WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

X has plenty of superpowers, telepathy being one of them and it has been constantly said that he’s among the most powerful mutants because of it. And from what I’ve seen, they’re pretty similar but only that Prof X has an easier time using telepathy. Let’s say for example, the professor is able to mind control someone and we were able to do it against Argent, the only difference is that the professor can do this longer than we can with barely any side effects while we got dizzy after using it.

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t think they’re the only telepath, sorry! What I was trying to say was that since it was rare it’s quite possible they were the only telepath on duty when nanosurge hit-maybe the only beta level telepath superhero who even went to take down the nanosurge.
Unless they wanted to rerelease the nanosurge to test it, there’s nothing they can prove (and I know the governments corrupt but that would be a pr disaster if it got out I think lol)
The MC I think has a lot of potential, as we can see, at the game their powers are rapidly growing. Whether this happened because of more experimentation, heartbreak somehow fused/gave Mc their powers, or they had it all along, malin says they’re now an alpha level telepath, the highest, and from the looks of it there’s no slowing down anytime soon.

4 Likes

or both. MC had it all along and Hearbreak just… unlocked them somehow? I

And it was mentioned before but I would love to be able to control Puppet and my own body at the same time. We could manipulate Mortum even more, he now finally met the mysterious “boss”. Maybe a little drama? Play the Bad Guy™, mess with Puppet so Mortum would take care of them, tried to make them “switch sides” or something? We could spy on them. Dunno. And, OH MY GOD, imagine Ortega’s terror if they’re dating Puppet and MC at the same time and then boom. Both of them in the same place. This would be BEAUTIFUL.
Also as mantioned in WIP- there is a little fight going on between Puppet and MC if we have our henchmen. This would be so much more believable if both of them were there at the same time, maybe “accidentally” evaesdropped on arguing over something… Stuff like that?

6 Likes

I though…the phoenix…was stronger then him . wasn’t she ?

2 Likes

Not entirely sure about this either, X tends to be in much better shape then our mc is during the first game. Subject X to the mc’s lving standards and constantly running their powers and themselves ragged and maybe they’d get dizzy too.

I’m not sure full control of both simultaneously is possible, humans just aren’t built for multi-tasking, but we might be able to create the illusion maintaining rudimentary control over the one body while we’re engaged with the other, it’s just not something that seems advisable, unless it is really necessary at some point, just like all those people playing with their phones while driving.

2 Likes

well I did lol until…someoene pointed out…that Psycho (the big vilain with the rat and big gun was one too)…and the heartbreak is one too , but by the time we are playing…they are long gone and just flashback lol .

well yeah , as Ortega said . It was hard to get legit superheroes to sign up . Wasn’t a lack of powers…but too many skeletons and red tape . So there are telepath outta there .

Government or the army or the farm…take your pick . Or maybe some idiot released it…who know . maybe book 2 will tell us more .

There are plenty of people in the Marvel Universe that is stronger than the Professor, mainly Jean Grey (with or without the Phoenix Force), Emma Stone, Apocalypse and so on.

He’s paralyzed and old. I’d say that the MC is in a better physical shape than he is at this point, but mentally? Not really, he got us beat on that one. Plus, he has decades of experience on us so I’m sure if we were to throw him in the situation at his current shape, nothing much would be changed in the terms of drawbacks.

2 Likes

its been a month since the part two demo came out and a couple months since part one came out and i still cant stop replaying it! this is the best game in existence, thank you @malinryden for creating an amazing world and loveable characters that i cant stop falling for.

7 Likes

I wonder if there will be a flashback of the decisive moment the MC decides to become a villain.

5 Likes

Actually in book 1 you can defeat her in the sub way and then throw her into the sea, take her out of sub way and then try to take a trophy or hair from her head.

1 Like

So, the alpha is updated!

Length including command lines: 152 152
Length excluding command lines: 136 721
Average playthrough: 18400 or so

Hunted down a lot of the things you pointed out (thank you), but there are still a few known issues I haven’t fixed:

• Can still make an unrealistic character.
  • Lady Argent flirt/fight will be extended and less abrupt once I get in character.
  • The stat sheet is not updated for book two.

Some random new things apart from fixes and a new chapter:

• Can now choose to have won against Argent in the past and taken sample.
  • Can steal your cape back.
  • Steel can be your rival.

Other than that, the rules for what I am looking for is the same as above. Just remember to include a short text snippet of the problematic section, otherwise I will never find it even if you describe the general issue.

50 Likes

She’s out for the moment, but he should be back soon." Herald nods back towards the elevator.

Wrong pronoun, my Ortega is female.

Do I dare to ask what he’s done now?" It has to be something, you don’t need to read his mind to see that.

The same is happening here.

I know" he admits, with an honesty that surprises you. “Your heart was in t6he right place.”

You realize that yo have no idea what Steel and the rest of the team were told about what really went down.

Should be you.

Ortega thinks she is your friend. Or is he? Can you be friends with someone that so clearly is standing in your way?

Wrong pronoun again

Not just for him, but for yourself. Kissing Ortega is… a temptation. Like having just one sip, and nothing more. Even though you desperately want that rush.

