Okay, here we go.
I am putting this out here for some alpha continuity testing, because it’s a complicated labyrinth of stuff that gives me a headache and this way I can continue on pushing onwards.
What this is:
- This is the start of book two of Fallen Hero, called “Retribution”. If you haven’t played “Rebirth”, don’t bother looking, you won’t understand anything.
- This is chapter one, where I try to wrap up the previous book, the nine months that have passed, and give you the opportunity to set your new villain stats and all the things that comes with it.
- This is an alpha level chapter, there is no grammar checking, spell checking and a lot of things are going to get filled out, changed and rewritten before we’re done. Be warned.
- You can either have a randomized character or make a new character. There is no appearance set with the randomized one, I didn’t bother to add that since it doesn’t matter yet.
- The character generator do NOT contain all character variations. A lot of things won’t matter yet and haven’t been added. You can also make character combinations you could not get in book one, that is also not important.
What I want:
- The reason I am putting this up is to continuity test it. Don’t bother with grammar, spelling or awkward prose (pronoun errors are fine). It’s going to get rewritten anyway.
- Please check for very long pages of text, I haven’t added many page breaks, so let me know if you find things that gets tedious.
- The stats are meant to be able to change your character a lot (this is only in chapter one), if you want, please let me know what your starting stats and your ending stats were.
- If you find any abrupt transitions in the text, please let me know. This is the reason why I am putting this up, with the varibles it becomes hard to predict what the outcome will be at times.
- Any passages that makes you confused or sticks out as awkward?
Current stats June 16:
Average playthrough varies a lot, but seems to be around 8550 words long.
Word count: 119295
Word count without code: 106016
Update July 27
So, the alpha is updated!
Length including command lines: 152 152
Length excluding command lines: 136 721
Average playthrough: 18400 or so
Hunted down a lot of the things you pointed out (thank you), but there are still a few known issues I haven’t fixed:
- Can still make an unrealistic character.
- Lady Argent flirt/fight will be extended and less abrupt once I get in character.
- The stat sheet is not updated for book two.
Some random new things apart from fixes and a new chapter:
- Can now choose to have won against Argent in the past and taken sample.
- Can steal your cape back.
- Steel can be your rival.
Update September 10
Total words: 187690
Total with no code: 169924
Average Playthrough: 22500
- Can now choose heartbreak scar.
- Added content related to this and some prepwork for the next update (shrinktime!)
- Potential big bloody reveal, so BEWARE BACKGROUND SPOILERS! One truth will be out there.
- More content, about a third of a chapter. Dr. Mortum!
Other than that, the rules for what I am looking for is the same as above. Just remember to include a short text snippet of the problematic section, otherwise I will never find it even if you describe the general issue.
Don’t expect things to get updated quickly, this is just to get it out there and have people explore the variables. There’s a lot of things to find in there.