you are a face as your job .

3 Likes

Aside from gramatical errors, it’s intriguing in a way different than the original. As the first was more of a beginning, so far this feels more interpersonal with the other characters.

3 Likes

The short sweet answer? Ortega has faced some very life-defining lessons long before they knew Sidestep. To Ortega, life is just too short, and pride the antithesis of opportunity.

This is why when they think you can be saved, they would get down on their knees and beg you to let them help.
This is why when they know you can’t be saved, they won’t hesitate to bring you down to protect the rest of those they care for.

Ortega is literally 100% meant to be your best friend, and also your worst enemy.

11 Likes

Very interesting. The psychology behind Ortega is almost as interesting as the MC.

I can’t wait to see what Ortega does to the MC - whom she is in a relationship with and very attached to - when she finds out he is her nemesis, Retribution (or the MC’s villain name).

Also, can Ortega be a nemesis and be afraid of the villain? Or is it one or the other? Same questions for all the other Rangers.

(Disclaimer: I use the pronoun “she” for Ortega, and “he” for the MC because those are the pronouns they use in my playthrough. So if I use those, just know that’s where I’m coming from.)

Ortega is just a good boy that does good boy things.

The worst kind of person. And our character is a bad boy (or girl) who does bad boy (or girl) things. The best kind of person.

1 Like

My character is just a depressed as fuck grill that occasionally beats the fuck out of people and steals things before being depressed again.