More wrong pronoun again :stuck_out_tongue:.

/greedily devours every last bit of released FH:Retribution content
the new stuff is SO GOOD! All the Rangers interaction stuff has me grinning like mad. Herald is so cute… I can’t be mean to him…
Anyway, here’s the stuff I found:

1. After trying to tell Herald about the Heartbreak incident, it seems to assume that my MC pretended to lose powers even though went into Argent’s mind. I poked in your code and found this:

*if told_ortega_telepath
*goto hbpowerless

*else
*goto hbuseless

when it seems like it should be the other way around?

1. This part while visiting Ortega at the Rangers is a bit odd - MC seems to suggest getting the rest of the team but then not to let them know?

“Get the rest of the team in on it, and maybe we can talk.” You look over at the board. “I’m not going to indulge your obsession, but if you really got something…” It’s a safe concession to make, there is no way that Steel will go along with that.

“I will. Soon.” There is more hope in that smile than you like.

“Then we’ll talk once you do. Just don’t let the rest of the team in on this.”

“This stays between the two of us.” Ortega gives you a conspiratory smile and you can’t help but answer it.

1. This dialogue with Steel goes on in only quotation marks for a while - it gets a bit hard to keep track of who’s speaking.

“What?” you ask, staring you down in a challenge.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“With you? No.”

“I hope you’re talking about it with someone.”

“Why don’t you ask Ortega?”

“I did. She told me it was none of my business.”

“Huh.”

“And to ask you myself if I really wanted to know.”

“Like that’s ever going to happen.”

“Me asking or you answering?”

“The latter. I know you too well. You’ve always been too nosy.”

“I told her this would happen. That you wouldn’t believe I actually want to know.”

1. Lady Argent attacking/strangling the MC is being referenced even though it never happened for me? Like when I tell Ortega “Lady Argent attacked me earlier.” In that run my MC closed the elevator doors right upon seeing Argent, but I still get the following lines:

“I’m not talking about an argument. She went for me. Physically.” You bare your throat, guessing that there might still be faint bruises there. She wasn’t gentle.

2 Likes
*label healing

*if stamina = "rested"
  Peeling off the last bits of your armor you are grateful for the fact that you're in lot better shape than you used to. Six months ago a battle like this would have left you a wreck, but you're not even winded.
*if stamina = "tired"
  Peeling off the last bits of your armor you are happy to get the additional weight off. Once you shut down the power it turns heavy, leaving your tired muscles aching with the strain.
*if stamina = "exhausted"
  Peeling off the last bits of your armor is a pain, and you have to take a short break in the middle. Without the power, the armor turns heavy, almost too heavy for your exhausted body to carry. Luckily you got a stool in here for that exact purpose.

*if status = "rested"
  Now all you need to do is to get clean and wind down a bit, and then you can decide what you're going to do next. You don't want to be caught out like this again.

But that is a problem for tomorrow.
  *goto endchapterone
*if status = "bruised"
  There's a bit of a wince once your bruises are revealed, you'll be black and blue in the morning. Not that it worries you, it could have been a lot worse than
*if status = "hurt"
  There's a bit of a wince once your wounds are revealed, you're hurt worse than you've been in months. It's going to take time recuperating from this, luckily you are not on a schedule. Not right now. And you have to admit, since you were fighting Lady Argent it could have been a lot worse than
*if wound = "no significant wounds"
  this.

Now all you need to do is to get clean and wind down a bit, and then you can decide what you're going to do next. You don't want to be caught out like this again.

But that is a problem for tomorrow.
  *goto endchapterone

The “this” (*if wound = "no significant wounds") probably belongs to the if statement above it?

1 Like

I… Am so f**king happy right now this update is just… I can’t explain it in words, only play throughs. :smiley::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@malinryden uggghhhhhhh. Whyd you have to go and make me feel connected to these people. I never took the MC being Heralds hero seriously until now and i thought Steel had eternal dislike for us. damn it. i feel terrible now.

9 Likes

Gasp! The code shows it’s self!

2 Likes

Same for me, though I let Argent in and didn’t follow her when she got off.
I also got a reference to that during my conversation with Steel:
You rub your sore throat. “Lady Argent nearly strangled me earlier. She’s dangerous.”

Oh, and maybe this is just me, but the news that Steel went looking for me after the Heartbreak Incident really got to me, a lot more than the game let me express. I mean, he could have saved me. He was THAT close. And then he just… stopped? Seriously? And I basically just stand there and nod like I’m totally fine with that? I feel like this should be a pretty big deal particularly for my friendless MC who thought all his former allies had abandoned him.

Also, that line? From the MC? “I don’t think there’s a single, healthy relationship in this whole hero business? We are all throughly messed up.” Pure gold. ^^

19 Likes

David is considering unknownself

^at sexuality choice

1 Like

@AmericanShakespeare - Fixed!
@KP_Paul - Argent choke tag fixed, added more to that Steel revelation, good point!
@Phoenix_Wolf - Fixed!
@Beaterxys - I am evil.
@Winter - Fixed!
@payroo - 1) fixed! 2) Fixed! 3) Filled in! 4) fixed!
@Urban - fixed

Thank you!

11 Likes