WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Follow these instructions:

c:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot😃

How about that “mirror images” achievement? How to get them tho?

1 Like

If I’m not wrong you just need to create your puppet with the same feature as your MC

2 Likes

@Felix_Ronan is right. Both the MC and their puppet must look exactly the same. For example, if you choose ‘Middle Eastern’ as the MC’s ethnicity, you have to manually type it in while choosing the ethnicity of the puppet (because in the puppet’s case, the given option is ‘Middle-eastern’ which is not the same text; hence you won’t be able to get the achievement that way).

1 Like

Oh so that’s what they meant by “same face same race same sex”
Thank you^^

1 Like

I played the wip second part and I am terribly confused. Like I love the writing and all that. But I can’t help to finding myself struggling. This is not my character. Is @malinryden I can’t believe is my character is completely alien The fact feelings are totally set in a stone is hard for me to attached to game itself. To main character is totally impossible, I hate the lack of agency to even care.

Plot is amazing same as rest of characters so I enjoy reading it even if for me there is not a game due I can’t role-playing something I could enjoy. I see this as a great literature fixed story with some interactive features.

I hope next part could allow more changes in personality of The pc and stop being so damn annoying whinny rat I make her going to a psychological help. I loved the puppet relationship with the doctor and how something is going on with my Mc and Herald while still kissing Ortega.

3 Likes

I think you will probably enjoy it more if you wait until the proper beta playtesting is announced, as I said before, this is just an alpha version I have up to help me find continuity errors since the code is turning complicated. There’s going to be a lot more going in there, at this point there is little scope for various personalities, and you can’t make the character you played in the first game. Especially if you come from just a single playthrough of the first game, I can understand the whiplash.

So just pretend that this doesn’t exist, and give me time to finish this off to the beta stage at least, then I’d love to hear your comments.

26 Likes

I think that my problem is not the issues character has. I had been in therapy and in depression. It is the character’s personality is totally alien to me, I can’t empathize with her or even understanding her feelings. It is really interesting from a literary perspective. However to role I have to understand what character I am. Is impossible as the character never behave in a way I can understand

1 Like

Right now , i think there may be perhaps 3 different personalities for our MC…

1. pure rage and vengeance , want to destroy everything the system stand for
  2. make a profit like a true kingpin , to live a better life …in this case, the mc wont want to destroy everything , because he/she still want a life
  3. to draw out the government conspiracy , force the government to unleash the black ops and expose themselves… like Jason Borne :slight_smile: this is more like a patriotic mindset
6 Likes

I chose The second but my character stills doesn’t seem take comfort in having the better life. She is strongly struggling with something I don’t know. And like maybe telepathy has driven her insane.
Yasmine my puppet however It feels like Mara I understand the puppet and enjoy it . Mara herself is not real mara is like broken… But for the wip I have seen an improvement. She just have more self-esteem and Is understanding that lol I am someone and I have skills and people admire me. So I think I could heal her

2 Likes

Don’t trust the puppet too much, he/she may regain their conscious in the future and turn against us :wink: i just have a feeling for that…

Well… i think i would be between 2 and 3 , i chose to be a mob boss and control a loyal gang where i reveal my face to them , i care for them and would request them to fall back if encounter dangerous situation … i intend to keep this organisation and turn them into sort of SHIELD , hence it is important to expose the current government so that people reject them… my SHIELD will then come in to take control of a New Order :-):grin: Win the heart and soul of the people right??

I will of course invite Lady Argent to join my new order , i will promise Argent can challenge my leadership anytime she want, if she feel my leadership is failing… that, i believe will be able to lure Argent into my side since she always love a good challenge :-):grin:

5 Likes

I tried to make her bald lol. I want have a relationship with the herald so bad is soooo cute.

3 Likes

It took me a while to work up to replying to this but wow that was just… wow.

2 Likes

For this route, I feel that the MC won’t be able to feel such comfort yet because while they are motivated to achieve a better life, they have not achieved it yet. Right now, I feel that the MC is still deeply traumatised by whatever happened during the HB incident. They know that they aren’t the same heroic ‘Sidestep’ they were before, because HB changed that. HB ‘killed’ the old Sidestep. The MC lost something back then - something they can’t regain - and they haven’t been the same since.

So, even though they may have a new motivation in life, it doesn’t wash away the trauma. Our MC is still, at heart, a deeply-traumatised person who had their identity and beliefs shattered during the HB incident. And this is what I feel is what the MC struggles with - a desire to rise above their past, but still in more ways than one, struggling to achieve just that - because those traumatic memories had left such deep scars they have yet to heal from.

It may be easier to interact in the puppet’s body, because they aren’t in their own scarred bodies after all. So, perhaps, for that brief time the MC is in the puppet’s body, they can pretend that those memories aren’t real. They can pretend to be ‘normal’.

12 Likes

Yes Totally agree. And like I have no idea what is lost in that past. I can’t role-playing her. Due I have no knowledge of what She is really feeling what is lacking.

1 Like

Now i am imagining what should i do if Ortega manage to persuade the central government ( is there still a central government) ? To offer us a full pardon :wink:
Will you accept a full pardon? :slight_smile:

But we’re not supposed to know the entire backstory of the MC just yet. It’s only been the first book and the very first stages of the second. All the issues you mentioned will surely eventually be addressed :slight_smile: we just gotta be patient.

7 Likes

A full perdon? I don’t kill anyone so I mean they could. I really want to end being a rich famous person lol maybe the cool rebel con artist people love even if is a quite other side of law. Or even be parner with Herald. But That won’t happen lol in a million of years :laughing:

2 Likes

Adressed in future yes. Still for a real role-playing ai have to know I am this And my goal is that … I don’t have idea what my character really is and what Really want… Impossible role-playing like that. I don’t say is bad. I will only probably enjoy fully the game after playing all games everything once but then I will be spoiled in plot to enjoy it totally. Still I love the literature of game and plot is just I can’t play as I like playing yet