WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Oh my god that update. I know a lot of people other than me also called the entire ā€œSidestep is a Re-Geneā€ thing but oh my god itā€™s actually confirmed. Iā€™m a mix of amazed and horrified - and slightly tempted to double down on my ā€œRe-Genes are otherwise normal people created by cloning and brainwashed into being soldiers from birth (with a side helping of failed Re-Genes might be used for organ harvesting)ā€ theory.

Also, two slight bug reports. As someone else already mentioned, when you talk to Mortum as the puppet right at the end of the demo, in the line ā€œItā€™s a rare occasion when he/she uses your real nameā€, it uses Sidestepā€™s name, not the puppetā€™s. This seems to happen only if youā€™re friends with them? Also, you can mention Argent attacking you to Ortega in his office, even if that didnā€™t happen. I talked her down (I think I chose the ā€œwhy are you bullying Heraldā€ option followed by ā€œI used to be the new kidā€, so there was no attack), but I still had the option to tell Ortega I had been attacked by her.

5 Likes

no it happen if you are their gf-bfā€¦as wellā€¦

@E_RedMark

I chose that we had a thing and I still couldnt get that option and I chose the option where we kissed at the hospital and it was complicated. Still couldnt get the greyed out option with Ortega. Any ideas?

@Storm456

I chose ā€œwe had a thingā€ and was able to choose it. If you say you kissed at the hospital itā€™s greyed out because he already knows you want something more

@pandaboi

Thank you!

Mortum using the.wromg name is.a bug!

Just reporting something that I noticed:

So while making my character,
I keep choosing the choices that would indicate my PC as no longer capable of telepathy. But during the scene in the Rangers HQ especially that conversation with Steel,
my PC admitted being a telepath. Well of course they know before that PC is of low level, but I always insist in the choices that the power was gone after the Heartbreak and that no one knew she was still one. So I find it weird when my PC said ā€œI amā€.

Pic

1 Like

Found this when my puppet was playing in bed with Dr. Mortum.

Same conversation:

ā€œWe can handle guards,ā€ he protests.
ā€œEven Modded ones? You know theyā€™re not going to have just regular joes guarding expensive things like that.ā€ You sigh. ā€œIā€™m good, but Iā€™m not good.ā€

So uhh during the heartbreak incident I donā€™t remember a suicide by gun option was that a new scene?

@GenecoInheritor

I got the achievement for that like the second time I played. It was always there. (You put your gun in your mouth, Ortega stops you but you get away from him and throw yourself through the window instead, if youā€™re wondering)

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a few options I donā€™t recognize from the character Creator like gambling at Jakeā€™s and was pure rage ways an option because I remember always choosing revenge but now anger is there too

But the MC is a telepath, still is ā€¦ thatā€™s why MC can invade the mind of lady argent, and the reason ortega request our helpā€¦ and the armour we build later is related to our telepathy power

I believe what @qth meant is, you can pretend that you arenā€™t a telepath anymore so the Rangers arenā€™t aware that you still are a telepath. I recall that in Book 1, you can choose not to invade Lady Argentā€™s mind on the pretense that you lost your telepathic abilities

Then inn the demo, thereā€™s an option where we can choose #No, nobody knows I am still a telepath

So, if this MC wants to keep the fact that they still are a telepath a secret, they would likely not reply ā€œI amā€ when Steel offhandedly states that they are a telepath. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So it seems that there are multiple psychic forces at work. The same force that is in Lady Argent could be the same force that prevents Herald from dropping you even if you want. Like the Entire team is someoneā€™s puppets. Meanwhile something else spurred you to attempt suicide by making him drop you. Unless of course the force was like ā€œyou should make him drop you to your deathā€ and then you try ā€œpsych heā€™s my bitchā€

Good pointā€¦

Seems like Steel is a more powerful telepath himselfā€¦Lol :-):grinning:, we might never knowā€¦

Once we take his head weā€™ll know.

2 Likes

Lolā€¦ i donā€™t think so, his brain wonā€™t function after his head was decapitalised :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll know he didnā€™t see it coming :wink:

You could just open up his forehead and examine his brain while he is still alive ā€¦ like that Silo did in the Hero seriesā€¦:wink:

Just because Iā€™m an omnicidal maniac doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m a sadist. The fact Iā€™m a sadist means Iā€™m a sadist. Jots that idea in a notepad

But seriously Iā€™m hoping in Fallen Hero 2 I can kill at least one of the rangers. Ideally two if the second death can be done so the last thing they see as they die is my unmasked face

5 Likes