WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Hi everyone! For those who’re interested, the Fallen Hero discord is up! :point_down:

4 Likes

So how exactly do you get other options like “Stay and look” during the auction scene?

Also, I can’t wait for the villain version

Any particular option you’re trying to choose?

So I was trying to explore the Precog stuff in the update, and I think I found a bug.

I was trying to pick the “If I focus, can I sense disaster before it strikes?”, but it was always greyed out. Looking through the code it says I need precognition >= 20, which I should have.

I believe the reason is that in the statsetting section at the bottom where you put your not needed yet variables you have redtwelve set to false again.

1 Like

I chose to go to the roulette table, not to run away from shroud, keep an eye on anyone who might cause a disturbance and don’t go from the building right after acquiring the weapon
I’m not sure which one triggers the scene however I think keeping an eye on others juust before and during auction might be it and I’m too tired to make sense from source code right now, so I just listed every choice i think could make a difference. Hope it helped

Also, so many things are going on in this update, I love it

Oh my god what an update.

Couple things I noticed in my first playthrough:

Summary

Some of the text seems to have disappeared here. In the earlier versions it was fine, but now skips the dialogue about mentioning the puppet’s boss.

There’s a number of continuity issues throughout this part. Sometimes I knew Oryx’s name, next paragraph she would be described as the unknown woman with horns. Here Shroud is not someone I’ve met before. There was a woman with bandages mentioned but that’s it. I also shouldn’t know that’s a regeneration machine. If it helps I played as a streetwise tactician and went to look at the items for sale.

God dang I love this game.

3 Likes

Shroud: Offers to shake hand

Me:

Goddamn, she scary as hell.

15 Likes

Like dr. House used to say “everybody lies.” That, coincidentally might also be one of my mc’s favourite expressions. So what do a couple of little white lies to Herald matter if it allows for the building of a worthwhile (romantic/sexual) relationship? Those lies are sure to be a better foundation then the truth “By the way I’m not human, never was and my body is covered in horribly ugly tattoos apart from my hands, wrists, and face. Oh and by the way I’m also the supervillain who beat you up, put you in the hospital and crippled your leg.”
I don’t see the “truth” working out very well as a basis for a good relationship between Herald and my mc either. :frowning:
Besides I’m sure Herald might not like to remember his own youth too much too, assuming that it was bad/awful enough it drove him him and his brother to a near suicide pact where they decided to obtain and risk the boost drug together. I mean wealthy, happy people don’t take a gamble on a drug with a 95% guaranteed fatality rate.

omg life is back to normal ! anyone has a manual how that work ? I forgot with all these festivitie lol

The moment Herald lets you go, you turn, as fast as you ever did in your active days, and delivers a right hook right in his face. Your fist hits him straight in the nose, and with enough force to knock him over flat on his back. A foot from the ground, his powers kick in, leaving him hovering awkwardly in a prone position. If you hadn’t already turned and walked away, he would have been the perfect target for a kick but you want out of here.

4 Likes

So sad, the fact that it requires Eden and not my main dude makes the update not apply to me…so I I’ll wait for I need to experience with story continuity :sob:

1 Like

I absolutely love herald’s new status oh no he’s hot.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to get the option to try and use your powers to since what’s up with the crowd while in your puppets body at the auction? I’ve replayed it several times and it’s always greyed out for me.

I can’t wait for this game,but i can’t play demo because that would spoil story,but i can play first part again lol

You gave me something to read after my work :sob::heart_eyes: Thank you so much

3 Likes

You need a high enough precognition score for your puppet. If you’ve used your power enough prior to that point you should be able to use your abilities at that time.

Okay thanks, precognition is a hidden stat right?

Yep.

Okay thanks, precognition is a hidden stat right?

The update… wow. That’s alot of ways to screw up.

not sure if this is an error?

I haven’t gotten this scene in my playthroughs yet, but it seems like ‘her’ here refers to the puppet? Though not all puppets are female.

3 Likes

Some small things I noticed:

1 Ortega being too handsy for their own good.
I think you’re missing a ${his}

2 #My body still have needs
has needs

3 You’ve been meaning to read up on the various costumed menaces that haven’t got in your way yet, a lot have changed since you were running with the Rangers.
a lot has changed.

2 Likes