WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Also how Lady Argent not realize the scar in the elevator

Is against the forum rules to ask stuff like this, specially answering straight to the author!

This game is on the alpha phase at the moment, which means Malin is building the bare bones of it, asking for a release date at this early stage doesnā€™t make much sense. Also, Malin will let us know when the game will be available as soon as they know.

21 Likes

She can bring it up if you remove your helmet in the auction scene. She thought it looked familiar but she wasnā€™t sure.

Depends on the individual MC. In my case, outlandish lies that are not intended to be believed (ā€œI fought a superpowered dolphin. Donā€™t worry, I won.ā€) edit to add: like if really pushed Charlie would maintain she bit her lip on accident but that it was too boring to be believed. She is pursuing the regeneration device to remove her tattoos so what is one more little scar. Otherwise she would likely be more annoyed about it.

2 Likes

But wouldnā€™t she be able to recognize it in the rangers office when you go to see Ortega

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of confused, what scar are you talking about? The only scar I can think of is the one Argent can give us on the auction part. And if she gives us that scar then she obviously knows is usā€¦

There is too many things in this game :joy:

MC probably used make up to cover the scar as much as possible, this sentence strongly suggests so:
ā€œStroking the scar she left on your cheek. Itā€™s not covered, not now, not when you didnā€™t expect anyone to noticeā€

2 Likes

I think itā€™s also mentioned at the end of book one. Book two is still a rough draft and not all little details are added. Like reminding the player that the MC is using makeup to hide a scar. But she says herself that she did see it and just wasnā€™t sure enough to bring it up especially when she wanted to avoid people.

In Book 1 itā€™s possible for Argent to leave a permanent reminder of the little spat at the end, and the build a character for this playtest includes an option to remember that as happening.

3 Likes

Itā€™s minor but Iā€™ve got an incidence of female Ortega getting misgendered here: ā€œand having her show up in the middle of you doing something shady is far worse than having him just find the place.ā€

And another one where Ortega is supposed to be female: ā€œā€œDonā€™t. Iā€™m a new man.ā€ You look down at your arms, your outfit was thoughtfully coordinated this morning, he might as well appreciate it.ā€

1 Like

When I play a wealthy, anarchist path MC with temp bases and a luxury apartment, I still canā€™t go to the auction as the MCā€™s villain persona. I took a peek at the code and it says that there are several conditions for going to the auction as the villain, one of which includes the MC owning a luxury apartment. Does anyone know if this is a glitch, or do I need to fulfill several other requirements before the option to go to the auction as a villain is available to my MC?

I think the author said it is just alpha, and lot of circumstances related to stats are yet to implementā€¦
@malinryden just want us to test it for error or continous error , and whether certain scene is logical

Basically we couldnā€™t always pick an outcome based on our preference, whatever we get now , we just help to test it :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you guys even check the code? Iā€™m asking 'cause itā€™d make everything much easier for me. Iā€™m kind of sick of playing through the first game all the time just because I made a single mistake

1 Like

https://dashingdon.com/play/malin/fallen-hero-retribution/mygame/scenes/

5 Likes

@Kaoru It depends on the platform.

3 Likes

That looks to be a bug you found. The stats checks to enter the auction should to be correct. Specificially having a luxury aprtment or the variable if apartment = ā€œa luxury apartmentā€.

However where that variable is set, it is created incorrectly set as ā€œa luxurious apartmentā€

So until that bug is fixed you would need to fulfill one of the other requirements listed to enter the auction as the villain. Which are *if (((hgrep >= 50) or (base = ā€œluxuryā€)) or (wealth = ā€œrichā€)))

5 Likes

This isnā€™t a bug report or anything, just something I found interesting. While looking at the code, I noticed that if you have at least 70 relationship between your villain and Lady Argent, then she doesnā€™t scar you when she initiates the kiss. However it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s possible to do that in the current stage of the Alpha, as the max Iā€™ve gotten before that point is 68 (been experimenting with different options for about an hour now). No doubt Malin simply hasnā€™t added in the additional options to get the relationship up higher before that point.

Either that or Iā€™m an idiot and havenā€™t figured it out yet.

11 Likes

Has anyone noted if there is ever a mention to your persona being named Sidestep? I remember that being a big point in the first game

Depending on your dialogue choices Steel can mention it quicky at the Rangers place when you go there. Stuff like that I think goes to beta though :thinking:

1 Like

Herald Calls Sidestep an imposter while talking about him. And Steel literally twitches a little.

1 Like

There will be. Not everything is in this version. Malin is just writing plot stuff right now. There may be some but a lot of little details like that will be sprinkled in later.